Enforcement of Rules. (Directed to Staff)

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.
Blue
Premium 3
Accountname: BlueShadows22
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 2,011 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,515,778
Achievements: 230

Enforcement of Rules. (Directed to Staff)

Post by Blue » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:29 pm

Enforcement of Rules
I'm noticing that the rules in Craftland are becoming more and more loose. Players are disrespecting staff members left and right, and I've noticed that players (including myself) get away with caps and swearing a lot more than in previous months. For example, I was told that I was not allowed to use icons of an item (&i) in my shop advertisements, but I see a player using his/her macroed advertisement every 15 minutes with multiple item icons. These are smaller rules that are not stated in the initial Craftland tutorial for apprentices therefore irrelevant to them, but they are breaking rules that are clearly stated at the quiz, Greycliff spawn and /rules without being told not to once in a while. I am not suggesting anything extreme, only that certain staff members should be more aware of the chat. If you cannot socialize and enforce rules at the same time I suggest you quit or not socialize.

Unfair Happenings
So a few players have gotten the idea that it's not going to ruin somebody's day if they make a newer and less knowledgable player teleport to them in the middle of the nether, and then kill and rob them of all their items. What the hell? That's a straight up dick move. And then the player (LIKE ANY NORMAL HUMAN BEING) get's mildly or really angry, and is punished for their caps/swearing AND ARE NOT EVEN ASKED IN THE SLIGHTEST WHAT IS WRONG. And then I have to watch this cringe-inducing scene of a player trying desperately to get back their items that were worked hard for. Does said staff member give a shit? No. Add a notification/warning if the player you're teleporting to is in a PvP region or something.

And then today I see another drama. A new player who was not informed that they were not allowed to kill mobs that "belong" to players killed somebody's rainbow panda. So the owner naturally gets angry and tells an admin about the situation and suggests "a five minute ban or something" when I had seen the owner kill multiple rainbow pandas belonging to multiple people who had spent large amounts of coins to obtain them. Did he get punished? No. But this unknowing apprentice did. Think about this. The apprentice who kills one and learns his mistake or the No Lifer who knows the rule, tries to bend it by arguing and disrespecting a mod and then after being proved wrong still breaks the rule? What the hell.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do prove my points wrong because I'd like to have some relief. I feel horrible for these new players who might just quit Craftland because of all the bullshit they're getting from older players who can't contain themselves and love to bully others. And if you recognize someone/recognize that you are someone that I mentioned in this rant, can you not start some dramatic irrelevant arguement in the comments? And please don't turn this into a laughing matter.

TL;DR: If you're a staff member please take your time to read the entire thing or enough to get a jist of what im saying. If you're a player you don't have to give one if you don't want to.
Last edited by Blue on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Re: Horrible Enforcement of Rules. (Directed to Staff Mainly

Post by Kye » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:55 pm

Yeah i found out i don't really get mute as much anymore
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:57 pm

Because I was the asshole that muted someone for first offense.

And it was frowned upon.

And now staff wait until the person curses 129358 times before muting them.

lol.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:59 pm

And then today I see another drama. A new player who was not informed that they were not allowed to kill mobs that "belong" to players killed somebody's rainbow panda. So the owner naturally gets angry and tells an admin about the situation and suggests "a five minute ban or something" when I had seen the owner kill multiple rainbow pandas belonging to multiple people who had spent large amounts of coins to obtain them. Did he get punished? No. But this unknowing apprentice did. Think about this. The apprentice who kills one and learns his mistake or the No Lifer who knows the rule, tries to bend it by arguing and disrespecting a mod and then after being proved wrong still breaks the rule? What the hell.
As far as I know, I was the only one who dealt with this today. I have no idea where half of the information you got in this post came from? The apprentice wasnt banned, I dont have proof of any entity kills. So if I was to ban someone, someone would then make a post about staff "making decisions without proof" or complaining. When was this disrespecting of a mod can I ask? If this was earlier today, when I was on, Im pretty sure I was the only staff on, and I wasnt disrespected as far as I know.
I'm noticing that the rules in Craftland are becoming more and more loose. Players are disrespecting staff members left and right, and I've noticed that players (including myself) get away with caps and swearing a lot more than in previous months. For example, I was told that I was not allowed to use icons of an item (&i) in my shop advertisements, but I see a player using his/her macroed advertisement every 15 minutes with multiple item icons. These are smaller rules that are not stated in the initial Craftland tutorial for apprentices therefore irrelevant to them, but they are breaking rules that are clearly stated at the quiz, Greycliff spawn and /rules without being told not to once in a while. I am not suggesting anything extreme, only that certain staff members should be more aware of the chat. If you cannot socialize and enforce rules at the same time I suggest you quit or not socialize.
The last person who disrespected a certain mod got banned permanently last I heard. The rules are getting less strict as the staff are less strict in a way. Again, if we where enforcing the rules too much, like one small caps or a swear word was a mute, we would be getting complaints left right and center. If we are too lenient people will start complaining more. Who told you about this icon thing? Ive never heard it wasnt allowed. FYI, there is no quiz anymore. The new spawn doesnt have a rules area, but when you join for the first time, there is a screen that pops up stating all the rules(same as /rules I think) with the button saying agree.
So a few players have gotten the idea that it's not going to ruin somebody's day if they make a newer and less knowledgeable player teleport to them in the middle of the nether, and then kill and rob them of all their items. What the hell? That's a straight up dick move. And then the player (LIKE ANY NORMAL HUMAN BEING) get's mildly or really angry, and is punished for their caps/swearing AND ARE NOT EVEN ASKED IN THE SLIGHTEST WHAT IS WRONG. And then I have to watch this cringe-inducing scene of a player trying desperately to get back their items that were worked hard for. Does said staff member give a shit? No. Add a notification/warning if the player you're teleporting to is in a PvP region or something.
Ok, ive seen this tp into nether thing a fair bit recently, but noone can give me proof. I agree, when you tp into the nether, there should be a warning message/are you sure you want to do that/you have 5 seconds before you get teleported into the nether to cancel etc. When someone caps in chat, they usually explain some form of anger. Which I look back in the chat to see what is wrong. 90% of the time, they died by their own hands/they lost something/something stupid(A COW IS IN MY HOUSE!!!!!!1111!!!!). Im sorry, but if you are a staff member, its hard to tell when it happens and everything we need to know about it. Ive attempted to look into the nether thing, with no avail yet.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:17 am

The rules now pop up when you first join. So there is no excuse for someone to say they didn't know not to caps/swear. It /should/ be a mute first time. The fact that the rules pop up automatically is a gift to them. If they don't read em, it's their fault.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

Blue
Premium 3
Accountname: BlueShadows22
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 2,011 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,515,778
Achievements: 230

Post by Blue » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:18 am

pig001 wrote:
As far as I know, I was the only one who dealt with this today. I have no idea where half of the information you got in this post came from? The apprentice wasnt banned, I dont have proof of any entity kills. So if I was to ban someone, someone would then make a post about staff "making decisions without proof" or complaining. When was this disrespecting of a mod can I ask? If this was earlier today, when I was on, Im pretty sure I was the only staff on, and I wasnt disrespected as far as I know.
Info from owner killing others' rainbow pandas was by witness, it happened a few weeks ago, and said player disrespected the mod by not complying to do what the moderator said (stop killing rainbow pandas), but thank you for telling me you're looking into the nether thing and doing other various tasks, it sickens me to see the same player arguing with new players that he baited in every day

Robman533
Premium 6
Location: Universe, Superclusters, Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Solar System, Planet Earth, Europe, Belgium
Accountname: robsherwood
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,663 hours
Blocks Mined: 453,859
Achievements: 156

Re: Enforcement of Rules. (Directed to Staff)

Post by Robman533 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:36 am

Nether issue is breaking a rule: "Don't create public warps that kill people. (Includes getting people to TP to you)".

Now that I've looked at the current rules, there is one that isn't really accurate:
"Don't kill other players (only if you agree to fight in a PvP arena.)"
I understand you should use common sense, but what this rule actually says is that you can't even kill other players in the nether. For new players, that is what they kind of would think it means.

Adam
Premium 6
Accountname: the_lumberlord
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 2,067 hours
Blocks Mined: 746,235
Achievements: 163

Post by Adam » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:19 am

The Nether is a no-rules world. People can kill others at will. However, I think any kind of advertising in Global about a Nether warp should not be allowed, unless they state clearly that in the nether Pvp is allowed, there are no rules, and the player might die. I thought getting people to tp/warp to you in the nether was already punishable.

But the staff members, especially the Mods and the Admins that handle most of the problems previously stated work hard to fix these problems. And some of the rules about item IDs in chat have changed. I don't know the specifics, but I do know Staff Members are always aware in chat.
Support and contribute to the Craftland wiki here: http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki/How_To_Join

Robman533
Premium 6
Location: Universe, Superclusters, Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Solar System, Planet Earth, Europe, Belgium
Accountname: robsherwood
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,663 hours
Blocks Mined: 453,859
Achievements: 156

Post by Robman533 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Items in chat applies to the other chat rule: spamming (which isn't allowed). The items can be used every now and then for, let's say, advertisements.
I can't think of any other use for them they shouldn't be used randomly. Thus, spamming them just to feel cool or so isn't allowed.

Lux
Premium 6
Accountname: ModOfLife
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,034 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,100,883
Achievements: 188

Post by Lux » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:42 pm

Adam wrote:"The Nether is a no-rules world."
Where does it actually say that there's NO rules in the Nether?
(Except of the Wiki, which rarely gets used - so don't say: "It's written on the wiki.")

P.S. How many of the current staff (Helpers too) members have actually read all, and follow the rules?

<3
http://i.giphy.com/1VKi2xud4qsrS.gif
http://www.strawpoll.me/80648