to handle donation issues

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Hampton
Premium 5
Accountname: herohamp
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 786 hours
Blocks Mined: 137,298
Achievements: 113

Re: to handle donation issues

Post by Hampton » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:40 pm

moomon wrote:
herohamp wrote:That would be like putting a sign in a bank saying "Anyone who steals will go to jail." It won't deter and stop anyone
no the heavy security and steel walls around the money stops them from stealing
You know what I mean...

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:23 pm

Well first off, if you donate for a certain item, you're not donating you're just buying a ingame item. If you don't get a product irl you would chargeback the money aswell if you wouldn't have gotten the product. Similar with banned players if they have paid for a rank. If a person doesn't have acces to the bought product they bought, the deal is off in law country aswell.

Example: say I sell you this bottle of water to you for 2 euros, and place the bottle of water anywhere out of my reach due to whatever reason you can think off, it will be seen as you scammed the person for the 2 euros. In this case whoever paid the 2 euros is allowed to chargeback money. Just because the person didn't get the water.

With ranks and bought items it's similar if someone perms me I wouldn't have acces to the product I have bought. Which concludes into a theft towards my bought goods. and since the seller takes it back is would say it would make sense you are able to chargeback. Whether he likes it or not.

P.S. I am not picking sides, just telling how it works with internet deals.
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 25 days ago
Played: 4,297 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Post by nickmcski » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:38 pm

Nox wrote:Well first off, if you donate for a certain item, you're not donating you're just buying a ingame item. If you don't get a product irl you would chargeback the money aswell if you wouldn't have gotten the product. Similar with banned players if they have paid for a rank. If a person doesn't have acces to the bought product they bought, the deal is off in law country aswell.

Example: say I sell you this bottle of water to you for 2 euros, and place the bottle of water anywhere out of my reach due to whatever reason you can think off, it will be seen as you scammed the person for the 2 euros. In this case whoever paid the 2 euros is allowed to chargeback money. Just because the person didn't get the water.

With ranks and bought items it's similar if someone perms me I wouldn't have acces to the product I have bought. Which concludes into a theft towards my bought goods. and since the seller takes it back is would say it would make sense you are able to chargeback. Whether he likes it or not.

That's not true at all, we have the rules page.

With companies if you violate their terms of service then they can brick your hardware, deactivate your game, ect. 100% legal.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6

Post by Nox » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:59 pm

nickmcski wrote:
Nox wrote:Well first off, if you donate for a certain item, you're not donating you're just buying a ingame item. If you don't get a product irl you would chargeback the money aswell if you wouldn't have gotten the product. Similar with banned players if they have paid for a rank. If a person doesn't have acces to the bought product they bought, the deal is off in law country aswell.

That's not true at all, we have the rules page.

With companies if you violate their terms of service then they can brick your hardware, deactivate your game, ect. 100% legal.
Still if something is bought over internet you're allowed to charge your money back if you're not having or not having acces to the product you bought.
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6

Post by nickmcski » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:13 pm

That's not how it works, you buy within the agreement. If you violate the agreement you forfit all rights to the product/service.
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6

Post by Nox » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:28 pm

nickmcski wrote:That's not how it works, you buy within the agreement. If you violate the agreement you forfit all rights to the product/service.
I tried to find a agreement but couldn't find any can you show us the agreement?

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6

Post by nickmcski » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:36 pm

I will try and find a news article when I get home, but I can recall server companies banning players for cheating and not granting them a refund. In our case it's not cheating, but it is violating our rules you agreed to when joining the server.
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6

Post by Nox » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:41 pm

nickmcski wrote:I will try and find a news article when I get home, but I can recall server companies banning players for cheating and not granting them a refund. In our case it's not cheating, but it is violating our rules you agreed to when joining the server.
Uhm, there is a option to click the right top cross on the popping up rules window, also the rules doesn't state any agreement of terms. It just tells you what you shouldn't do. I stay at my point though, if a product doesn't get delivered properly or is taken away for whatever reason you're 100% in your right to take back the money, since there is no functional product to acces to.

USER_AVATAR
Cody
Premium 5
Accountname: CodySewell
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 4,288 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,979,077
Achievements: 163

Post by Cody » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:11 am

nox even if you get something in return its still a donation so it doesnt matter a donation is a gift not a purchase

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6

Post by Nox » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:39 pm

Cody wrote:nox even if you get something in return its still a donation so it doesnt matter a donation is a gift not a purchase
If you get something in return it is a buy and sell situation not a donation, also a donation doesn't have to be a final state, it's a transaction made out of good will, if you lose the good will for whatever reason you can take your money back.