Use for ender dragon eggs

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
fin344
Premium 2
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,793 hours
Blocks Mined: 398,909
Achievements: 138

Use for ender dragon eggs

Post by fin344 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:24 am

Do you know that when you have some ender dragon eggs in ur chests but you cant do anything exept using it as deco or just throwing it away? well, i have some suggestions for them:

-Being able to cook it in a cookpot to get boiled ender dragon eggs
-Being able to put it in a furnace to get fried ender dragon eggs
-Being able to put it in a incubator for a rideable ender dragon as pet
-Being able to use it for the infusement altar like crafting point stars or using it for crafting in infusement altars
-Being able to get a Dragon soul by breaking it with a dark scythe/crafting it with a dark scythe

Mogubea
Premium 4
Accountname: DiamGamingWTF
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,223 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,810,673
Achievements: 272

Re: Use for ender dragon eggs

Post by Mogubea » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:17 pm

fin344 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:24 am
-Being able to cook it in a cookpot to get boiled ender dragon eggs
-Being able to put it in a furnace to get fried ender dragon eggs
Additional food to a game that was meant to be "survival AND sandbox" based is pointless. Most people have a cooked porkchop grinder now anyway, adding more food would be pointless. However, if the boiled/fried dragon egg were to give an extra effect and/or grant enough hunger to prove wanted, then I can see this item being useful. But in order for that; it would need to give some high up effects and probably restore most of your hunger bar to see any use at all.

And knowing how it takes a few minutes to kill an Ender Dragon, I could see the food being that strong compared to a few seconds for a stack of cooked porkchop. Nice idea but unsure on how it would be implemented properly to remain balanced yet useful.
fin344 wrote:
Flying around on dragons is a cool idea and all but would render Moas obsolete since a lot of people own around 3 stacks+ dragon eggs and would be selling them cheaply. Also flying shouldn't be a thing in general.

Even if the pet wasn't meant to fly, it's a large entity and would probably cause lag for some users without *decent* computers and if it couldn't fly, why even make it in the first place? To look cool? We have enough players trying to do that we don't need more things to bloat their ego. Also I believe we have enough rideable mobs to be honest.
fin344 wrote:
-Being able to use it for the infusement altar like crafting point stars or using it for crafting in infusement altars
I approve of this. Would add more point to killing the Ender Dragon. I would suggest the fuel being either a Dense Neutron Star or a new star of a lower tier since you already get 4 White Point Stars from 1 Dragon Soul.
fin344 wrote:
-Being able to get a Dragon soul by breaking it with a dark scythe/crafting it with a dark scythe
People who killed a bunch of dragons before dragon souls existed or just have a lot of dragon eggs would then see no point to go out and kill an Ender Dragon, making the dragon useless until they run out of souls from the eggs. If anything the dragon eggs would be nice to forge into a lower tier star but not something as powerful as killing the boss and hitting it with a scythe.

Overall, I do like the suggestions made and do absolutely agree that Dragon Eggs need a practical use outside of looking pretty but maybe more ideas need to be brought up before coming to a final decision. I do like the food and star idea though :P
Ex-Owner of Craftland :thumbsup:

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:20 pm

Beandon wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:17 pm
fin344 wrote:
Flying around on dragons is a cool idea and all but would render Moas obsolete since a lot of people own around 3 stacks+ dragon eggs and would be selling them cheaply. Also flying shouldn't be a thing in general.

Even if the pet wasn't meant to fly, it's a large entity and would probably cause lag for some users without *decent* computers and if it couldn't fly, why even make it in the first place? To look cool? We have enough players trying to do that we don't need more things to bloat their ego. Also I believe we have enough rideable mobs to be honest.
Moas are worth about 1 coin these days, for example, there are loads of cheap eggs, and even 1 player has over 2500 moas... also a pet is usually smaller than it's boss so a small dragon practically.
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:57 pm

It would be cool to have a 4 block (approx.) pet that you could ride. I wouldn't like it to be unlimited flying. Maybe something like the moa, or require certain food in order to fly (perfect diamonds for x amount of time), etc.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

USER_AVATAR
fin344
Premium 2

Post by fin344 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:14 pm

amp wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:57 pm
It would be cool to have a 4 block (approx.) pet that you could ride. I wouldn't like it to be unlimited flying. Maybe something like the moa, or require certain food in order to fly (perfect diamonds for x amount of time), etc.
umm...pls just no perf dias

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:34 pm

fin344 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:14 pm
amp wrote:
Then suggest something else? We can't make it cheap to fly.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

USER_AVATAR
BeepBoop
Premium 6
Accountname: ESP_ScOpEzZ
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 4,661 hours
Blocks Mined: 7,912,813
Achievements: 230

Post by BeepBoop » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:48 pm

amp wrote:
I like this idea alot, new tamable mobs would be cool

USER_AVATAR
fin344
Premium 2

Post by fin344 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:35 pm

amp wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:34 pm
fin344 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:14 pm
amp wrote:
Then suggest something else? We can't make it cheap to fly.
Well feeding an ender dragon with perfect diamonds dont even make sense.
Maybe something from the cooking pot that needs a empty villiger spawnegg and will suck hp from other mobs that are near to it.