Possible way to 'fix' the mass cache of money

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
Hamster
Premium 6
Accountname: hamham1111
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 2,629 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,762,853
Achievements: 221

Possible way to 'fix' the mass cache of money

Post by Hamster » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:50 pm

1. Create a staff event that heavily relies on cash, for items of no real merit excluding bragging rights.
Ie. Unusual hats with 2 effects. This will lower the net of cash that is in craftland, since the cash goes nowhere it is now void, lowering it. While this is happening, lower the potency of cash dropping from pirates, since that is where several millions come from each day.
2. Introduce more ways to spend money. For example, make skins cheaper and more advertised, so people have the urge to purchase them. Cash converted to credits also goes nowhere, so the cash cound of craftland goes down.
[center]nice meme bigboy[/center]

USER_AVATAR
fin344
Premium 2
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,793 hours
Blocks Mined: 398,909
Achievements: 138

Re: Possible way to 'fix' the mass cache of money

Post by fin344 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:54 pm

1.Nerf pirates
2.only one Pirate spawner one biome

Mogubea
Premium 4
Accountname: DiamGamingWTF
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,223 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,810,673
Achievements: 272

Post by Mogubea » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:06 pm

Maybe add a few exclusive enchantments within the Credit Store. Something like a "Boss Slayer" enchant that increases the amount of damage you do to a boss by 2/4/6 a swing or shot with your bow. Or maybe higher enchantments like Sharpness/Smite/Bane/Power XV. As Hamster said, coins that are converted into Credits become void and I would gladly convert into credits to get exclusive enchantments. Another enchantment idea is "Experience" which could give you experience and/or flux per block mined, regardless if they originally gave experience/flux or not. This would of course need to be balanced out to accept the fact that some people can mine a couple thousand stone in 5 minutes but cannot do the same for natural logs. These enchantments would be completely unaccessible to the ingame Villager trades or loot drops from bosses and are completely exclusive to the Credit Store.

Maybe even an exclusive name colour for people who have converted let's say, about 1,000 Credits worth of coins and another for 10,000. Maybe a cape or a different glow colour like green or yellow. Speaking about glowing, Craftland has support for custom item glows. Perhaps add a station completely exclusive to the Credit Store that can allow a custom coloured item glow for an enchanted tool.

Regarding exclusive things, maybe add a few permissions that could be purchased or "abilities" let's say. Maybe you could purchase the ability to exceed the 1,200 MCMMO limit and be able to reach 1,500 but only with the specific skill purchased. I'm suggesting a lot of exclusive things since a lot of people tend to like that sort of thing. I do too :p

Maybe a "Credit" armour set or toolset that have special abilities when performing the relevent jobs. Maybe a credit tool could have a random chance to drop an addition piece of loot like a random gem. The "Credit" armour set would only be repairable using higher up materials but would have to be worth purchasing.

Also, perhaps make the Credit Store accessible from the in game client. Newer players, even a few experienced players, still don't really know that the Credit Store exists on the craftland website. Or perhaps just make another login reminder that you can purchase things on the website.

Another idea is in future Achievements, reduce the amount of money earned and increase the amount of items you earn instead. This way, some people will still strive to obtain these achievements for the item value rather than cash. You could also have achievements strictly give out Credits instead of in game cash for the future too. This way, more people would frolock to the Credit Store to spend their Credits.

Also, regarding things that could be added to the Credit Store. Maybe allow Point Stars to be purchased with credits, aswell as Perfect Diamonds and maybe even Tourmaline for people who can't be bothered to make it themselves (of course at a high price).

I was also thinking adding a little tax to when you repair items or purchasing items from chestshops, but I think that would be trying a bit too hard.

Also yes, nerf pirates T..T
Ex-Owner of Craftland :thumbsup:

Crovan
Premium 4
Played: 1,653 hours
Blocks Mined: 603,456
Achievements: 151

Post by Crovan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:44 pm

Upvote for most of what Beandon mentioned, in my opinion however ability level 1200+ would rather outbalance the server if you consider that weapon damage, rare loot chance (fishing) etc. would increase. I honestly have no need to gain even more wheat-crops. :D

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:08 am

Lmao reset the server
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

USER_AVATAR
fin344
Premium 2

Post by fin344 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:40 pm

Kye wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:08 am
Lmao reset the server
i agree lol

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:47 pm

Here's why resetting the server won't work: It's the donators, stupid!

Resetting the server disenfranchises all those who bought special offers, but also all those who are just starting out (they will all leave), and wll those who haven't played for a while, come back, and see everuthing they had is now gone.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 632 hours
Blocks Mined: 924,206
Achievements: 197

Post by Diesel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:32 am

Hamster wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:50 pm
1. Create a staff event that heavily relies on cash, for items of no real merit excluding bragging rights.
Ie. Unusual hats with 2 effects. This will lower the net of cash that is in craftland, since the cash goes nowhere it is now void, lowering it. While this is happening, lower the potency of cash dropping from pirates, since that is where several millions come from each day.
2. Introduce more ways to spend money. For example, make skins cheaper and more advertised, so people have the urge to purchase them. Cash converted to credits also goes nowhere, so the cash cound of craftland goes down.
After this make AFK-Grinding forbidden...
Lets watch for example Hades. (nothing against you Hades, I like you :laughing: )
He has 106 million coins, only by keeping his alt account online all day.
This is, why there is so much money on the server...

I think Hades dont has all of his money from afk-grinding, but i presume the most of it.
I dont blame Hades himself, I blame the staff for allowing such things to happen.
Chev, Jet and Marcel got banned for duplicating items and "ruining economy with it" but ruining economy with afk-Grinding is allowed?!

Sorry Hades for picking you as example (i am truly sorry) but you are the most obvious example.
I know there are a lot of other people doing this (some friends of me)...

USER_AVATAR
fin344
Premium 2

Post by fin344 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:24 pm

i think after making AFK-Grinding forbidden, there will be some people that wont play on the server anymore becouse almost everything they got is from AFK-Grinding....they gonna have to break their grinders,some will be maybe pissed off becouse they just build a grinder or wasted so much time and materials to build one...maybe some players also will leave becouse they think they have everything they want or have nothing to do and just leave. i think first off all to make AFK-Grinding forbidden we need some new items/achievements/or general thing u cant afk grinding and where u have fun unlike the achivement killing 1k valkyries or breaking 1 mio holystone or getting items with a little chance like the valkyrie sword where u get bored and need to waste some months...maybe some new mechanics , fix redstone, add the items from the 1.12, new ores, new dungeons, daily achivements and so on before making afk grinding forbidden, fixing the economy and becouse afk grinding will be forbidden they cant grind their stuff througt pirates (diamonds,emeralds,money) /golems (iron) /pigmens (gold) /animals (food) and the economy wont get broken again.

I dont know if that is gonna happen if AFK-Grinding will be forbidden but everything is possible and its better being prepared.

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 632 hours
Blocks Mined: 924,206
Achievements: 197

Post by Diesel » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Fin on the other hand there are people who Left CL because of afk - grinding.
I left and I know im not alone.

Fin, son, SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS, YOU KNOW ITS TRUE

*KHOOOOH* * PUUUHRR* *KHOOOOH* *PUUUHRR*

I am one with the Dark Side :shock: