Tourmaline Pick Useless.

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
BlasterG717
Premium 4
Last login: 1 day ago
Played: 3,063 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,308,757
Achievements: 239

Tourmaline Pick Useless.

Post by BlasterG717 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:00 am

Yes the tourmaline pickaxe gives players more inventory space. But let's face it, for what it costs to make and repair, it is no where near worth putting money into just for the ability to mine in both worlds. In addition I've been seeing people invest into putting high efficiency on the pickaxe (ie - eff 10), so they can insta break stone in the overworld, however you only need efficiency 4 to insta-break holy stone. Meaning its pretty much a waste of an efficiency book. Due to this I think people would be better off and more satisfied to settle with less inventory space. Overall I don't think anyone will start to use this pickaxe because of these flaws and I believe changes should be made to it.

Possible Solutions:
1. Convert the tourmaline pickaxe to a spectral pickaxe that can be used in both worlds.
2. Add more durability to it, that way people don't freak out over having to repair it.
3. Make holystone the same as regular stone (insta-breaking with eff 7+).
4. Make the pickaxe itself less expensive to infuse.
5. Make it have another special ability besides the "both world" use (ie - doesn't take hunger etc).

(These were my personal solution suggestions. You guys can tell me some of yours and I can put them on here.)

USER_AVATAR
Coco
Premium 6
Accountname: PinkMermaid1216
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 1,070 hours
Blocks Mined: 714,226
Achievements: 146

Re: Tourmaline Pick Useless.

Post by Coco » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:05 am

Smart idea, so you are just focusing on how the pickaxe can be actually useful? Because to some people the tourmaline pick is somewhat useful.
Wake yo @$$ up cause its time to go beast mode :worship: :worship: :rocks: :cry: :cussing:

USER_AVATAR
Coco
Premium 6
Accountname: PinkMermaid1216
Played: 1,070 hours
Blocks Mined: 714,226
Achievements: 146

Post by Coco » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:06 am

And your just improving on the pickaxe
Wake yo @$$ up cause its time to go beast mode :worship: :worship: :rocks: :cry: :cussing:

USER_AVATAR
BlasterG717
Premium 4
Last login: 1 day ago
Played: 3,063 hours
Blocks Mined: 6,308,757
Achievements: 239

Post by BlasterG717 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:08 am

Coco wrote:Smart idea, so you are just focusing on how the pickaxe can be actually useful? Because to some people the tourmaline pick is somewhat useful.

It is way too expensive for even the rich players to keep repairing every day just as they would repair their normal pick everyday. I understand the unique thinking that went into this pick but its honestly not worth it at all.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:38 pm

Agree with Blaster. Very tedious and somewhat hard to repair even for older players.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

Mogubea
Premium 4
Accountname: DiamGamingWTF
Played: 3,223 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,810,673
Achievements: 272

Post by Mogubea » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:54 pm

Knowing the expense of repairing and creating one of these pickaxes, maybe it should be given another special "ability" instead of just the ability to mine in both worlds or the same ability as the Spectral Pickaxe. The Tourmaline pickaxe is more expensive than the Spectral Pickaxe and should be given something of more use as an ability, especially since the pickaxe has less durability with more expense than the Spectral.

Here's an idea that could act as an additional passive for the Tourmaline Pickaxe:
"Self-Repair" - The Tourmaline Pickaxe has a counter. This counter increases with every ore mined based upon the rarity of each ore (EG. Coal,Iron,Gold,Redstone =1pt, Diamond=4/5 etc...). For every 8 "points" on this counter, the pickaxe will slowly repair itself... Consuming 8 points every few seconds to repair itself by 1 durability whilst the pickaxe is within the players inventory if the pickaxe has enough points avaliable.
However, to keep this pickaxe from getting too powerful, the pickaxe will slowly, based on how many blocks it has mined, gradually consume more and more points instead of just 8 per 1 durability. This is to prevent the pickaxe from just being an infinite durability tool and give it some sort of "life cycle" if you will. Alongside this, durability points will be consumed at a much slower rate over time if the pickaxe is at full durability. To again, prevent the pickaxe from being too powerful.

Tell me what you think :)
Ex-Owner of Craftland :thumbsup:

USER_AVATAR
fin344
Premium 2
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,793 hours
Blocks Mined: 398,909
Achievements: 138

Post by fin344 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:19 pm

add the mending enchantment from the 1.9