Villager trading

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Frost
Premium 6
Accountname: Frostring_
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 4,316 hours
Blocks Mined: 13,688,749
Achievements: 271

Villager trading

Post by Frost » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:29 pm

Let's be honest here, the new villager trading system seemed to be a great idea but in reality it's absolutely horrible. The new system was implemented to gain uses for crops, fish, new ores and whatnot, and make it possible to enchant spectral tools. But I think mainly to give newer players a chance to get OP book trades, and stop the people who did have OP book villagers from years ago having an endless supply of them.
I don't think this worked out very well, since the very day the new system was introduced I have not heard of anyone getting an OP book trade, not even blast protection V... :headbang:

Now I joined craftland about a year ago and the names who sell the highest enchants did not change at all over that year, here is some of them as of today:
http://prntscr.com/9od7q8
http://prntscr.com/9odbq2
http://prntscr.com/9od8ty
http://prntscr.com/9od900
http://prntscr.com/9odced

Personally I also dislike the way the new trading works, its all about clicking a button now instead of having to actually farm materials to make books, written books, paper and a few other things to actually trade them up. trading with villagers (dumb as it sounds) actually used to be a therapeutic activity for me, right now it only causes frostration.

TL;DR:
Having the old villager trading back is probably asking too much, so please, fix the current villagers OP book trades

TheLegendJet
Banned
Premium 6
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 5,065 hours
Blocks Mined: 18,655,974
Achievements: 233

Re: Villager trading

Post by TheLegendJet » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:16 pm

Frost wrote:Let's be honest here, the new villager trading system seemed to be a great idea but in reality it's absolutely horrible. The new system was implemented to gain uses for crops, fish, new ores and whatnot, and make it possible to enchant spectral tools. But I think mainly to give newer players a chance to get OP book trades, and stop the people who did have OP book villagers from years ago having an endless supply of them.
I don't think this worked out very well, since the very day the new system was introduced I have not heard of anyone getting an OP book trade, not even blast protection V... :headbang:

Now I joined craftland about a year ago and the names who sell the highest enchants did not change at all over that year, here is some of them as of today:
http://prntscr.com/9od7q8
http://prntscr.com/9odbq2
http://prntscr.com/9od8ty
http://prntscr.com/9od900
http://prntscr.com/9odced

Personally I also dislike the way the new trading works, its all about clicking a button now instead of having to actually farm materials to make books, written books, paper and a few other things to actually trade them up. trading with villagers (dumb as it sounds) actually used to be a therapeutic activity for me, right now it only causes frostration.

TL;DR:
Having the old villager trading back is probably asking too much, so please, fix the current villagers OP book trades
I've spend a lot of Coins and Xp without gaining a Single Op Book Trade. Then it was said it was bugged and Fixed. I spend another 5k of Experience Levels and got a Smite VI out of it. Then some People complained they were to common (in the same Day of it being fixed) and it was "Fixed" once more, since then spending endless amount of Money and Xp didn't seem to be worth it, even Spectral Trades don't even appear anymore. I haven't even seen a SINGLE Book enchant that is higher than Vanilla Level... .

The old Villager Trading System was amazing... made me spend Weeks grinding for Money to afford Xp Bottles, buying Spawners, cooperate with People, invent good Designs on how to sort out Villagers, I found it relaxing to just trade a hell lot of chicken, even though it wasn't worth the time, I did that... took like 10 hours a Day to get a decent amount, but I wanted new... good villagers. I only got an Unbreaking V, that isn't possible to use with the other "Fix" that came with the new Villager system...
The People with the Op Books make endless amounts of Money and new People won't get those Books for sure, when even old Players don't get them. I would love to see a Video or Livestream on the actual Server from a Staff Member where it's clear that you can get Op Book trades and how long it'll take in average. The old Emerald Trading system with villagers, like it always has been was the best. It took effort to get all the materials... now it's just Clicking 10 times to unlock all trades, if there's a good one in it, trade once or twice, if not, kill the Villager aka. wasting money.

I don't know if the Op Books are still Bugged even after fixing or just takes a ridiculous amount of Money / Xp to get, but please change something there. This can't continue as it is now.
A whole lot of People quit, because they couldn't get any enchants above vanilla level, it makes craftland less interesting with everything being nerfed too much, in my opinion.

USER_AVATAR
Build
Premium 6
Accountname: build_to_the_top
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 2,408 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,021,914
Achievements: 175

Post by Build » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:06 pm

I agree with frost that the new trading system has a great basic idea. For me its absolutely fine that you need the new crops for trading. BUT please remove some trades. there are just too many possible trades. I am premium 6, hence, having the biggest possible inventar for players. However, trading is a pain in the ass as there are just too many trades. getting emerald and enchanted tools wont help not overloading your inventory. As frost said trading was really something relaxed and therapeutic now it do it for 10 min and i stop due to lack of motivation. Its not the enjoable waste of time it has been :P

I suggest. take some trades out. as melon seeds, or cocoa beans or bone or bone meal or redstone or slime. such trades for instance. Having 5-10 less possible trades would maybe make it more convinient again. If you dont believe me i can make a screen with all the things you need in my inventory and you will see what i mean. (you need for instance more than one stack redstone on you as they want generally 5*15 redstone)

One more thing. I think its kind of unbalanced how many fishes compared to how many crops you need. Crops you get them once and can harvest them for ever. Fishes you need to catch which is very time intensive and kind of boring to be honest.

EDIT: If i woud be a new player, the system could incentivize myself to get all the new crops but it could also crush me as its just too many things to do first before you can trade and that could make me leave. Idk how other players think about that.

USER_AVATAR
stangeby
Premium 6
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 503 hours
Blocks Mined: 580,231
Achievements: 137

Post by stangeby » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:30 pm

I am agree with all three of you. I liked the villagertradingsystem way better before. Now villagers have become useless and just a bunch of work

TheLegendJet
Banned
Premium 6

Post by TheLegendJet » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:24 pm

stangeby wrote:I am agree with all three of you. I liked the villagertradingsystem way better before. Now villagers have become useless and just a bunch of work
Useless post, system is as good as it is, expensive, but rewarding. And Works.
This topic should probably be closed, since it's outdated.

Crazy
Premium 4
Accountname: Xcrazy_zombiesX
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 954 hours
Blocks Mined: 789,688
Achievements: 162

Post by Crazy » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:40 am

Jet wrote:
stangeby wrote:I am agree with all three of you. I liked the villagertradingsystem way better before. Now villagers have become useless and just a bunch of work
Useless post, system is as good as it is, expensive, but rewarding. And Works.
This topic should probably be closed, since it's outdated.
Topic doesn't need to be locked to die, all we gotta do is stop posting in it so it dies with the other ideas that have or haven't been implemented.

USER_AVATAR
Build
Premium 6

Post by Build » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:53 pm

i would just wish the amount of trades would be reduced. i think each premium 6 player can agree with me that it is no fun trading if your premiuim 6 inventory is too small :P

TheLegendJet
Banned
Premium 6

Post by TheLegendJet » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:51 pm

Build wrote:i would just wish the amount of trades would be reduced. i think each premium 6 player can agree with me that it is no fun trading if your premiuim 6 inventory is too small :P
You actually TRADE? xD I'm spending tons of money and xp on it haha

USER_AVATAR
Build
Premium 6

Post by Build » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:58 am

haha yeah im actually trading. if you take one stack of each item they trade in your inventory, it is already pretty full. + onyx that you need and its full. And after one villager you would need to restock your inventory. :P

TheLegendJet
Banned
Premium 6

Post by TheLegendJet » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:15 pm

Build wrote:haha yeah im actually trading. if you take one stack of each item they trade in your inventory, it is already pretty full. + onyx that you need and its full. And after one villager you would need to restock your inventory. :P
A way to fix that would either be more trades where you gotta spend emeralds instead of gaining, but if that'd make it easier or less annoying, I doubt that.