Realms, a multi-world suggestion

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
Superheoguy
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 160 hours
Blocks Mined: 49,439
Achievements: 47

Post by Superheoguy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:03 am

I love Craftland, out of all the modpacks I have played, Craftland takes the cake. With it's welcoming community and the Aether 1, whats not to love? There was always one problem, I am not the largest fan of online only modpacks. When I play MC, it is either on singleplayer or LAN. I don't like having huge bridges of cobblestone and dirt huts for as far as the eye can see. There is also little control when it comes to Craftland, if I want to play on creative, I can't just "/gamemode c" as that would be unfair to everyone. Then I came to an idea, "What if I could have my own world, where I control what I want, without ruining the other player's experience?" so I thought, and thought and thought some more here it is, my suggestion for Realms.
How would it work?
So, there would be a new tab in the craftland menu for realms, in there you can see realms you are invited to and your own(at a price). So, a realm is a 1000x100 MAX!(5000x5000 is too large) and a world of your choice (aether, greycliff, etc.) from there you can add people to your realm. To travel to a realm, just click tp on the realm you want to go to. Of course, inventories are separate.
How to control your realm?
To control your realm go to the realms tab, find your realm and click edit realm. From there you can reset the world, change the seed, install backups, op people, enable pvp, change difficulty and remove people from your realm. No need to worry, only the creator of a realm can reset the realm, install backups(installed on your system!) or change the seed. You can also disable certain blocks such as tnt, lava, etc. to prevent griefing. Warping to a realm uninvited does not work and creating warps will not be public, and will only be available to invited members.
THANKS FOR READING
This is my first suggestion so, try not to be too harsh ;)
I will be updating this and will be taking your guys's suggestions aswell! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Superheoguy on Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

USER_AVATAR
Nodus
Premium 5
Accountname: Main_Protagonist
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 573 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,069,326
Achievements: 100

Re: Realms, a suggestion for Premium 6

Post by Nodus » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:02 am

So basically you want your own personal world? In the past nide has rented worlds out to people but i think it is a paid month to month thing.

Vsauce
Premium 3
Accountname: BetterOne
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 935 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,393,956
Achievements: 158

Post by Vsauce » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:43 pm

When I play MC, it is either on singleplayer or LAN. I don't like having huge bridges of cobblestone and dirt huts for as far as the eye can see.
Greycliff, skylands, and the aether expands consistently by 128 blocks at a time, if you don't want to see massive builds everywhere go to the greycliff portal at spawn,and use it. It takes you near the fresh land(far away from the center), and if you explore it, you can find some pretty stellar locations
There is also little control when it comes to Craftland, if I want to play on creative, I can't just "/gamemode c" as that would be unfair to everyone.
Some players have their own creative worlds, they often let players make little things in their worlds, but I actually kinda agree here. Its not the point of the game but it would be nice if we got a new creative world that isn't owned by players, but you still need a region to build. And maybe only permit making nice looking buildings above the ground.
So, there would be a new tab in the craftland menu for realms, in there you can see realms you are invited to and (if you are premium 6) your own. If you are premium 6 and you haven't created a realm yet, you have the option to do so. So, a realm is a 5000 by 5000 and a world of your choice (aether, greycliff, etc.) from there you can add people to your realm.
You are new so you may not know, but creative worlds have been a reward to players for certain tasks, like winning a video contest for example. This would make their prize seem worthless. If this ever happened, I think 5,000x5,000 would be far to large, and with the amount of Prem 6 players on the server, it would cause issues
To control your realm go to the realms tab, find your realm and click edit realm. From there you can reset the world, change the seed, install backups, op people, enable pvp, change difficulty and remove people from your realm. No need to worry, only the creator of a realm can reset the realm, install backups or change the seed. You can also disable certain blocks such as tnt, lava, etc. to prevent griefing. Warping to a realm uninvited does not work and creating warps will not be public, and will only be available to invited members.
There would need to be massive cooldowns on changing the seed or resetting the world etc. Installing backups would probably not be within the power range of a non staff player. The rest can be prevented by commands

To summarize, it would be a lot of work and take a lot of server space to make this possible. I bet most players would just play in the main worlds anyways. However, it would be really cool to see and be able to control to that degree. I like your idea, but this happening is probably unlikely. I understand that not even a fraction of the server space gets used, but I think its space better used in other things. If this does ever happen, it should not be awarded for Premium 6

USER_AVATAR
Superheoguy
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 160 hours
Blocks Mined: 49,439
Achievements: 47

Post by Superheoguy » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:30 am

I think 5,000x5,000 would be far to large
You are quite right, 5,000 is very large, I just under estimated how large a world of that size would be, if anything at max it should be 1,000 x 1,000.
creative worlds have been a reward to players for certain tasks, like winning a video contest for example
That has actually played an effect on my suggestion, but another solution is that there could be more of these contests giving players more of a chance to win a world, as from what I know only the 2nd Annual Video Contest had a creative world as a prize.
If this does ever happen, it should not be awarded for Premium 6
I agree here too, the main reason it was for premium 6 is just that the devs are looking for premium 6 suggestions, and out of all of this, it can all be boiled down to that I just want to play craftland on singleplayer, but that would ruin the community.