Tourmaline Chest

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Mogubea
Premium 4
Accountname: DiamGamingWTF
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,223 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,810,673
Achievements: 272

Tourmaline Chest

Post by Mogubea » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:25 pm

I understand Tourmaline is currently not something a lot of people have much of due to the expensiveness of crafting the item. But maybe adding a higher variety of items that could be created would increase the value of this little Gem. This post will be going over one of a few suggestions I am thinking about that the Tourmaline gem could be used in.

The Tourmaline Chest
The Tourmaline Chest would function similarly to the Diamond Chest in that it would show the first item on the front. What's different about this chest is that it has only 9 slots. These 9 slots aren't like any other 9 slots in a regular chest however, these 9 slots have the capability to hold 4,000 of any singular item that can stack. A regular Diamond Chest can hold 6192 items with its 108 slots. That would be the benefit to using the Diamond Chest. The Tourmaline Chest is meant to be for users that have 5 full diamond chests of gold ingots and would love to narrow it down to a smaller cartridge.

The Tourmaline Chest would have the colour scheme of Tourmaline of course.
The Tourmaline Chest will naturally have a yellow name, like its Gem.
The Tourmaline Chest will not stack in your inventory.
The Tourmaline Chest would have the gem block placement sound, walking over and breaking sounds.
The Tourmaline Chest will be able to have an LWC lock on it.
The Tourmaline Chest would also glow. Why? Because it can (Also to make it look a bit cooler and stand out in the 100's of Diamond Chests you probably possess).

Recipe
- 3 Tourmaline Blocks
- 1 Perfect Diamond Chestplate
(2500XP levels to unlock, skull level of 20 to craft)

Why the chestplate? The chest is not a piece of armor? This is just a way to say that this is an expensive item to craft and since it can hold 36,000 items within it... It should be VERY expensive to create and a Perfect Diamond Chestplate is 8 Perfect Diamonds. Expensive.

Thank you for reading my suggestion/idea, whether you believe it's terrible or not :)
Ex-Owner of Craftland :thumbsup:

USER_AVATAR
fin344
Premium 2
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,793 hours
Blocks Mined: 398,909
Achievements: 138

Re: Tourmaline Chest

Post by fin344 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:07 pm

i like that, but the Toumaline chest that can hold 4 k each slot sounds like it needs a waay expensive infusement recepiece like 2 Compressed tourmaline blocks/bricks crafted by infusement with 4 tourmaline blocks so when when holding the chest in ur inv u will get a slow effect, a maybe perfect diamond chest crafted by 8 perfect diamonds and as good like the diamond chest or worse and only used for the innfusement, a teleport rune and it maybe take as long as crafting 16 toumaline and u need a high infusement level.....

i would like a texture that looks like a chest...that looks like tourmaline so maybe pink obsidian or fimilar to the toumaline block, as u said light and i would like some shadowaether particels combined with ender particels around it

EDIT:sry for my bad english

Mogubea
Premium 4
Accountname: DiamGamingWTF
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,223 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,810,673
Achievements: 272

Post by Mogubea » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:13 pm

I think Compressed Tourmaline blocks would be unnecessary. If you think about it, the amount of materials that would go into making this chest would be worth the time. I want this chest to be mainly used for people who have a lot of a singular item, not loads of many items (Even if this was the case, if you had the materials to make these chests, you could organise items much easier with these chests). Going back to the entire material list of how to create this... You would need;
* 24 King Spear Petals, 24 Rubies, 48 Gold Ingots, 12 Diamonds, 12 Enchanted Gravitite, 8 Perfect Diamonds, 2,500 Experience Levels and 40,000 ticks worth of fuel.
* The 40,000 ticks worth of fuel could be;
- 5 White Star Crafts (20 Nether Stars, 5 Dragon Souls) OR
- 10 Grey Star Crafts (40 Nether Stars, 10 Wither Souls) OR
- 20 Brown Star Crafts (80 Onyx, 20 Diamond Blocks)

Overall, this chest does require more effort to create. This also gives it a total estimated value of (Based on which star you use and current playermade store prices);
Base Value: 24x120 (KSP) + 24x2500 (R) + 48x30 (GI) + 12x360 (D) + 12x200 (EG) + 8x12500 (PD) + 83x6000 (XPPOT) = 855,040 Coins
[WSC] BaseValue + 20x3000 + 5x4500 = 937,540 Coins
[GSC] BaseValue + 40x3000 + 10x2000 = 995,040 Coins
[BSC] BaseValue + 80x900 + 20x3200 = 991,040 Coins
This is of course exlcuding the discount people put on the final item and including the experience bottle cost. Without needing to purchase XP pots, this item would value around 350,000 Coins. Considering the Diamond Chest is worth 28,000 Coins. It makes sense that this chest does what it does and is definately expensive enough :)

Also, giving the user a slow effect for holding a specific item can make the item tedious but sure adds to its worth. I was thinking potentially having it hold 9 slots in the inventory too instead of the regular 1. Mainly to say "This is a big chest". But programming that would be a bit.. Unneccessary.. Considering the block is just going to be placed shortly after.
fin344 wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:07 pm
i would like a texture that looks like a chest...that looks like tourmaline so maybe pink obsidian or fimilar to the toumaline block, as u said light and i would like some shadowaether particels combined with ender particels around it
Too many particles would cause a bit of lag. It would look pretty, but we don't want a chest room full of these to be detrimental to the regular users framerate. I said regular user because people here apparently all have a super computer that runs at 5000fps or something.
Ex-Owner of Craftland :thumbsup:

USER_AVATAR
fin344
Premium 2

Post by fin344 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:13 am

i meant with "shadowaether particels combined with ender particels around it" ender particels around it like the ender chest but the ender particels in shadow aether style

or only shadow aether particels

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:58 am

To bad, I can only make about 30 of these if the values of these go through,
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

USER_AVATAR
fin344
Premium 2

Post by fin344 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:37 pm

Nox wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:58 am
To bad, I can only make about 30 of these if the values of these go through,