Enforcement of Rules. (Directed to Staff)

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.
amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Re: Enforcement of Rules. (Directed to Staff)

Post by amp » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:38 pm

Jester wrote:
Adam wrote:"The Nether is a no-rules world."
Where does it actually say that there's NO rules in the Nether?
(Except of the Wiki, which rarely gets used - so don't say: "It's written on the wiki.")

P.S. How many of the current staff (Helpers too) members have actually read all, and follow the rules?

<3
Hey the only rule I broke when I was staff was the no begging rule. XD
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 29 days ago
Played: 4,297 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Post by nickmcski » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:53 pm

Jester wrote:
Adam wrote:"The Nether is a no-rules world."
Where does it actually say that there's NO rules in the Nether?
(Except of the Wiki, which rarely gets used - so don't say: "It's written on the wiki.")

P.S. How many of the current staff (Helpers too) members have actually read all, and follow the rules?

<3
There are rules in the nether, BUT griefing and PvP are allowed, it's stated in the nether spawn area.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

Toguno
Premium 6
Accountname: toguno
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,412 hours
Blocks Mined: 421,492
Achievements: 133

Post by Toguno » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:36 pm

Hippo, when anyone gets promoted its highly recommended they read the rules. Breaking the staff rules usually results in punishment (usually demotion).

Its kind of like in game, we cannot physically force everyone to read the rules. Whether you read them or not doesn't matter once you break them.

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:52 am

Toguno wrote:Hippo, when anyone gets promoted its highly recommended they read the rules. Breaking the staff rules usually results in punishment (usually demotion).

Its kind of like in game, we cannot physically force everyone to read the rules. Whether you read them or not doesn't matter once you break them.
Don't make it seem like staff get demoted easily for breaking a rule.

I reported Wizard over 10 times to staff in the months before his demotion about him breaking rules, and it would always be "we'll talk to him".

It's pretty hard to get demoted unless you're a complete asshole, or you give out wands.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:22 am

Chance wrote:
Toguno wrote:Hippo, when anyone gets promoted its highly recommended they read the rules. Breaking the staff rules usually results in punishment (usually demotion).

I reported Wizard over 10 times to staff in the months before his demotion about him breaking rules, and it would always be "we'll talk to him".

It's pretty hard to get demoted unless you're a complete asshole, or you give out wands.
How Wizard was staff for so long is a mystery to me
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:59 pm

Kyetrig wrote:
Chance wrote:

How Wizard was staff for so long is a mystery to me
Exactly. Everyone knew of his abuse, but no one cared.
Staff try and make it seem like the smallest thing gets you demoted, but, it's kinda hard to actually get demoted.
I hate to say this, but, it was almost better when Lisa was staff. We would actually get things done. If someone stepped out of line, they'd be demoted. There was no "we can't demote him bc he's our friend". Lisa demoted her best friend because he was a bad admin at one point. I hate her, but, it's almost better than it is now. Now no one wants to demote anyone.

Kye, ya know I love you, but, I'm using you as an example. You shouldn't have been promoted in the first place. You were promoted because you were highly active and staff was friends with you. And you weren't demoted until several bad things happened, and you were given chance after chance.

Staff needs to crack down. Stop being soft. Gosh.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Toguno
Premium 6
Accountname: toguno
Played: 1,412 hours
Blocks Mined: 421,492
Achievements: 133

Post by Toguno » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:46 pm

So how hard do we crack down chance, what do you propose?

Im quite interested in hearing your answer.

Banana_Cannon
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 465 hours
Blocks Mined: 118,387
Achievements: 67

Post by Banana_Cannon » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:53 pm

Staff is plenty strict enough, at least it is towards me. Get a mute for saying one word in caps. smh
DAS WAR EIN BEFEHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:26 pm

Toguno wrote:So how hard do we crack down chance, what do you propose?

Im quite interested in hearing your answer.
The moment you join the server now, the rules GUI pops up. The excuse of them not reading the rules is illogical now. So stop being light on punishment. A new player will caps several times before getting muted, who has read the rules mere minutes beforehand, while an experienced player, who possibly hasn't read the rules since they joined a year ago, will get scrutinized more. That's pretty messed up.

I've seen staff wait till 3/4th offense before giving a mute. Like, waiting till the 2nd offense is long enough. Other servers will fucking mute you a lot quicker. It is literally HARD to get banned/muted on Craftland. lol.

And in defense of the guy who got banned for spamming "fuck you": Staff has been told since nearly a year ago to only mute for chat infractions unless it's enough for the auto-ban. No kicks, or short bans, MUTEs.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Robman533
Premium 6
Location: Universe, Superclusters, Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Solar System, Planet Earth, Europe, Belgium
Accountname: robsherwood
Played: 1,663 hours
Blocks Mined: 453,859
Achievements: 156

Post by Robman533 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:06 pm

Chance wrote:And in defense of the guy who got banned for spamming "fuck you": Staff has been told since nearly a year ago to only mute for chat infractions unless it's enough for the auto-ban. No kicks, or short bans, MUTEs.
That's something I never understood, I've seen plenty of players getting kicked or banned for chat infractions. That is just completely illogical. Why prevent them from playing if all they did was break a chat rule? That's what muting is for. I just didn't tell the mods/admins they should mute instead of kicking or banning because, well, I'm a "slave" aka "non staff" aka "helper".