Favoriting Items

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Vsauce
Premium 3
Accountname: BetterOne
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 935 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,393,956
Achievements: 158

Favoriting Items

Post by Vsauce » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:07 am

So we all have the fear of accidentally throwing our valkyrie sword into fire/lava/cactus and losing it forever? Here is what I think we could do to fix that.
You open your inventory and hold alt whilst clicking on an item that you want to favorite.
Favoriting an item prevents a player from removing the item from their inventory by pressing Q.
Its a small feature that would make our precious items safer so I'm not sure that there would be that much coding, but I think it would be worth it.
And before you say "Well players should be more careful" keep in mind that it does happen to even the most careful people sometimes and think about all of the work staff would save(by not having to help players recover items) and less players complaining about lost items

Also: Favorited items would be highlighted and easier to keep track of, another cool thing would be a chest highlight to find your favorited items exactly like the shopchest thing(where it highlights the chest in a red border which can be seen through walls) noone would lose anything

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 27 days ago
Played: 4,297 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Re: Favoriting Items

Post by nickmcski » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:18 am

BetterOne wrote:So we all have the fear of accidentally throwing our valkyrie sword into fire/lava/cactus and losing it forever? Here is what I think we could do to fix that.
You open your inventory and hold alt whilst clicking on an item that you want to favorite.
Favoriting an item prevents a player from removing the item from their inventory by pressing Q.
Its a small feature that would make our precious items safer so I'm not sure that there would be that much coding, but I think it would be worth it.
And before you say "Well players should be more careful" keep in mind that it does happen to even the most careful people sometimes and think about all of the work staff would save(by not having to help players recover items) and less players complaining about lost items

Also: Favorited items would be highlighted and easier to keep track of, another cool thing would be a chest highlight to find your favorited items exactly like the shopchest thing(where it highlights the chest in a red border which can be seen through walls) noone would lose anything
We have a system to protect some valuable items for burning/being destroyed (Don't test it, you wont get your items back if they were destroyed for some reason). But we do have safe guards in place to prevent some of this. We just dont want players get to reckless with there items claim that "This item was Favorited, I demand a refund."

I can try and add a system for this so it will be easier to spot items in your inventory, I just don't that this to be another reason for players to complain about losing items. (Just rebind your drop key to Numpad- , then you wont drop items on accident)
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

USER_AVATAR
stangeby
Premium 6
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 503 hours
Blocks Mined: 580,231
Achievements: 137

Re: Favoriting Items

Post by stangeby » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:28 pm

I like this favorite item idea. It would be preventing more accidentally throws in lava, but not all of course.