Upgraded Furnaces

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Vsauce
Premium 3
Accountname: BetterOne
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 935 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,393,956
Achievements: 158

Upgraded Furnaces

Post by Vsauce » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:40 am

Hi,

Today we have furnances that can hold 1 stack.
I think this is a little small amount if, lets say, I should make 20 stacks gold ore's to gold ingots.
I would like a new bigger furnance maybe made out of Iron and Obsidian. This furnance would be able to hold 4 stacks at once and make them to ingots.

Another thing I would like to imply is the effect of potions. Lets say I drink one potion of Night Vision of that last for 8 minutes. If I drink another one, this would just reset the timer back at 8 minutes. I would like them to multiply, so if you drink two potions, you would get 16 minutes - and so on.

What u guys think?
~Stangeby
I think Stangeby was definitely on to something, I didn't want to reply because the topic seemed dead as it was over a month and a half old. I agree with him that we need a furnace that can cook in bulk, the current ones are slow and take up a lot of space when you want to cook in bulk. We already have iron and diamond chests, but instead of iron and diamond upgrades, the upgrades could be: gold, zircon, and spectral

Gold would be the equivalent to the iron chest, an ore that is smelted into ingots, this furnace would cook twice as fast, but burn fuel 4 times as fast, which means coal would smelt 4 items, but twice as fast as a regular furnace

The Zircon would be twice as fast as gold but burn fuel 4 times of that. Meaning coal would smelt 2 items 4 times faster

And finally the Spectral furnace, you would infuse the Zircon furnace with a few other items(maybe a new Blizz Rod) which are hard to obtain. This furnace would have 4 fuel slots, along with 4 smelting slots, and finally an inventory the size of a chest where all the items smelt into. This would be key to smelting all that extra gold. Also another fuel idea would be nether stars, which power every slot and burn very slowly, or maybe even white point stars ect.

The idea here is a better way of smelting late game than filling a massive room with several furnaces.

What do you guys think?

Neo
Premium 5
Accountname: devinhamster
Played: 1,408 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,355,141
Achievements: 164

Re: Upgraded Furnaces

Post by Neo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:19 am

Please yes, I support this.
"Biceps is always with you" -paszaBiceps, Professional CS:GO Player for Virtus.Pro, champions of EMS One Katowice 2014

USER_AVATAR
stangeby
Premium 6
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 503 hours
Blocks Mined: 580,231
Achievements: 137

Post by stangeby » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:20 pm

Thanks for support! I like your idea as well!

Vsauce
Premium 3

Post by Vsauce » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:31 pm

stangeby wrote:Thanks for support! I like your idea as well!
Thank you too, I have always been annoyed with how slow furnaces are late game, I liked your idea a lot :D

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:33 am

BetterOne wrote:
Thank you too, I have always been annoyed with how slow furnaces are late game, I liked your idea a lot :D
In late game you shouldn't be having issues making another furnace, and add a hopper to it with a chest.
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

Vsauce
Premium 3

Post by Vsauce » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:25 am

Dark wrote:
BetterOne wrote:
In late game you shouldn't be having issues making another furnace, and add a hopper to it with a chest.
The idea is compressing the function of 2-3 furnaces into a smaller space, you could make 2 wood chests, but you can put down an iron chest which can be placed side by side more than once. Putting a hopper down won't speed up a furnace. Whenever I got to the mining world I have heaps of gold which I generally toss because I will never have enough time to smelt it.

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:14 pm

so make a boosted furnace with a coal block under it like the aether stuffs? (it's not implemented yet but gives best solution probably)
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:03 pm

Would be nice for a furnace not to be slow af anymore.
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

jetoler
Premium 5
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 667 hours
Blocks Mined: 313,527
Achievements: 91

Post by jetoler » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:40 am

I don't have issues with furnaces really because I use what i call an "industrial furnace" which is where you put hoppers and chests for INPUT, OUTPUT, & FUEL. Anyways, I do think the speed of them should be boosted. But not by placing blocks under it because then my industrial furnace wont work, maybe a second slot where you can put craftable upgrades...

Also, I like the potion effect idea, like drinking 2 8 minute potions to get 16 minutes. But it would be better if staff added a maximum, like, 32 minutes could be the max.
"An eye for an eye ends up making the whole world blind"