Ocelot Boss

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
TheLegendJet
Banned
Premium 6
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 5,065 hours
Blocks Mined: 18,655,974
Achievements: 233

Ocelot Boss

Post by TheLegendJet » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:15 pm

Who doesn't have experienced this. There is "Player X" in 1st Place and "Player Y" trying to Ketchup to him.
Not possible, why? Because Player Y is being the Guy killing the Kittens and Player X just nonstop critjumping on the Boss, making it impossible to Ketchup with the Kittens being too small to hit and not every click will be a hit.

Now, how to fix this issue? Give higher Damage on small Kittens? No. That'd be just stupid, bc then 1st Place could just shoot them and get even higher.

How about a overall rework on it. Either:
1. People who kill a lot of Kittens get a Strength Bonus (The more you kill them, the higher the strength is)

orr... the Idea that I had in mind after that:

The Ocelot Boss gets somewhat invincible during the Kittens being alive / or Damage you DEAL to it will get removed from your Score. How does that sound? Until Kittens are alive, it'll be Bad to attack the Ocelot.
In general it's just not fair for all the People who kill the Kittens to not get anything.
I'm not speaking for myself, I mean I wanna win stuff too, but there's a lot of Players that just Deal nonstop Damage on the Boss without caring for anything else and sometimes even complaining that the Kittens have to be killed...

Anyways, if you got any Suggestions then tell me, this was just my Basic ideas, maybe this can be thought through even more.

USER_AVATAR
Build
Premium 6
Accountname: build_to_the_top
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 2,408 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,021,914
Achievements: 175

Re: Ocelot Boss

Post by Build » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:35 pm

i agree that the ocelot boss is unfair considering the point you pointed out.
I dont like your solution that much . (i love the basic idea, punish pple that hit the ocelot while kittens are there). what i dont like is that it its not intuitive as a new player to get how this works. I mean there must be some explanation of the rules when the boss starts that you can get negative points when hitting the boss while kittens are there.
what you think about this?
1) what if you dont get points while 2/4 kittens are there. (damage immun as snowmen)
2) or what if kitten kills will increase your total damage points. (like 1 kitten killed nothing happens. 2 kittens killed / points= 1.1 * total points etc. Ignore the scaling it was an example. It should be done such that the Payer Y in Jets example will catch up due to the kills of the kittens due to the multiplicator. This idea is very close to your strenght suggestion

TheLegendJet
Banned
Premium 6
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 5,065 hours
Blocks Mined: 18,655,974
Achievements: 233

Post by TheLegendJet » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:44 pm

Build wrote:i agree that the ocelot boss is unfair considering the point you pointed out.
I dont like your solution that much . (i love the basic idea, punish pple that hit the ocelot while kittens are there). what i dont like is that it its not intuitive as a new player to get how this works. I mean there must be some explanation of the rules when the boss starts that you can get negative points when hitting the boss while kittens are there.
what you think about this?
1) what if you dont get points while 2/4 kittens are there. (damage immun as snowmen)
2) or what if kitten kills will increase your total damage points. (like 1 kitten killed nothing happens. 2 kittens killed / points= 1.1 * total points etc. Ignore the scaling it was an example. It should be done such that the Payer Y in Jets example will catch up due to the kills of the kittens due to the multiplicator. This idea is very close to your strenght suggestion

I understand, I forgot about People not knowing how the Boss works...

To 1) Yes, completely agree.

To 2) I think the Damage scaling should work like this, maybe with a cooldown, so if you kill one Kitten and 2 Others get killed that Bonus will be gone, you have to kill 2 with maximum of 1 Kitten Kill Break inbetween to keep it, I would say.

That'd fix that issue.

USER_AVATAR
Build
Premium 6
Accountname: build_to_the_top
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 2,408 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,021,914
Achievements: 175

Post by Build » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:46 pm

nice idea about the cap. i like it that will even work when a lot of people are there.

USER_AVATAR
MrFluffy
Premium 6
Accountname: RenatusRoho
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 660 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,424,315
Achievements: 120

Post by MrFluffy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:45 pm

I would love the idea of the change of the Ocelot boss. indeed a lot of players never hit the kittens, so other people need to do all the 'dirty work'. the rework with the scaling dmg would be best in my opinion including the 'snowman immunity part'.