power mods

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
Neoxity
Premium 3
Accountname: camol0
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 270 hours
Blocks Mined: 405,634
Achievements: 106

power mods

Post by Neoxity » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:56 am

i think that applied energetics mod and thermal expatiation it will make life on this server so easy some people love technology mods like me. I hope this gets passed ill be so happy :blob9: :3

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Re: power mods

Post by pig001 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:18 pm

Craftland, if anything, is a magic themed server(what with the aether, which is pretty magicy), and honestly I dont think tech would mix at all well. Thermal expansion and applied energistics are both absolutly massive mods, and with craftland not having forge, or any kind of fully working modloader, we would have to recode the entire mod to work with craftland. Thats not even thinking about generation, power generation, balancing for the entire server, or anything of that sort. Right now, most of the work for craftland is being focused on the new world, which is currently in progress, and will hopefully turn out really well.
Short answer, would be way to much work to balance, and recode the entire thing, so id guess no.

USER_AVATAR
Diesel
Premium 6
Accountname: xXair_craftXx
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 632 hours
Blocks Mined: 924,206
Achievements: 197

Post by Diesel » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:40 pm

Technic also gets really boring after a while what magic and adventure themed mods does not

USER_AVATAR
Neoxity
Premium 3

Post by Neoxity » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:11 pm

pig001 wrote:Craftland, if anything, is a magic themed server(what with the aether, which is pretty magicy), and honestly I dont think tech would mix at all well. Thermal expansion and applied energistics are both absolutly massive mods, and with craftland not having forge, or any kind of fully working modloader, we would have to recode the entire mod to work with craftland. Thats not even thinking about generation, power generation, balancing for the entire server, or anything of that sort. Right now, most of the work for craftland is being focused on the new world, which is currently in progress, and will hopefully turn out really well.
Short answer, would be way to much work to balance, and recode the entire thing, so id guess no.
ah ok

Jovaniph
Premium 4
Played: 611 hours
Blocks Mined: 460,417
Achievements: 86

Post by Jovaniph » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:16 pm

Well have redstone. Why don't we get mods that would harness the 'power' of redstone?

USER_AVATAR
Neoxity
Premium 3

Post by Neoxity » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:20 pm

pig001 wrote:Craftland, if anything, is a magic themed server(what with the aether, which is pretty magicy), and honestly I dont think tech would mix at all well. Thermal expansion and applied energistics are both absolutly massive mods, and with craftland not having forge, or any kind of fully working modloader, we would have to recode the entire mod to work with craftland. Thats not even thinking about generation, power generation, balancing for the entire server, or anything of that sort. Right now, most of the work for craftland is being focused on the new world, which is currently in progress, and will hopefully turn out really well.
but when it comes to balancing the mod out what do you have to balance in applied energetics only thing that can grief is the mater cannon and in thermal expatiation rf generation is stable nothing op if you check and for world gen the ores can gen in the mining world and since i havnt screwed around with the mods on the server idk if there is any id conflicts with any mods on the server but it is a 30% possibility but what do you mean about work with craftland.

USER_AVATAR
Neoxity
Premium 3

Post by Neoxity » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:22 pm

Jovaniph wrote:Well have redstone. Why don't we get mods that would harness the 'power' of redstone?
the mod thermal expantion basically dosnt use redstone it creates automation for easy storge and item sorting applied energetics makes virtual storage for items bye chest when u get to this mod
Last edited by Neoxity on Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jovaniph
Premium 4
Played: 611 hours
Blocks Mined: 460,417
Achievements: 86

Post by Jovaniph » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm

camol0 wrote:
Jovaniph wrote:Well have redstone. Why don't we get mods that would harness the 'power' of redstone?
the mod basically dosnt use redstone it creates automation for easy storge and item sorting
I know what those mods do. I'm familiar with Tekkit and Voltz pack.

USER_AVATAR
Neoxity
Premium 3

Post by Neoxity » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:26 pm

Jovaniph wrote:
camol0 wrote:
the mod basically dosnt use redstone it creates automation for easy storge and item sorting
I know what those mods do. I'm familiar with Tekkit and Voltz pack.
yea but im in to easy things