Boss spawner

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Neo
Premium 5
Accountname: devinhamster
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 1,408 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,355,141
Achievements: 164

Boss spawner

Post by Neo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:22 pm

I'm sick of noobs healing the vampire and making me kill more butler's, make a separate arena for addicts under plz
"Biceps is always with you" -paszaBiceps, Professional CS:GO Player for Virtus.Pro, champions of EMS One Katowice 2014

USER_AVATAR
BeepBoop
Premium 6
Accountname: ESP_ScOpEzZ
Played: 4,661 hours
Blocks Mined: 7,912,813
Achievements: 230

Re: Boss spawner

Post by BeepBoop » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:41 pm

Kinda a good idea^

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 632 hours
Blocks Mined: 924,206
Achievements: 197

Post by Diesel » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:12 pm

I dont think this is an idea.
Better remove that when people die the boss heals itself.
When I was Special Unit I had no problem with the bosses.

Also from my point of view this does not make sense. Addicts usually do not die in arena -> so the effect is that specialunits vips and newbys cannot take part in Arena.

Better remove that the boss can heal itself, so "new" Players still can take party in Arena but it is not a problem

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:39 pm

LMAO. You do realize high ranking players do it too, right? I've personally seen good players run in with no armor and no weapon, just to die and heal the boss. This isn't a rank issue, imo. Would be a good idea to play 10hrs before unlocking arena access + Remove the arena task from the mentor system.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:20 pm

So lock off a massive feature to new players until they grind 10 hours? Reminds me of EA...

You could always "help" the new player instead and give them tips on how to fight it? When I was a new player and while playing in 2013, people would rush to answer questions quickest. Sounds sad right? Well at least a majority of the questions were answered, compared to now where I could look in the chat log and hardly any questions are answered. Though that is partially due to not as many players, and afk players.

Also, making an older players arena means the newer players are going to struggle fighting the newer player boss, as we dont have enough new players to warrant doing that.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:05 pm

pig001 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:20 pm
So lock off a massive feature to new players until they grind 10 hours? Reminds me of EA...
I don't think the EA situation is comparable. EA locked off a feature (unless you paid for it) that would only be obtainable after 40hours of grinding, after collecting 60$ for the game. Craftland has a prerequisite game, as in you have to have bought Minecraft to play, but, that is a 20$ game.

In the logic of not restricting major game components based on play time, we'd have to not restrict the bound notch hammer (idk how to spell it... mjolnir?) to the immortal rank... Hell, we used to restrict players access to building be of like a 4chunk box (/warp beginner) until they played 2 hours when I joined...
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

pig001
Premium 6
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 pm

I know what the EA situation was, and it was a joke.

Yes, we used to make players spend 2 hours there, that was when we had a new player every hour or so, it’s no longer feasible to lock major features (e.g. the entire game) off to new players. Mjolner is not a "major feature", its a reward for playing so long, the arena is not a "reward for playing", it is a major feature.

Neo
Premium 5
Accountname: devinhamster
Played: 1,408 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,355,141
Achievements: 164

Post by Neo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:19 pm

I suggested making 2 arenas, not locking new players from it...
"Biceps is always with you" -paszaBiceps, Professional CS:GO Player for Virtus.Pro, champions of EMS One Katowice 2014

Mogubea
Premium 4
Accountname: DiamGamingWTF
Played: 3,223 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,810,673
Achievements: 272

Post by Mogubea » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:38 pm

2 arenas. I'd be fine with this if higher up players are locked out of the other one to prevent gaining 2x the loot and whining at the newer players anyway...

Additionally, the arena that's meant for newer players would never be used since we don't currently have enough new players to warrant that kind of idea. Also THEY'RE NEW they have no clue what they're doing against the boss and would probably never get it done without assistance of an experienced player. "But all you need to do is click and kite" Not all players can do that and stop assuming people can. Not everyone is a 500hr 'veteran' on a minecraft server or heck even Minecraft in general.

Also, it's 200 health. You can easily sort that out in a few weapon swings, I really don't see the issue here. And as amp said:
amp wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:39 pm
You do realize high ranking players do it too, right? I've personally seen good players run in with no armor and no weapon, just to die and heal the boss.
It's not a rank issue. People can do it just to be assholes or just because they don't have the gear. Not everyone owns the same "amazingly OpieOp" stuff some people own. Heck I've died a couple times to the boss because I was testing the Revenant Greataxe or just because I wasn't paying attention to my healthbar when I didn't have "decent" gear.

All in all, we don't have enough new players right now to warrant an entirely new arena that they wouldn't be able to complete themselves anyway.

TL;DR: deal with it and leave if you dislike it.
Ex-Owner of Craftland :thumbsup:

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Beandon wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:38 pm
2 arenas. I'd be fine with this if higher up players are locked out of the other one to prevent gaining 2x the loot and whining at the newer players anyway...

Additionally, the arena that's meant for newer players would never be used since we don't currently have enough new players to warrant that kind of idea. Also THEY'RE NEW they have no clue what they're doing against the boss and would probably never get it done without assistance of an experienced player. "But all you need to do is click and kite" Not all players can do that and stop assuming people can. Not everyone is a 500hr 'veteran' on a minecraft server or heck even Minecraft in general.

Also, it's 200 health. You can easily sort that out in a few weapon swings, I really don't see the issue here. And as amp said:
amp wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:39 pm
You do realize high ranking players do it too, right? I've personally seen good players run in with no armor and no weapon, just to die and heal the boss.
It's not a rank issue. People can do it just to be assholes or just because they don't have the gear. Not everyone owns the same "amazingly OpieOp" stuff some people own. Heck I've died a couple times to the boss because I was testing the Revenant Greataxe or just because I wasn't paying attention to my healthbar when I didn't have "decent" gear.

All in all, we don't have enough new players right now to warrant an entirely new arena that they wouldn't be able to complete themselves anyway.

TL;DR: deal with it and leave if you dislike it.
2 things.

1. don't refer to people as assholes, please...

2. There are a bunch of pre-made arenas around the worlds.
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.