Idea to even out Goldrush

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
Gluttony
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: austinwhite3132
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 2,312 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,911,037
Achievements: 164

Idea to even out Goldrush

Post by Gluttony » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:51 pm

to prevent people with OP tools from winning everytime and premining we could make a new world similar to the mining world but can only be accessed during goldrush, when a goldrush starts you can tp to the world and will spawn at the goldrush world spawn with nothing but a high unbreaking diamond pick and you would have to mine with no efficiency or haste ect. and you will have to dig for your ores just like you do in goldrush now, this will help equal out the entire goldrush event and will actually give less op players a chance at winning goldrush. Please leave any comments about this idea below and help this possibly become a thing!

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 632 hours
Blocks Mined: 924,206
Achievements: 197

Re: Idea to even out Goldrush

Post by Diesel » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:56 am

Gluttony wrote:to prevent people with OP tools from winning everytime and premining we could make a new world similar to the mining world but can only be accessed during goldrush, when a goldrush starts you can tp to the world and will spawn at the goldrush world spawn with nothing but a high unbreaking diamond pick and you would have to mine with no efficiency or haste ect. and you will have to dig for your ores just like you do in goldrush now, this will help equal out the entire goldrush event and will actually give less op players a chance at winning goldrush. Please leave any comments about this idea below and help this possibly become a thing!
Basically a Good idea,but its unfair for the People who buyed op tools for goldrush :\ ♧

Joyman533
Premium 4
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 2,703 hours
Blocks Mined: 975,880
Achievements: 198

Post by Joyman533 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:10 pm

I like this. It would turn Goldrush into a fair game, and not into who premines the most + who has the most OP pickaxe.
Helper 5/1/15 to 12/25/15.
Please donate rails, stonebricks, and gold ores to the hopper at /warp TheSC. We need many of those in order to build the railroad network in Greycliff.

USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6
Accountname: jaylee8111
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 5,377 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,097,421
Achievements: 231

Post by YT_Rivenful » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:31 pm

Just have it as a goldrush world that comes out of nowhere so theres no premining
Instagram: @Rivenful_Photo, Follow me to see my work.

camyoshi
Premium 6
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,828 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,764,100
Achievements: 203

Post by camyoshi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:03 pm

Gluttony wrote:to prevent people with OP tools from winning everytime and premining we could make a new world similar to the mining world but can only be accessed during goldrush, when a goldrush starts you can tp to the world and will spawn at the goldrush world spawn with nothing but a high unbreaking diamond pick and you would have to mine with no efficiency or haste ect. and you will have to dig for your ores just like you do in goldrush now, this will help equal out the entire goldrush event and will actually give less op players a chance at winning goldrush. Please leave any comments about this idea below and help this possibly become a thing!
Perfect! This idea is awesome! This might even be the best suggestion I have seen. I also have some more suggestions:

1. Maybe instead of getting the same items every time, how about this: Kits! Like in survival games, you get more kits as you get more points. The first kit would be like you mentioned: a diamond pick with high unbreaking, but if there were mobs, you would need a sword or some weapon. I was thinking that there could be a diamond sword with sharpness 3 (Or maybe lower) for one kit, and the other could have a bow or phoenix bow with power 3 (Maybe lower) and infinity 1 along with an arrow. Mcmmo should not work in this world in my opinion, or maybe, you can use mcmmo, just the limit would be 250 or something (what I mean by that is say you have 400 levels on mining. You will only get 250 levels in this world because of the limit, and won't increase. If you have below the limit, you will get that amount of levels and you can also level them up to 250 in this world, and to get higher, you level it up like you normally would).

2. Maybe there could be new ores/rocks. There could be all the ores that are implemented, along with more. I recently found this mod called "Bad Ores", that adds ores to your game that most of them do bad things. Most probably wouldn't make sense, but there are a few that might be cool. Here are 5 ores that I think might be cool:

I did not make these textures, they are from the Bad Ores mod. There could also be citrine and tourmaline ore also, and they would be very rare. If you noticed, the points are very high for these ores. That is because points work on all ores but coal now. Iron, lapis, redstone, and (maybe) abrosium give points now and the ores that already gave points (like gold) give three times as many points as before!

3. You get to keep 50% of the ores you find. If you win, you get to keep all the ores along with a perfect diamond, a chance for a hat, and lots of money! Occasionally, there might be a goldrush event that gives out 75% to everyone and the winner gets 150% (Meaning that you would get to keep all of your ores and even another extra 50%) and double the rewards! Maybe there could even be a hat similar to the goldore hat, but is made of diamonds, and is rarer also as a bonus. These ores are given after the game like at arena.

4. If you don't want to go mining that much, you can also explore. There could be aether islands, floating ruins (from the mod called "Floating Ruins"), and maybe even end islands as well! The aether islands are just like in the aether, just a little smaller and contain 2 new ores. continuum, and white gold. Continuum is a new ore added in the Aether II, and gives a random item. This will not give hats, blocks, or most unobtainable items. I once made a suggestion about white gold, (See: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) it included the white gold pillars that were added in the Aether II. White gold was created from enchanting gold, but not anymore, now that it's an ore. To be creative, the end islands could maybe include the new 1.9 structures that include purpur blocks. The end islands could also contain the chorus fruits and maybe even a new ore called ender quartz. This is a lot like nether quartz, just it looks more "enderish". This might be too much for this world, and maybe could be added to Deepvale.

I also made every ore/block in one screenshot and how many points it gives:

I know, I changed some of the values. :P

Plus, if you noticed, there are a few more rocks that I never suggested before. Those are hard rocks (Like stone, netherrack and holystone). They are a lot harder than the normal rock. They are found randomly in stone, netherrack, or holystone.

I really, really like this suggestion! If this gets added (Even without my suggestions), Goldrush would be a lot more popular.

Let me know what you think!

P.S. I will hopefully be playing more soon. :blob10:

~camyoshi

TheLegendJet
Banned
Premium 6
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 5,065 hours
Blocks Mined: 18,655,974
Achievements: 233

Post by TheLegendJet » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:36 pm

How about this: No new World, just using the ones that already exist....
Would make it more interesting to have an Aether or Nether Goldrush, just imagine that!!

Why another World that nobody would enter besides those Events...? Isn't the Mining World already good enough?
Diesel wrote:
Basically a Good idea,but its unfair for the People who buyed op tools for goldrush :\ ♧
^
New Players shouldn't be able to win perfect Diamonds from the Beginning of their Playtime, it's something everyone should work for.
With making progress through the Game you'll get better Items and Tools to have a higher Chance of winning.
Do you think the People who are OP now started like that? No, we all started with no Item in Hand and 0 Coins.

Besides that, premining is there for everyone, not only the People who are winning, if you have a solid 1k Points lead not even the best Players could win against you.

Something that everyone complains about is always Goldrush, even though it's literally the same with Arena. Same People win, no new Player has a Chance and now guess what the arguments are, because PEOPLE WORKED TO GET THOSE SKILLS AND OP WEAPONS.
It's not unfair, it is totally fair, if certain Players have a long Winstreak shows how dedicated they are to win.
At some Point I even felt bad about always winning, giving away about half a stack of perfect diamonds over time to Players who got 2nd and tried to win. I really tried to be nice, but It's no use if People just complain about it anyways.

camyoshi, there is too many Ores already, we don't need more of them, we would need a use for the current ones more.
Joyman, there's only so much the best Pickaxe can do, the rest it up to the Determination of the Player who actually mines.

In my Opinion, NOTHING has to be changed.

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:48 pm

Jet wrote:How about this: No new World, just using the ones that already exist....
Would make it more interesting to have an Aether or Nether Goldrush, just imagine that!!

Why another World that nobody would enter besides those Events...? Isn't the Mining World already good enough?
Diesel wrote:
^
New Players shouldn't be able to win perfect Diamonds from the Beginning of their Playtime, it's something everyone should work for.
With making progress through the Game you'll get better Items and Tools to have a higher Chance of winning.
Do you think the People who are OP now started like that? No, we all started with no Item in Hand and 0 Coins.

Besides that, premining is there for everyone, not only the People who are winning, if you have a solid 1k Points lead not even the best Players could win against you.

Something that everyone complains about is always Goldrush, even though it's literally the same with Arena. Same People win, no new Player has a Chance and now guess what the arguments are, because PEOPLE WORKED TO GET THOSE SKILLS AND OP WEAPONS.
It's not unfair, it is totally fair, if certain Players have a long Winstreak shows how dedicated they are to win.
At some Point I even felt bad about always winning, giving away about half a stack of perfect diamonds over time to Players who got 2nd and tried to win. I really tried to be nice, but It's no use if People just complain about it anyways.

camyoshi, there is too many Ores already, we don't need more of them, we would need a use for the current ones more.
Joyman, there's only so much the best Pickaxe can do, the rest it up to the Determination of the Player who actually mines.

In my Opinion, NOTHING has to be changed.
actually you start with 10 coins I believe?
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:59 am

Just saying the mining world is the the world for gold rush and it will not be changed .
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

Neo
Premium 5
Accountname: devinhamster
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 1,408 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,355,141
Achievements: 164

Post by Neo » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:59 am

Africa wrote:Just saying the mining world is the the world for gold rush and it will not be changed .
And you know this how?
"Biceps is always with you" -paszaBiceps, Professional CS:GO Player for Virtus.Pro, champions of EMS One Katowice 2014