Pirate problems and how I think Nide should fix them

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
StarWaffle
Premium 5
Accountname: StarWolf789
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 842 hours
Blocks Mined: 343,395
Achievements: 135

Pirate problems and how I think Nide should fix them

Post by StarWaffle » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:02 am

Lets start off by saying that pirates are a HUGE problem. With the update that added deepVale, came with the inclusion of pirates. When killed some pirates would drop diamonds and tons of money, and i mean TONS of money like around 1 to 2k. This lead to people farming them and finding spawners to farm with. This destroyed the economy which was already about to be destroyed. Because of the economy being destroyed this lead to the older players being super rich, and the newer players being poor and unable to buy thing on the player market .There have been a few updates that lowed the drop rates for the pirates, for example Nether Update - Patch Notes 8.06 said that the pirate drops have been reduce by 10% as seen from here http://prntscr.com/h6c2lz. 10% is a good start but still wont fix what the pirates broke. Now you could say that new players can just farm as well to catch up to what older players have, but that's the problem you see new player will have a hard time fighting the pirates with just staring gear, plus it would be hard for them to find a spawner since people don't sell them, you cant get them in the wild, and they wont have access to grinders since most of them have requirements to use them. How I think they should fix the pirates is to remove the spawners from the game or disable them in some kind of way, and to hugely reduce the drop rate of the money to the amount of normal mobs. This way people wont be able to become rich in 2 days. I also have been thinking about a money reset. I'm not sure if i'm 100% on this since there is pros and cons to this. All in all, I think that pirates need to be fix for what they did to the economy.

would be nice if you fix this nide :)

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Re: Pirate problems and how I think Nide should fix them

Post by pig001 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:24 am

It wasnt a reduce by 10%, it was reduced TO 10%, e.g. the pirates used to drop max 1200 coins, now they drop max 120 coins. Its a large difference in the long run. We also adjusted the drop rates of the diamonds and emeralds etc.
Removing the spawners isnt possible, as players (who we consulted with before agreeing on any sort of change) paid money for these items, and at the time we couldnt just remove them. We have a plan to compensate for the money they spent, and also gained ingame, to hopefully return the economy back to normal, while leaving the spawners ingame but no-where near as good as they were.
A money reset just isnt feasible. Removing all the money doesnt fix anything, its like putting a plaster over a high pressure water leak in the hopes it will fix it, we have to use smarter methods to solve it. Do we know all these methods? Nope, but it at least is better than a plaster. (Plaster is a bandaid btw).
This is only the start of the pirate spawner fix, these things take time, and will come to light farily soon.

Oh, and you can get them in the wild, but very rarely

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:31 am

I can't believe we are having this discussion still. We have reduced the total amount of money earned by 1/10th. This is the start of our campaign against afk-grinding. As Pig said, we have other things in the pipeline.

These things take time to solve. We can't blanket destroy (as much as I wish we could) all pirate spawners. A lot of people have donated money for these spawners.

An economy reset is not the answer to this. We have had one in the past, and, it wasn't terrible. The circumstances this time are very different. People started talking about an eco reset months ago, causing players like Tjolleeeeh and Hades, etc, to buy up millions of dollars of the most expensive items on Craftland. (I used the opportunity to buy emtpy spawneggs).

The concentration of wealth is all at the top, even if we strip all money. We have a more indepth solution that involves incentives for players to give up some of their wealth.

We know their is a problem. But the simple ways of fixing that problem cause way more problems than they solve. That is the exact reason that the pirate spawner fix has been a long-debated topic. We don't want to fuck it up. Hopefully, when the process is done, Craftlanders will be happy with the decisions we've made.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 632 hours
Blocks Mined: 924,206
Achievements: 197

Post by Diesel » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:24 am

I think it is still a problem.
That the amount of coins dropped was reduced is a good start.
But it does not solve the problem, that you do not have to do anything for gaining unlimited Coins.

This is a big disadvantage for people who dont want to spend money on spawners or do not want to let their PC run all the day.

For this problem there is a easy solution.
Forbid afk grinding and keep the spawners how they were at the beginning.

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Diesel wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:24 am
But it does not solve the problem, that you do not have to do anything for gaining unlimited Coins.

This is a big disadvantage for people who dont want to spend money on spawners or do not want to let their PC run all the day.

As I've said; there is more in the pipeline. We hope that at the end of the process Craftlanders are happy with and understand our decisions.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:29 pm

not bad just waiting till that guy breaks the 1 bil mark
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:23 pm

Kye wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:29 pm
not bad just waiting till that guy breaks the 1 bil mark
Ain't happening. Even if it was so, it would still take like 5yrs to get to that much money after the 1/10th nerf.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:24 pm

Diesel wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:24 am

If I were to grind pirates I am just watching a movie on the other monitor and not being afk, I don't mind it although your "easy" solution would be a complete waste...

Also, the spawners were bought with a purpose if you take away the purpose without the consent of the buyers it's legal to chargeback your money and give the spawners back to nide. I checked international law for that one, due it's been going for a while. Since I understand the solution thus far I am fine with it as long it doesn't lower any further. Although I am currently waiting for the monthly counterpart of the deal of allowing the reduce of the spawners.
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:14 pm

Nox wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:24 pm
the monthly counterpart of the deal
The what now?
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:32 pm

We've now entered Fix Phase 2. AFK-Grinding will be bannable again in about ~30hours.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.