I think the lag issues are bad; And Add single player.

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.
USER_AVATAR
the_ethofan
Last login: 9 years ago
Played: 190 hours
Blocks Mined: 44,203
Achievements: 54

I think the lag issues are bad; And Add single player.

Post by the_ethofan » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:53 pm

I think the lag issues are bad because whenever I play 9/10 times I need to relog. Sometimes it makes me auto shift click and It is annoying. I think that if it gets fixed I will tell other people about Craftland a lot on normal MInecraft. Also if it does I will play a lot more! What I am saying here is that you guys need to fix the lag issues.

Single player
PLease add single player! please make it so we can make servers and stuff too. I think it would be a lot more fun.

More Mods
PLease add a lot more mods we need more stuff to do. Even add Feed The Beast and that would be really fun! I think this mudpack is working good so far keep up the good work!
ETHO [color=#FF0000]YEA YEA YEA[/color]

Toguno
Premium 6
Accountname: toguno
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,412 hours
Blocks Mined: 421,492
Achievements: 133

Re: I think the lag issues are bad; And Add single player.

Post by Toguno » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:48 am

Single player was really Glitchy and doesn't work correctly. World generation does not work correctly as well as most of the other awesome features. The auto shift is you, just click the right shift. Re-logging could be your WiFi, I usually only re-log when I glitch, not that often.

Porkkana
Premium 5
Accountname: Porkkana1337
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 1,393 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,132,663
Achievements: 184

Post by Porkkana » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:58 am

What do you mean about being laggy? I rarely experience any lag.

Also, for the mod:
nidefawl wrote:I said this a few times before: Its not just dropping in a mod jar in a new folder and restarting the server. Getting a new feature or set of features in is a lot of work. Adding something like galacticraft or thaumcraft would probably take a month of work.

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:47 pm

1. The server doesnt lag often, its probably your connection to it.
2. Auto shift click, do you mean you cant caps? Learn to use the great little invention called the shift key! Works great. If you are talking about shift clicking items, that can be a stuck key on your computer, or if not, try clicking right shift, that gets it unstuck if its a little glitch.
3.Single player has been suggested 1238123 x 10 to the power of 137182, and the answer for all of them was "no." So yea, not getting added for many, many, many, many reasons, mainly none of the features would work! No shop chests, economy is pointless, warps semi-useless, tping, any many, many more. Just look up some of the topics using the search function of the forums.
4"Even add feed the beast". Do you now what FTB is? FTB is a group that create modpacks, and run their launcher. The launcher contains many modpacks, including direwolf20, magicworld, voltz and more. FTB is not a modpack, and adding mods isnt as easy as you think(see porkkana's post.)
i) Craftland is a no-forge server, so almost everything is custom coded.
ii) There is the issue of block id's. I think nide was working on a fix to this, although I cant remember.
iii) Adding mod integration with an existing server is plain hard even with forge, many servers think "Oh, i'll add this, and this, and this" and forget how mods work and end up breaking everything.
iv) If you still think of just adding more things, refer back to 4i) and read this again, until the point is clear
5. I wouldnt call this server a "modpack" in any way, its it's own custom server and client.

USER_AVATAR
the_ethofan
Last login: 9 years ago
Played: 190 hours
Blocks Mined: 44,203
Achievements: 54

Post by the_ethofan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:02 am

well its not my computer because after it auto-shifts (caps without me doing shift) and then I go into browser and it works just fine... or at least add where we can make our own servers. It would be cool u gotta say so. and if so have me add the mod packs.
ETHO [color=#FF0000]YEA YEA YEA[/color]

Crazy
Premium 4
Accountname: Xcrazy_zombiesX
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 954 hours
Blocks Mined: 789,688
Achievements: 162

Post by Crazy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:26 am

Pretty sure it's your computer.

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Ok, let me explain a little about what I know about the server and what you need to know.
-Craftland Server, only runs on Craftland Server
-Craftland Client, only runs on craftland Client/Server(for most people)
-Craftland does not use forge.
-Craftland runs an extremely old version of minecraft, just with all the features added.
-Craftland runs a completly custom server and client, that cant run anywhere else.

Basically, the server only runs on this server. With my guess, it uses databases, stored only for craftland for the economy and warps, which are stored online.
Craftland, isnt really a modpack. The only such "mod" is probably aether. Everything else is custom, all intergrated with everything else, so its not really a pack.

So in summary, you cant run your own server.
Single player doesnt work.
There is a caps lock bug, if you get it, relog. It fixes it, and for certain peoples sake, dont tell everyone you have the caps bug, while using caps. I, and other staff will probably either ban or mute you still. Use common sense.