Possible way to 'fix' the mass cache of money

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
fin344
Premium 2
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,793 hours
Blocks Mined: 398,909
Achievements: 138

Re: Possible way to 'fix' the mass cache of money

Post by fin344 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:04 pm

Diesel wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:01 pm
Fin on the other hand there are people who Left CL because of afk - grinding.
I left and I know im not alone.

Fin, son, SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS, YOU KNOW ITS TRUE

*KHOOOOH* * PUUUHRR* *KHOOOOH* *PUUUHRR*

I am one with the Dark Side :shock:
i wanna on the dark side too :3

Frost
Premium 6
Accountname: Frostring_
Played: 4,316 hours
Blocks Mined: 13,688,749
Achievements: 271

Post by Frost » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:55 am

Summary;
Can't nerf pirate grinders because donators will get mad
Can't reset economy because donators will get mad
Can't reset the worlds because donators and people who dont care about the economy will get mad
Can't ban for afk grinding because donators will get mad

Keeping it the way it is now is slowly killing the server (in my opinion) for both donators and non donators

Offering pirate spawners overpowered like that for real money was a terrible idea, maybe it helped the server for a month or 2 but in the long term its only losing money.

Personally im a fan of completely resetting everything besides donation ranks and playtime, but i dont see that ever happening. Another option would be to open a new seperate world with its own economy and everything, but that would probably bring more server costs ect. so that might not be possible either.

conclusion; i have absolutely no clue how to fix this mess just wanted to share my thoughts :D

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 632 hours
Blocks Mined: 924,206
Achievements: 197

Post by Diesel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:18 pm

I would love to get everything resettet. It would be really fun again, but I am sure many people would not agree on this, because a lot of people built a lot of stuff.

Frost
Premium 6
Accountname: Frostring_
Played: 4,316 hours
Blocks Mined: 13,688,749
Achievements: 271

Post by Frost » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:37 pm

Diesel wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:18 pm
I would love to get everything resettet. It would be really fun again, but I am sure many people would not agree on this, because a lot of people built a lot of stuff.
I suggested in another post somewhere on the forums to have the worlds available for single player download through the craftland client, not sure if thats possible though.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:48 pm

Frost; You are arguing that donators will get mad. As I've said on previous posts on this issue (not on this topic in specific), the biggest donators for pirate spawners are me, Hades, and Tj. All three of us are willing to have an open conversation on what would be a nerf that would fix the game, but also keep some incentive for the use of the spawners. I personally WANT to fix this. Hades expressed interest in the past of working WITH staff members to nerf pirate spawners. We all want a better server.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:05 pm

How would you's, as the highest users of pirate grinders suggest a fix then? Feel free to PM me or we can get on ts at some point, I have been meaning to catch you to talk about it but I have a lot of reports due right now so havent been as available, along with being away for the weekend.

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:26 pm

amp wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:48 pm
Frost; You are arguing that donators will get mad. As I've said on previous posts on this issue (not on this topic in specific), the biggest donators for pirate spawners are me, Hades, and Tj. All three of us are willing to have an open conversation on what would be a nerf that would fix the game, but also keep some incentive for the use of the spawners. I personally WANT to fix this. Hades expressed interest in the past of working WITH staff members to nerf pirate spawners. We all want a better server.
I and a few others also spend money on them, yet you're stating we shouldn't be addressed while you spend the most and gained the most. I do want a fix but I don't want to be excluded, you all 3 went hogging up thousands of items and give less of a care about the money.

Which is smart thinking if you expect it to be nerfed, (which is actually not allowed due to international law, throwing on a "donation" sign on an online or offline item while intending to give a certain item back for it concludes itself into something is being sold for a sum of money, stating it is a donation doesn't mean it's not just an offer which being sold). I asked around for this information. Anyhow it's the same principle if you're donation a bunch of money for a car, you get the car, and the previous owner decides to take away the engine, the wheels, and the chairs. It's simply not allowed to break down onto a made deal without getting the acceptance of all parties which bought ("donated") the item.

I'm open for chat or ts, of course, preferably 1 to 1.
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6

Post by Diesel » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:10 pm

Nox wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:26 pm
amp wrote:
I and a few others also spend money on them, yet you're stating we shouldn't be addressed while you spend the most and gained the most. I do want a fix but I don't want to be excluded, you all 3 went hogging up thousands of items and give less of a care about the money.

Which is smart thinking if you expect it to be nerfed, (which is actually not allowed due to international law, throwing on a "donation" sign on an online or offline item while intending to give a certain item back for it concludes itself into something is being sold for a sum of money, stating it is a donation doesn't mean it's not just an offer which being sold). I asked around for this information. Anyhow it's the same principle if you're donation a bunch of money for a car, you get the car, and the previous owner decides to take away the engine, the wheels, and the chairs. It's simply not allowed to break down onto a made deal without getting the acceptance of all parties which bought ("donated") the item.

I am not an expert on if it is allowed to nerf virtual items. But I think the comparison between an virtual good and a car is not correct.

When you are buying a car, there contract includes that you get all parts of the car.
A virtual good is far more complex then that. A virtual good like an Minecraft Items does not have "parts". Yes it sounds logical for me that you should not nerf or buff an Item after selling it, but I am not sure if there was any contract done while buying the item, which includes that the values of the Items must not get changed. (Maybe an Administrator knows it.) I personally think it is allowed, because companies like "wargaming" are always nerfing or buffing their Premium Tanks, to make the game more balanced and they are allowed to. So Craftland should be allowed to do so.
But maybe wargaming has special terms in their contracts.

Please come up with facts Nox, when saying it is illegal. I know exept that wargaming is nerfing or buffing tanks I dont have facts either but at least examples.

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:22 pm

Diesel wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:10 pm
Nox wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:26 pm
amp wrote:

I am not an expert on if it is allowed to nerf virtual items. But I think the comparison between an virtual good and a car is not correct.

When you are buying a car, there contract includes that you get all parts of the car.
A virtual good is far more complex then that. A virtual good like an Minecraft Items does not have "parts". Yes it sounds logical for me that you should not nerf or buff an Item after selling it, but I am not sure if there was any contract done while buying the item, which includes that the values of the Items must not get changed. (Maybe an Administrator knows it.) I personally think it is allowed, because companies like "wargaming" are always nerfing or buffing their Premium Tanks, to make the game more balanced and they are allowed to. So Craftland should be allowed to do so.
But maybe wargaming has special terms in their contracts.

Please come up with facts Nox, when saying it is illegal. I know exept that wargaming is nerfing or buffing tanks I dont have facts either but at least examples.
Check international law next time before responding, thank you very much...
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6

Post by Diesel » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:34 pm

Nox prove me wrong

We need sources where it is said that it is forbidden