A list of new items would be cool and helpful for raids

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6
Accountname: jaylee8111
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 5,377 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,097,421
Achievements: 231

A list of new items would be cool and helpful for raids

Post by YT_Rivenful » Tue May 03, 2016 5:09 am

- Dark Shards: A life Shard colored black when consumed does the opposite of a life shard which is take away Heart containers which can let someone have 1 Heart. These would be useful for my deal with the devil where players can give up total health for Power.

- Chest Timers: A new option added to chests (Only accessible with creative mode) where you put an item inside the chest and set a timer for it to respawn again with the items. Useful for people looting chests and not having to refill them.

- Chest item randomizers: A new option added to chests (Only accessible with Creative Mode) where you open up a GUI to place in 1-10 or 1-20 items and it will have a set chance to have any of those items inside of it when a player opens it, would work well with the "Chest Timers" I got listed up above it is useful if I want players to get randomized loot.

- Score tracker region setting: A new region flag added to show player's scores and points on the screen. This would be helpful so if I had multiple raids hosted I could Give players different scores and points in each region set for that.

- A Game world command to set potion effects on players: A command I can type in game "/give effect {player} {EffectName}" and "/Gameworld ClearEffects". Would be amazing to give players permanent stats like a potion would give but without the limited time so for example if someone got a stat upgrade they can keep it on them until the raid is over and i removes it.

- /gameworld checkinv {player}: Would be very helpful if I can clear a Singel player inventory and check it to see if they got anything, its too hard currently to invite someone then have to trust they will give everything or get a mod to take everything out for me so i wouldn't clear anyone else inventories.

- /gameworld ShowArmor: This command makes people show their armor, would be really helpful in some situations.

- /gameworld NoDrop: This command will prevent players that are in survival to not drop anything, It is a must need, to fully secure noone is being sneeky in giving items they shouldn't.

- Revival Warp pads: I use revivals in every single one of my raids so i thought, A warp pad that can have players who unlocked a revival altar gets access to it, but with only one use per player and whoever activates the other pad will let someone else join if both players from each side steps onto this pad. Would make bringing people back a bit more Automatic.
Instagram: @Rivenful_Photo, Follow me to see my work.

nidefawl
Premium 6
Last login: 6 months ago
Played: 2,264 hours
Blocks Mined: 98,426
Achievements: 102

Re: A list of new items would be cool and helpful for raids

Post by nidefawl » Tue May 03, 2016 5:37 am

Jay wrote:- Dark Shards: A life Shard colored black when consumed does the opposite of a life shard which is take away Heart containers which can let someone have 1 Heart. These would be useful for my deal with the devil where players can give up total health for Power.
Will add
Jay wrote: - Chest Timers: A new option added to chests (Only accessible with creative mode) where you put an item inside the chest and set a timer for it to respawn again with the items. Useful for people looting chests and not having to refill them.
Good idea, sounds quick and easy
Jay wrote: - Chest item randomizers: A new option added to chests (Only accessible with Creative Mode) where you open up a GUI to place in 1-10 or 1-20 items and it will have a set chance to have any of those items inside of it when a player opens it, would work well with the "Chest Timers" I got listed up above it is useful if I want players to get randomized loot.
That also sounds good, I would try making a really basic version first.
Jay wrote: - Score tracker region setting: A new region flag added to show player's scores and points on the screen. This would be helpful so if I had multiple raids hosted I could Give players different scores and points in each region set for that.
It sounds nice. Making a system for the scoreboard would be really time consuming. And it could possible turn out to not be very useful.

I think this must be a per world and player score. Otherwise It will be too complicated to be useful.
/game score define type1 ScorePointsName <- defines a scoretype, fixed per player and world
/game score type1 player set 10 <- adjusts the scoretype
For showing a the scoreboard per region automatically we would need an editor for the scoreboard.
Something where you define several templates (also per world). Then, in each region you can select what scoreboard template you have active.
I'm pretty sure, no matter what I add, I will spend days of work on it and then it will be too complicated to setup and barely anyone is using it :/
Jay wrote: - A Game world command to set potion effects on players: A command I can type in game "/give effect {player} {EffectName}" and "/Gameworld ClearEffects". Would be amazing to give players permanent stats like a potion would give but without the limited time so for example if someone got a stat upgrade they can keep it on them until the raid is over and i removes it.
That sounds easy and useful. I just need to adapt the admin command
Jay wrote: - /gameworld checkinv {player}: Would be very helpful if I can clear a Singel player inventory and check it to see if they got anything, its too hard currently to invite someone then have to trust they will give everything or get a mod to take everything out for me so i wouldn't clear anyone else inventories.
We already have that for survival, I guess adapting it will be easy.
Jay wrote: - /gameworld ShowArmor: This command makes people show their armor, would be really helpful in some situations.
A per world setting? Or a region setting?
I think regions would be better.
It should not be per player.
Jay wrote: - /gameworld NoDrop: This command will prevent players that are in survival to not drop anything, It is a must need, to fully secure noone is being sneeky in giving items they shouldn't.
Is a world setting good enough?
Keep in mind this would still allow chest transactions. Preventing all player-to-player items transactions could be impossible. But I will try
Jay wrote: - Revival Warp pads: I use revivals in every single one of my raids so i thought, A warp pad that can have players who unlocked a revival altar gets access to it, but with only one use per player and whoever activates the other pad will let someone else join if both players from each side steps onto this pad. Would make bringing people back a bit more Automatic.
How about a revive item?
If you have it on your inventory it will show a button "revive" and it will be consumed, if you press it you respawn at the location you died. Or at the regions spawn locations (Requires the spawn-loc flag to be set on the region)
ImageImageImage

USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6
Accountname: jaylee8111
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 5,377 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,097,421
Achievements: 231

Re: A list of new items would be cool and helpful for raids

Post by YT_Rivenful » Tue May 03, 2016 5:49 am

Note: Adding a reach enchantment which will give +1 block reach per level.

Nide: "How about a revive item?
If you have it on your inventory it will show a button "revive" and it will be consumed, if you press it you respawn at the location you died. Or at the regions spawn locations (Requires the spawn-loc flag to be set on the region)"

Okay it all sounds good, but i wouldnt want them to respawn anywhere, Maybe some way to have that item set to certain revival altars players made it to previous runs.
Instagram: @Rivenful_Photo, Follow me to see my work.