Goldrush Problems/Suggestions...? (idk where to put it)

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
Cake
Premium 6
Accountname: CakeLyfe
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 713 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,484,186
Achievements: 135

Goldrush Problems/Suggestions...? (idk where to put it)

Post by Cake » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:05 am

The goldrush needs at least 20 ppl on for it to randomly start... It's pretty easy for the ppl in the US or Germany, pretty much where most of the players live... But what about the ppl in places like Asia? Like we play too, but because of the time zones, we almost never get to participate in the goldrush, so we don't win much because we can't play goldrush, and miss out on perfect dias and cash. What I suggest is maybe reduce the 20 ppl limit, or just remove the limit, and have it start randomly, so other people can actually get stuff too! Also, maybe there can be this /vote goldrush thingy where if a certain percentage of the amount of ppl in the server vote for goldrush, it happens.

Another problem that I see is that most of the time, the same ppl win the goldrush! They are mostly ppl who were here before the op enchanted books villager trade was removed, or the enchanting spectral tools thingy. This is stupid because then, these ppl will keep winning goldrush, and as a result, get more items, and begin to win the goldrush more and more, giving no one else a chance. What I suggest is that your inventory will be cleared when you go to the mining world while goldrush is happening, and everyone will have the same items, like a spectral pick, diamond shovel and axe, and full diamond armor (kind of like an automatic /kit). Then, when it is not goldrush, you can go in and out of the mining world with your op items, as there is no competition at that time. Maybe have them put the ores in an enderchest so they can get it back in the normal world, or just when they come back, the tools and armor are removed, but you keep the ores.

And remember... Cake is love, Cake is life :3

Odd
Premium 5
Accountname: TheOddTruth
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 977 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,818,852
Achievements: 131

Re: Goldrush Problems/Suggestions...? (idk where to put it)

Post by Odd » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:26 am

I second this. I've been saying this for quite awhile. While I have no problem with the fact that Frost, A_Land_Whale, and Jet are almost assured to win during the times they are on, they are usually here during the hours of the most activity. As such, while there is the potential for gold rush to start. I personally don't see the harm in reducing or eliminating the player limit for gold rush to start unless there is something that is an unforeseen benefit to leaving this system in place exactly the way it is. This is something I feel should be put into motion.

As far as the details of the second paragraph, I do not totally agree with it considering many people strive to have the best gear/tools for the sake of winning events such as gold rush. If, in fact, individuals have items that are no longer obtainable, such as an efficiency X spectral pickaxe, then I will say that there is certainly an imbalance and something should be discussed that could potentially alleviate the lack of balance. I have seen many players that have become discouraged to the point of not wanting to participate in the gold rush at all due to the "potential" of this idea. Once again, I would like to emphasize that I am not accusing anyone of having items that are no longer obtainable and using them during gold rush, but if there is any likelihood of this, then I would suggest some resolution to potential lack of balance.

+1
Last edited by Odd on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

USER_AVATAR
MrFluffy
Premium 6
Accountname: RenatusRoho
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 660 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,424,315
Achievements: 120

Post by MrFluffy » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:29 am

first of all I think its a good idea to get the 'random start' possible to start when a lower amount of people are online.
second I dont think that the 'vote thingy' you mentioned will happen, because its a random event.

I agree with you on the fact that there are a few players that keep winning, but you can win too. They earned those OP items and they have been playing for a long time. Earning something means you can use it. You worked hard for it, so why take that from them in a goldrush?
I dont have OP stuff and I won the goldrush several times, even when those few players you mentioned where online.

So I don't think its fair and I don't think it would be a good idea to get the '/kit thingy' you mentioned into the miningworld.
Odd wrote:As far as the details of the second paragraph, I do not totally agree with it considering many people strive to have the best gear/tools for the sake of winning events such as gold rush. If, in fact, individuals have items that are no longer obtainable, such as an efficiency X spectral pickaxe, then I will say that there is certainly an imbalance and something should be discussed that could potentially alleviate the lack of balance. I have seen many players that have become discouraged to the point of not wanting to participate in the gold rush at all due to the "potential" of this idea. Once again, I would like to emphasize that I am not accusing anyone of having items that are no longer obtainable and using them during gold rush, but if there is any likelihood of this, then I would suggest some resolution to potential lack of balance.
I totally agree with this ^^

oh.. and.. I do like cake, but not the digital kind xD

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:00 pm

Lol this just seems dumb and will make perfect diamonds too easy to be obtained and would take the fun away from land whale winning goldrush.
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

TheLegendJet
Banned
Premium 6
Played: 5,065 hours
Blocks Mined: 18,655,974
Achievements: 233

Post by TheLegendJet » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:25 pm

It's not possible for Whale, Frost and I to be there for every Goldrush, we have a Life too, you know? Even though we kinda do a lot of them, we need to sleep and work like every Human being.

About the whole Rebalancing thing... we just need the Villagers fixed: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5938" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and then this won't be a Problem anymore. Some Players may have some Tools that seem Op, but it's nothing similiar to the Op Villagers from Esto, Term, Kye, Build and so on.
They get millions of money without much effort. People with the Tools actually have to work to get the Win in Goldrush. I know that many People don't even try, but isn't that part of the Progress you made over time? If you play a Day and you already are able to win arena and goldrush in 1st place, then... it'll not take long for you to quit if you have every Item you ever wanted. You need to get up to the best of the best in order to win imo.

If you have a minute though, please read the Villager fix topic, it really isn't the best thing on the world, making it almost impossible for every new Player to get any Op Books or Spectral Trades.

Besides that, I don't like removing the Player limit, what if, like sometimes.. I'd be the only one on the Server and Goldrush starts? I wouldn't have any competition, so it still should have some kind of Player amount needed. The timeframe alone only just seems like easy money when nobody is active.

USER_AVATAR
A_Land_Whale
Premium 6
Played: 2,706 hours
Blocks Mined: 26,079,358
Achievements: 207

Post by A_Land_Whale » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:30 am

Africa wrote:Lol this just seems dumb and will make perfect diamonds too easy to be obtained and would take the fun away from land whale winning goldrush.
<3
Let's Make Craftland Great Again!

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:26 am

Jet wrote:It's not possible for Whale, Frost and I to be there for every Goldrush, we have a Life too, you know? Even though we kinda do a lot of them, we need to sleep and work like every Human being.
Don't even go there. Even when you guys aren't on you guys are on IRC, watching for a goldrush. In my last 100 hours of playing I've been in 4 goldrushes that you, Whale, or Frost weren't in.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

USER_AVATAR
A_Land_Whale
Premium 6
Played: 2,706 hours
Blocks Mined: 26,079,358
Achievements: 207

Post by A_Land_Whale » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:03 am

Ive been banned from irc for months ;-; well the last time i checked was months ago and i was banned at the time XD. If im waiting for goldrush i do it the old fashioned way, sitting there afk and checking every 20 mins or so.
Let's Make Craftland Great Again!

Odd
Premium 5
Accountname: TheOddTruth
Played: 977 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,818,852
Achievements: 131

Post by Odd » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:38 am

Africa wrote:Lol this just seems dumb and will make perfect diamonds too easy to be obtained and would take the fun away from land whale winning goldrush.
I don't quite see how this would make perfect diamonds too easy to obtain. Granted, with gold rush starting more often with a reduced player limit there will be a few more perfect diamonds in circulation, but at least the perfect diamonds would be circulated more evenly throughout the player base rather than to a few select players for the most part. The highest tier players will still get to split at least half of them between each other considering that at least 12 hours or so or more per day at least one of these guys are here. I believe that a small increase in circulation is a small price to pay for more players from different time zones and schedules having an opportunity to win the gold rush. In my opinion, this idea will increase the morale of the overall player base and will likely create an increase of the populace of the community. I think halving the limit to 10 players or perhaps even lowering it to 5 to have gold rush start is not very much to ask and will have a clear positive impact on the server as a whole.

Personally, I have worked my butt off for many months to have the opportunity to even make a dent in gold rush. In the past I have went in with my efficiency V spectral pickaxe, peach juice and zanite rings and I can barely get 1/2 the scores that Jet, Whale, Frost and a few others are capable of getting regardless of if I pre-mine or not.. I have since given up because I don't know of any other way to mine faster.. I'm sure there are a lot of other players that feel the same way. If someone can explain how hitting this acknowledged advancement barrier that only a few select players have been able to pass (and is now an apparent impossibility) is a positive thing for the server then I'd certainly like to know what the benefit is.

Lastly, if the "real" problem here is the fact that villagers are broken then either fix them, or discover another way that all players have an equal opportunity experience in Craftland.

TheLegendJet
Banned
Premium 6
Played: 5,065 hours
Blocks Mined: 18,655,974
Achievements: 233

Post by TheLegendJet » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:11 am

Odd wrote:
I don't quite see how this would make perfect diamonds too easy to obtain. Granted, with gold rush starting more often with a reduced player limit there will be a few more perfect diamonds in circulation, but at least the perfect diamonds would be circulated more evenly throughout the player base rather than to a few select players for the most part. The highest tier players will still get to split at least half of them between each other considering that at least 12 hours or so or more per day at least one of these guys are here. I believe that a small increase in circulation is a small price to pay for more players from different time zones and schedules having an opportunity to win the gold rush. In my opinion, this idea will increase the morale of the overall player base and will likely create an increase of the populace of the community. I think halving the limit to 10 players or perhaps even lowering it to 5 to have gold rush start is not very much to ask and will have a clear positive impact on the server as a whole.

Personally, I have worked my butt off for many months to have the opportunity to even make a dent in gold rush. In the past I have went in with my efficiency V spectral pickaxe, peach juice and zanite rings and I can barely get 1/2 the scores that Jet, Whale, Frost and a few others are capable of getting regardless of if I pre-mine or not.. I have since given up because I don't know of any other way to mine faster.. I'm sure there are a lot of other players that feel the same way. If someone can explain how hitting this acknowledged advancement barrier that only a few select players have been able to pass (and is now an apparent impossibility) is a positive thing for the server then I'd certainly like to know what the benefit is.

Lastly, if the "real" problem here is the fact that villagers are broken then either fix them, or discover another way that all players have an equal opportunity experience in Craftland.
It's all about mining without stopping, I have a Mouse that lets me empty my inventory with one click, so I can pickup more stuff, saving a lot of time with picking up all the Ores. Besides that Ping is a big factor. Even I can't win with a Ping of 500 ms. And lastly.... you have to Premine, and not just 300 points. I'm talking about the Big Premines. I sometimes spend 40 minutes Premining to have 600 Points there.
Zanite Haste 2 and Efficiency V Spectral is the fastest way of Mining, you can't go faster, no matter what you try. It instabreaks the Stone, everyone literally has the same Chance of winning. I'm just getting lucky when Mining sometimes too. While mining to my Premine I find a lot of Ores. Sometimes there's Onyx + Diamond + Zircon + Gold, every Ore being like 2 Blocks away from eachother. It really is easy to get 1st Place when something like this happens.

Seriously though. Do you think changing the Player cap would help? There's a few Other Players that use the Effi V spectral and... guess what. They won't back down on winning either, I'm pretty sure about that. It'll be more People to win, but probably always the same. Something I heard yesterday. A funny fact. "Goldrush has ended." ... Nothing more. Nobody even looked into the mining World, assuming Frost Whale or I win. That's hilarious. Maybe add a Message saying: "Nobody has taken the Lead...yet" or something