Tutorial

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
jetoler
Premium 5
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 667 hours
Blocks Mined: 313,527
Achievements: 91

Tutorial

Post by jetoler » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:31 am

It would be cool if there was a tutorial world for new players, just a long, decorated path somewhere in the spawn world that has signs along the way explaining things. Because right now, spawn has some tutorial signs but they're scattered everywhere. It would be really cool for something like that, and if the admins (or whoever builds craftland) can build our current spawn, I think they could build a path with signs explaining craftland, no coding at all.
"An eye for an eye ends up making the whole world blind"

Vsauce
Premium 3
Accountname: BetterOne
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 935 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,393,956
Achievements: 158

Re: Tutorial

Post by Vsauce » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:25 am

I think this kind of already exists at spawn, and isn't that the point of mentoring, I just feel it wouldn't add too much to what already exists at the cost of server usage. However, because of the amount of content there is on this server, it might be a good addition to the server, simply because mentors don't always explain things out, and blindly tell students what to do. The mini tutorials at spawn are also very general and don't explain things in a linear way. Another thing to mention is the wiki, but even this doesn't get into real detail about progression. On the other hand, I can see this being a lot more fun if the player discovered things along the way on his/her own. IDK just my opinion, my stance on this is nuetral: I don't see it being used, but it would be nice for those who cared. I mean if you really wanted to YOU could make one with a public warp, couldn't you ;)

jetoler
Premium 5

Post by jetoler » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:28 am

BetterOne wrote:I think this kind of already exists at spawn, and isn't that the point of mentoring, I just feel it wouldn't add too much to what already exists at the cost of server usage. However, because of the amount of content there is on this server, it might be a good addition to the server, simply because mentors don't always explain things out, and blindly tell students what to do. The mini tutorials at spawn are also very general and don't explain things in a linear way. Another thing to mention is the wiki, but even this doesn't get into real detail about progression. On the other hand, I can see this being a lot more fun if the player discovered things along the way on his/her own. IDK just my opinion, my stance on this is nuetral: I don't see it being used, but it would be nice for those who cared. I mean if you really wanted to YOU could make one with a public warp, couldn't you ;)
You know what, I will make a little tutorial warp, thx dude.

Vsauce
Premium 3
Accountname: BetterOne
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 935 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,393,956
Achievements: 158

Post by Vsauce » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:00 pm

jetoler wrote:
BetterOne wrote:I think this kind of already exists at spawn, and isn't that the point of mentoring, I just feel it wouldn't add too much to what already exists at the cost of server usage. However, because of the amount of content there is on this server, it might be a good addition to the server, simply because mentors don't always explain things out, and blindly tell students what to do. The mini tutorials at spawn are also very general and don't explain things in a linear way. Another thing to mention is the wiki, but even this doesn't get into real detail about progression. On the other hand, I can see this being a lot more fun if the player discovered things along the way on his/her own. IDK just my opinion, my stance on this is nuetral: I don't see it being used, but it would be nice for those who cared. I mean if you really wanted to YOU could make one with a public warp, couldn't you ;)
Haha NP, when you're finished tell me the warp, I'd be happy to see it :)

jetoler
Premium 5

Post by jetoler » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:04 am

BetterOne wrote:
jetoler wrote:
Haha NP, when you're finished tell me the warp, I'd be happy to see it :)
okay i will