More Players

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
avory510
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 228 hours
Blocks Mined: 141,932
Achievements: 83

More Players

Post by avory510 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:07 pm

Yo, my name is Avory (ign: avory510 formrly and Ahvory currently) and I used to play on this server a few years ago. I've logged back on now and again to check on how it's doing because this server was a big part of my childhood. I had loads of good and bad memories from playing with my friends on this server and it honestly was and still remains to be the best server I have played on, it's incredibly unique and has so much to offer in terms of game-play. Not only that but, the community was a lot bigger and incredibly fun to interact as well as to play with it's members.
I logged on about 10 minutes before writing this and have noticed a severe lack of players in the server. I remember seeing numbers well above 50 maybe even above 100, I can't quite remember properly. However, I'm not just posting this to rub salt into the wounds, I'm posting this because I have an idea that may bring back some of the old community plus newer players. I'm not sure if my opinion is valued or if you guys have already thought of this buttt, I highly recommend either resetting the current server or creating a new server with similar features or exactly the same, either way I feel like this is bound to increase server population and bring back Craftland to it's former feel and glory.

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 632 hours
Blocks Mined: 924,206
Achievements: 197

Re: More Players

Post by Diesel » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:46 am

If this does not include the loss of ones rank I can agree here. That sounds fun + I quit, because it was boring. Nothing to do, except MCMMO and Achievements (but they would afford too much time).
When the players have to start from the beginning this could make the gameplay more interesting again.

But I am sure on the other hand there are people, which are incredibly rich (due to pirate spawners) and do not want to loose their stuff

Vsauce
Premium 3
Accountname: BetterOne
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 935 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,393,956
Achievements: 158

Post by Vsauce » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:28 pm

This would be an incredibly controversial decision. Craftland has YEARS of history, and to be entirely honest with you, I don't think that wiping it is the best solution to the lack of players. It seems incredibly risky to me to wipe a server with the HOPE to bring back old players, there is no guarantee that it will bring back old players, if they even realize the server reset. Where I do agree with you, is having fresh, challenging content. A world(or worlds) where you can't bring your old items (independent inventory from current worlds) would be a much less risky decision, and still achieve the same goal. When I mean independent inventory, I mean separating anything that isn't aesthetic, including a separate economy. The only problem with this would be dividing the player-base between the legacy worlds, and the new worlds, and obviously possible hardware complications. I don't mean to hijack your suggestion, just my 2 cents.

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 632 hours
Blocks Mined: 924,206
Achievements: 197

Post by Diesel » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:06 am

That could probably be a good solution between the 2 ideas

USER_AVATAR