Monster Hunt

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Mogubea
Premium 4
Accountname: DiamGamingWTF
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,223 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,810,673
Achievements: 272

Monster Hunt

Post by Mogubea » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:24 pm

Current Situation
Monster Hunt is currently an event on the server that occurs every night, as you know. This event is currently.. unexistant to say the least. The rewards for the Monster Hunt range from 1-500 coins from what I've seen and I can really see this event being much more than what it currently is. Currently, the only players that compete in the Monster Hunt are AFK farmers grabbing around 5k-6k points a night, earning 1-500 coins for their "victory" and that's that. Regular players have no way to match the 5,000 point milestone every night because not everyone has an alt account with an auto clicker in a grinder with 50+ spawners.

This firstly, makes the event unfair since experienced players will just sit and do nothing with an alt account and get the "reward". Secondly, the reward is practically obsolete. You could buy a diamond off of someone I guess. But even then you need to get lucky and get higher than 450 coins from the hunt. Thirdly, the people that do try to compete against the AFK farmers don't end up winning anyway. The amount of points you get per NATURAL entity just doesn't compete, even with the 10x multiplier. Personally, I've never gotten as high as 5,000 points. The highest I've ever gotten with natural spawning mobs is 4,000~, and that was with a lot of entities spawning.

My Suggestion
Monster Points
The amount of points obtained per NATURALLY SPAWNING entity should be increased to 20 or 30 base, multiplied by their level. Additionally, bosses, including Aether bosses, should grant a specific amount of points relative to their "rank". Bronze Dungeons giving the lowest, Elysian Dungeons/Ender Dragons giving the highest. This way, if people ever wanted to compete in this event, it allows people to actually surpass the AFK farmers, who's only cost is their electricity bill. For people who wish to put effort into the event and kill entities such as Lv11 Witch Spider riders, they should be rewarded with putting said effort into the event.

Rewards/Reward Points
The current rewards, I have nothing against, considering the only thing people do is sit and AFK farm, which gives no reason to have any good rewards. This is an entirely new system I believe would make the event Relevant and newer players (even older players) may want to compete in it to get a few extra items.

Firstly, the reward for the amount of coins earned should remain relatively similar. With AFK farmers, they shouldn't be given anything special for what they do. The amount of coins given could be upped a little, but this could tie into the reward point system I am going to explain in the next paragraph.

Secondly, the reward point system...
This system is similar to the VoteShop in terms that you have another unique currency that can only be obtained through one method. This method being putting effort into the Monster Hunt. Whenever a user kills an entity that naturally spawned, they would obtain 1 Monster Point/Coin or whatever (The amount of points being amplified by the entity level too (EG. lv10 creeper would give 10 MP/MC)). Bosses would give a larger amount relative to their "rank". For example, the ender dragon could give 100-150 at random (Of course, only during the event). Entities spawned through unnatural causes (Such as Monster Spawners) would not give any MP/MC.

Monster Point/Coin Exchange
These coins would be exchanged for items such as Citrine, Brown Dwarf Stars, Sharpness Enchantments (Up to lv6), Strength III Potions, Perfect Diamonds, Tourmaline, Mob Heads, Mob Drops, Nether Stars, Ice Blades and Cursed Blades. The user would also be able to convert MP/MC into coins at a low exchange rate if none of these items interest them. Of course, the value of Perfect Diamonds, Tourmaline etc. would have to be incredibly expensive to keep the item value relatively high. The MP/MC exchange would be available within an ingame UI and not with items/villagers to prevent Monster Points/Coins from being sold to other people. This is meant to be a solo effort task with decent rewards for people who wish to participate.

Potential Achievements relating to the RP system
Users could obtain achievements based on how much MP/MC they have obtained over time. These achievements would give items such as Diamonds, Perfect Diamonds or even Credits for the Credit Store. They would also be there as a mark to say "I put effort into this event". The achievements would be at 1000MP/MC collected, 5000MP/MC collected and 25000MP/MC collected.

Potential Announcement Changes
Nice and simple. I think the announcement should be similar to the Goldrush event. A nice reddish tint to the Monster Hunt name with a nice diamond sword symbol instead of the gold nugget. Every now and then, alerting people of how long until the event ends and the person who got the most points and what they won and how many MP/MC they had accumulated over the night.

I appreciate the time put into reading this suggestion/idea, whether it's crap or not :)
Ex-Owner of Craftland :thumbsup:

USER_AVATAR
fin344
Premium 2
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,793 hours
Blocks Mined: 398,909
Achievements: 138

Re: Monster Hunt

Post by fin344 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:35 pm

The by spawners spawning rate should be set on 0 points

Mogubea
Premium 4

Post by Mogubea » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:46 am

Setting the spawner entities to giving 0 points instead of making regular entities be 30 is another way to solve it, that's true. But I'm sure people would like a few points for their effort of creating said grinder.

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 632 hours
Blocks Mined: 924,206
Achievements: 197

Post by Diesel » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:23 am

I think instead of items the Monsterhunt should offer more coins, for the competors.
Also very rare, you can get prices like Emeralds for Monsterhunt (idk if you can still get these items, but i got some emeralds from monsterhunt)
Mobs from spawners should remain to 1 Point i think. Otherwise people would get stuff for afk farming.
People today on Craftland farm everything with afk farming.... thats why I dont like playing on Craftland anymore.

I think minigames should give the winner coins or hats too (hats very rare)
So maybe people would start playing minigames again

Mogubea
Premium 4

Post by Mogubea » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:45 pm

Diesel wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:23 am
Also very rare, you can get prices like Emeralds for Monsterhunt (idk if you can still get these items, but i got some emeralds from monsterhunt)
I believe this was removed long ago due to the whole AFK farming thing and mob spawners being effortless to grind. I do remember when Monster Hunt used to give emeralds and I think a few other things like gold or iron. This was a long long time ago however, back when the best grinders consisted of 9-24 spawners and AFK Farming was bannable.
Diesel wrote:
Mobs from spawners should remain to 1 Point i think. Otherwise people would get stuff for afk farming.
Things at 1 point is how they would be getting stuff in this new system anyway. I want regular mobs to have a 30x multiplier to allow people to get more points for putting effort into the event. But it takes a lot of time and money to setup the grinder and keeping it at 1 point does still give them a chance to earn stuff, just no items.
Diesel wrote:
People today on Craftland farm everything with afk farming.... thats why I dont like playing on Craftland anymore.
I personally came back to Craftland to complete Holy Miner VI, an achievement that I started working on 2/3 years ago then stopped playing for a bit because I hated the grind. Coming back and seeing people with Pirate grinders and with infinite emeralds, diamonds and coins, kinda annoys me that everything has become automated by logging in and doing nothing. But people can enjoy that type of stuff and who am I to tell them not to do what they want?
Diesel wrote:
I would love the minigames to give an incentive to play. Giving rewards such as a larger coin prize or rare and exclusive hats would make people want to play them more. But then again, their intention was not to be used as a method of gain. More as another method of having fun on the server. I want the events that are already built into the server, to have more meaning and make people want to participate. Minigames aren't really events, they're just add-ons to the server for people to have fun in when they feel like it. Similar to Creative.

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 632 hours
Blocks Mined: 924,206
Achievements: 197

Post by Diesel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:22 am

Beandon wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:45 pm
Diesel wrote:
I believe this was removed long ago due to the whole AFK farming thing and mob spawners being effortless to grind. I do remember when Monster Hunt used to give emeralds and I think a few other things like gold or iron. This was a long long time ago however, back when the best grinders consisted of 9-24 spawners and AFK Farming was bannable.
Diesel wrote:
Things at 1 point is how they would be getting stuff in this new system anyway. I want regular mobs to have a 30x multiplier to allow people to get more points for putting effort into the event. But it takes a lot of time and money to setup the grinder and keeping it at 1 point does still give them a chance to earn stuff, just no items.

Diesel wrote:
I personally came back to Craftland to complete Holy Miner VI, an achievement that I started working on 2/3 years ago then stopped playing for a bit because I hated the grind. Coming back and seeing people with Pirate grinders and with infinite emeralds, diamonds and coins, kinda annoys me that everything has become automated by logging in and doing nothing. But people can enjoy that type of stuff and who am I to tell them not to do what they want?
Diesel wrote:
I would love the minigames to give an incentive to play. Giving rewards such as a larger coin prize or rare and exclusive hats would make people want to play them more. But then again, their intention was not to be used as a method of gain. More as another method of having fun on the server. I want the events that are already built into the server, to have more meaning and make people want to participate. Minigames aren't really events, they're just add-ons to the server for people to have fun in when they feel like it. Similar to Creative.

Yeah i get your Point with the afk Grinding, I totally agree it should be set to zero. Yeah otherwise, when noone else is competing people would get the price, who afk-Grind.

Also I understand the last thing with the minigames. Watch the stats of Jet... He won 1k SurvivalGames, just by killing alt accounts i suppose.
This would be very dangerous for the Minigames system, if there were prices.

I was told, that afk-Grinding and this stuff is allowed, because the Staff can't control it...
Seriously this is very stupid excuse for allowing it. There are a lot of people applying for helper,
give them a chance and get more Staff , to control the afk-grinding and afk-mcmmo.

Mogubea
Premium 4

Post by Mogubea » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:47 pm

Diesel wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:22 am
Yeah i get your Point with the afk Grinding, I totally agree it should be set to zero. Yeah otherwise, when noone else is competing people would get the price, who afk-Grind.

Also I understand the last thing with the minigames. Watch the stats of Jet... He won 1k SurvivalGames, just by killing alt accounts i suppose.
This would be very dangerous for the Minigames system, if there were prices.

I was told, that afk-Grinding and this stuff is allowed, because the Staff can't control it...
Seriously this is very stupid excuse for allowing it. There are a lot of people applying for helper,
give them a chance and get more Staff , to control the afk-grinding and afk-mcmmo.
AFK Grinding used to be bannable, but was "accepted" when it was figured it was too difficult to control it. Also, if AFK Grinding was made bannable once again, the people with grinders would leave and MobSpawners would lose all of their value, since their main use is to be used to grind with. Used to grind for mob kills, monster hunt kills, mob drops, experience and flux. Maybe if a few of these things were removed, less people would grind. But this would then require more things like achievements or exclusive loot only obtained through these achievements or goals. Deepvale was a great way to get people out of their grinders but introduced Pirates and harmed the economy.

Minigames having rewards, yeah, alternate accounts ruins that idea.

This suggestion was made to try and work as another way of getting people out of their grinders to get loot... Whether it gets accepted/implemented (even slightly) is another question entirely.