Random Events

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Vsauce
Premium 3
Accountname: BetterOne
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 935 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,393,956
Achievements: 158

Random Events

Post by Vsauce » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:43 pm

I was playing terraria earlier, when a blood moon rose, and it made me think "What if craftland had this?." Craftland already has events like Gold Rush and monsterhunt, or you could even say bosses are an event.

Some events that Terraria has are:
- Blood Moons: Higher spawn rates, new monsters
- Solar Eclipse: Like a blood moon, but during the day(harder and more rare than a blood moon)
- Invasions: Unique mobs begin to spawn around players until a certain amount are killed
- Slime rain: Slimes begin to fall from the sky until a certain amount is killed, then a boss slime spawns
- Meteor landing: A meteor crashes into the surface which contains and ore that is mine-able(if added could have similar strength to valkyrie) but "meteor heads" spawn around it frequently, making it challenging to mine

I think events like these would work perfectly in craftland, some events only occurring in certain worlds. There could also be messages like "A solar eclipse is happening!" or "The blood moon rises..." to indicate when one is happening. From these events listed, this is how they could be interpreted into craftland:
- Blood Moon: Can happen in New World or Old World, increased spawn rates on undead creatures and the moon turns red(Maybe add new mobs) Has a 5% chance of happening each day when the moon rises
- Solar Eclipse: Can happen in Greycliff, lowers spawn rates of normal mobs and allows spawning of harder creatures(with cool drops) Has a 2% Chance of happening each day when the sun rises
- Invasions: Can happen in any overworld(Depending on invasion type), replaces all spawns with the army which is invading. Has a different percent chance of happening when the sun rises(depending on which army invades). Like bosses, there could be a sidebar which records "Most kills" until the total kills reaches a certain number which causes the mobs to stop spawning(although existing mobs can still be killed for no additional points)
- Slime rain: Can happen in any overworld, Swets, slimes, and magma cubes begin spawning extremely frequently similar to invasions
- Meteor Crash: Spawns a meteor somewhere in greycliff, this wouldn't be announced in chat, but would land within 300 blocks(radius) of a player, can be mined with a strong enough pick(Spectral, or perfect diamond), can be used to craft meteor armor, weapons, and tools. I think this would be a great way to add new ores into the game without resetting a world or depending on the mining world. A meteor has a slim chance of spawning at midnight every night(lower than 1% making the meteor rare) and can crash in a variety of sizes

Also keep in mind that we are getting a new world, maybe some of these events could be included in it instead of the current worlds. This would be a really cool idea. Do you think some event ideas should be removed or you want to add your own idea? Let me know what you think :D

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 632 hours
Blocks Mined: 924,206
Achievements: 197

Re: Random Events

Post by Diesel » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:24 am

BetterOne wrote:I was playing terraria earlier, when a blood moon rose, and it made me think "What if craftland had this?." Craftland already has events like Gold Rush and monsterhunt, or you could even say bosses are an event.

Some events that Terraria has are:
- Blood Moons: Higher spawn rates, new monsters
- Solar Eclipse: Like a blood moon, but during the day(harder and more rare than a blood moon)
- Invasions: Unique mobs begin to spawn around players until a certain amount are killed
- Slime rain: Slimes begin to fall from the sky until a certain amount is killed, then a boss slime spawns
- Meteor landing: A meteor crashes into the surface which contains and ore that is mine-able(if added could have similar strength to valkyrie) but "meteor heads" spawn around it frequently, making it challenging to mine

I think events like these would work perfectly in craftland, some events only occurring in certain worlds. There could also be messages like "A solar eclipse is happening!" or "The blood moon rises..." to indicate when one is happening. From these events listed, this is how they could be interpreted into craftland:
- Blood Moon: Can happen in New World or Old World, increased spawn rates on undead creatures and the moon turns red(Maybe add new mobs) Has a 5% chance of happening each day when the moon rises
- Solar Eclipse: Can happen in Greycliff, lowers spawn rates of normal mobs and allows spawning of harder creatures(with cool drops) Has a 2% Chance of happening each day when the sun rises
- Invasions: Can happen in any overworld(Depending on invasion type), replaces all spawns with the army which is invading. Has a different percent chance of happening when the sun rises(depending on which army invades). Like bosses, there could be a sidebar which records "Most kills" until the total kills reaches a certain number which causes the mobs to stop spawning(although existing mobs can still be killed for no additional points)
- Slime rain: Can happen in any overworld, Swets, slimes, and magma cubes begin spawning extremely frequently similar to invasions
- Meteor Crash: Spawns a meteor somewhere in greycliff, this wouldn't be announced in chat, but would land within 300 blocks(radius) of a player, can be mined with a strong enough pick(Spectral, or perfect diamond), can be used to craft meteor armor, weapons, and tools. I think this would be a great way to add new ores into the game without resetting a world or depending on the mining world. A meteor has a slim chance of spawning at midnight every night(lower than 1% making the meteor rare) and can crash in a variety of sizes

Also keep in mind that we are getting a new world, maybe some of these events could be included in it instead of the current worlds. This would be a really cool idea. Do you think some event ideas should be removed or you want to add your own idea? Let me know what you think :D

I Really like thus :D Hut there some Things thought a bit about. ..

Meteror Armor should be because of its rare chance of being found very strong. ...is that good? ?

Meteors:can they destroy regions?

Invasion: could be pretty annoying

BUT I REALLY LIKE BLOODMOON HEHE sp00ky >:)

USER_AVATAR
MrFluffy
Premium 6
Accountname: RenatusRoho
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 660 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,424,315
Achievements: 120

Post by MrFluffy » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:52 am

So basically turn turn the game into a complete different game.. You know how much coding would be involved with this?
Although I like some of them, Im pretty sure this will never happen..

USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6
Accountname: jaylee8111
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 5,377 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,097,421
Achievements: 231

Post by YT_Rivenful » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:15 pm

Its a good suggestion loves all of it, but lots of things are already being worked on and it would take quite awhile till they would have time for anything else, this might be easy or hard to code but would be worth things like this is fun
Instagram: @Rivenful_Photo, Follow me to see my work.

Hampton
Premium 5
Accountname: herohamp
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 786 hours
Blocks Mined: 137,298
Achievements: 113

Post by Hampton » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:35 pm

I think they should add all but could only easily add bloodmoon

Vsauce
Premium 3

Post by Vsauce » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:23 pm

MrFluffy wrote:So basically turn turn the game into a complete different game.. You know how much coding would be involved with this?
Although I like some of them, Im pretty sure this will never happen..
Isn't that the point of modding? Anyway it's not like we don't have things like this already (gold rush and monster hunt) so it wouldn't be changing that much. I do agree that some things wouldn't fit in but these were supposed to be examples, directly taken from terraria. I think that some of these, or something like them could work, like the blood moon and solar eclipse.

Hampton
Premium 5
Accountname: herohamp
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 786 hours
Blocks Mined: 137,298
Achievements: 113

Post by Hampton » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:01 am

Just make that way when it is night a RNG does a thing and if it gets a number turn up the spawn rates for that night

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:20 am

A few of these ideas where already being talked about as new world features, and will probably be worked on for that.

Vsauce
Premium 3

Post by Vsauce » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:25 am

pig001 wrote:A few of these ideas where already being talked about as new world features, and will probably be worked on for that.
I'm even more excited for the new world now :D

If events do happen, the rewards should be high, as the difficulty of the game temporarily increases.