Network Lag Issue Regarding Chunkloading

Please post all problems or questions you have in this forum.
Forum rules
Please report all bugs at http://bugs.craftland.org/
If there is a problem that players will be able to help you with feel free to post it here.
Blue
Premium 3
Accountname: BlueShadows22
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 2,011 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,515,778
Achievements: 230

Network Lag Issue Regarding Chunkloading

Post by Blue » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:03 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh4hEgWV6Rk

Periods of delay have lasted up to 2 minutes where nothing updates. I have been disconnected twice by interacting with blocks alot during the delay due to an overload of packets ("Too many packets"). This began happening yesterday (Dec. 8) and my F3 ping does not reflect the delay at any point.

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Re: Network Lag Issue Regarding Chunkloading

Post by Nox » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:39 pm

Too many packets come up if you click too many times in a time period. this was made so players wouldn't use 500 times a second to click auto clickers I believe
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 4,296 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Re: Network Lag Issue Regarding Chunkloading

Post by nickmcski » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:39 am

It is possiable that your network has a lot of jitter. This normally isn't noticable for most programs but becomes very evident when using VoIP devices. This could mean your ping stays about the same but packets are taking a variable amount of time to send/return. The other possiability is there is lag on your client and that is causing the packets to be queued and processed at the same time. I will take a look to see if I can find any way to confirm either of these theories.
Nox wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:39 pm
Too many packets come up if you click too many times in a time period. this was made so players wouldn't use 500 times a second to click auto clickers I believe
That's not at all why it was added. It's been a protection in the netcode for as long as I can remember.

It's designed to drop the connection if it received a abnormally large amount of packets in a set time frame. (The server assumes something it broken and the client is continually sending packets) As you mentioned if you click to fast this will trigger the same protection, processing 500 click packets is considered abnormal as well.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.