Use for Ender Eggs

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Trottero
Premium 4
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 1,136 hours
Blocks Mined: 630,686
Achievements: 175

Re: Use for Ender Eggs

Post by Trottero » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:08 pm

Build wrote:haha nice to see where people took this idea. I think they may not be so motivated in adding pets. idk tho and if they want what you guys proposed could be really fun.

However, my basic idea was that you summon a new born dragon in order to fight and kill him :P
I got told once by staff that the main reason that most new mobs that players "own" wont get addded is because of all of the bugs it brings with them. We have all seen the moas, people value them and go to staff to complain when they lost them. They dissappeared when warping, and it did not happen every time your warped. It is really hard to fix vague bugs like this one. Imagine if you have got your dragon decked out with a 500k hat + full perfect diamond armor, and then it suddenly dissappears, you probably wont be amused. Neither will staff because they will have to solve that problem for you. which can be extremely diffucult since there is no way for staff to validate your request of getting your items/dragon back.

Correct me if I am wrong though, devs of craftland =)
I rate the game 8 out of pineapple.
"You just put the things in the things" - pig001, 17/4/2015
"The engines are stop go" -Dietrig, 27/04/2015

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:17 pm

Small pets, such as silly little pigs that follow you around or something, could be done quite easily.
Something we never want to do(unless somehow we did it perect, which is almost impossible) is make entities that carry items, e.g. donkeys, horse armour, even backpacks on moas, all present many problems, when some player puts all his diamonds in there and the it despawns because of some bug we never even knew would exist.
You may say, "Its their own fault for being stupid and storing their diamonds in there", and while that may be true, we cant just ignore it when theres so many bugs with entities that carry stuff despawning, and therefor the only easy way(or we could spend months working on a pointless pet system, instead of a new world with tonnes of new stuff) is to just leave it and not attempt it.

Although, as I said at the start, small, little things that have no use could be done, e.g. a tiny pig that follows you and oinks every now and then could be done, but it would have limits, e.g. It doesnt teleport when you do, so it just follows you, and you have to pick it up with a Pretty Pincy Porking Pig Egg™ to get it to go between worlds or something. Or just like a wolf, only can be in one world.

Idk, I'll have a short look into it

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 632 hours
Blocks Mined: 924,206
Achievements: 197

Post by Diesel » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:38 pm

pig001 wrote:Small pets, such as silly little pigs that follow you around or something, could be done quite easily.
Something we never want to do(unless somehow we did it perect, which is almost impossible) is make entities that carry items, e.g. donkeys, horse armour, even backpacks on moas, all present many problems, when some player puts all his diamonds in there and the it despawns because of some bug we never even knew would exist.
You may say, "Its their own fault for being stupid and storing their diamonds in there", and while that may be true, we cant just ignore it when theres so many bugs with entities that carry stuff despawning, and therefor the only easy way(or we could spend months working on a pointless pet system, instead of a new world with tonnes of new stuff) is to just leave it and not attempt it.

Although, as I said at the start, small, little things that have no use could be done, e.g. a tiny pig that follows you and oinks every now and then could be done, but it would have limits, e.g. It doesnt teleport when you do, so it just follows you, and you have to pick it up with a Pretty Pincy Porking Pig Egg™ to get it to go between worlds or something. Or just like a wolf, only can be in one world.

Idk, I'll have a short look into it
What about a little enderdragon that follows you around? :)

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:06 pm

Then, there are a million different ways, Pig.

Add to the Appearance GUI "Pet"

You unlock pets with money/items/exp, etc, and then can select it from there, and deposit the hat into the GUI in a sense. This way it is logged that X hat is on X pet which belongs to X player.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

USER_AVATAR
xxmasal22xx
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 268 hours
Blocks Mined: 67,304
Achievements: 50

Post by xxmasal22xx » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:18 pm

When did these bugs start happening with entities despawning? Im wondering because if it waqs with a certain version's update, maybe thats what should be looked at instead of what we currently have, and look at differences in the way said entities are coded. Dont get me wrong, i know it would be a pain in the arse, but just looking at the .class files for craftland, a good start to making things easier would be to actually name things accordingly, instead of kjhngvjlllkfkjhhkjfkjf.class, for example, name it MobMoaGreen.class. Maybe start there and re organize things even if it would take a while. you would have to change the references to each class to match the new name but i really think that would be benficial.
My first Minecraft mod:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/974 ... nture-time" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My youtube, mostly Minecraft based:
http://www.youtube.com/user/xxmasal22xx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;