Monster hunt update?

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
Bergman777
Premium 5
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,390 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,308,603
Achievements: 200

Monster hunt update?

Post by Bergman777 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:40 pm

So, i don't really have a suggestion but i think monster hunt should/could be more than it is at the moment. Maybe it could become something more like the goldrush but for the newly planned world?

Please input your opinion on the matter aswell! :thumbsup:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Soulmusician
Premium 6
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,341 hours
Blocks Mined: 674,851
Achievements: 111

Re: Monster hunt update?

Post by Soulmusician » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:47 pm

Thats a good suggestion I think it would be great to have it like monster hunt but basically for all the 45 missing GOG3 mobs already in game. Means the harder ones give you more credit like in goldrush or like the first one able to kill 10 out of each gets a reward, etc.

That´s a really nice comment. To get the attention of the coders do a feature request at bugs.craftland.org please.

Thanks!

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:49 pm

Would be nice to see better rewards for monster hunt e.g 10k for a win 1/10 chance 1k prize as a normal win or 100k as a 1/1000 chance and the op hunters plate as a 1/100 chance.
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

PhantomAtLarge
Premium 3
Accountname: tnt_master03
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 454 hours
Blocks Mined: 106,148
Achievements: 85

Post by PhantomAtLarge » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:48 pm

Kye wrote:Would be nice to see better rewards for monster hunt e.g 10k for a win 1/10 chance 1k prize as a normal win or 100k as a 1/1000 chance and the op hunters plate as a 1/100 chance.
+1 support, I think that would be awesome. My friend wins, gets perfect did, I win, gets 300 credits.
"If all is seemingly lost, there is always one thing that will never be taken. That thing is the ability to just keep moving foreword. That is what makes us human, is it not?" ~Phantom of the Wikia/ tnt_master03

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:03 pm

Or create a new event(Or replace existing, replacing will be easier), which is rarer but with better rewards. Depending on your playtime, during the Monster Hunt, more mobs than usual would spawn near to the player, with higher levels. This I think would make it a little more interesting and harder. Mobs could also even spawn in lighter than normal areas to add to the effect. Obviously this isnt every players idea, so you Could add an option to disable the effects, but that might be a little to complex/resource heavy or something, but players who disable it dont get the rewards from participating in the hunt.

Obviously this idea needs expanded a lot, but it could be interesting.

camyoshi
Premium 6
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,828 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,764,100
Achievements: 203

Post by camyoshi » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:05 am

pig001 wrote:Or create a new event(Or replace existing, replacing will be easier), which is rarer but with better rewards. Depending on your playtime, during the Monster Hunt, more mobs than usual would spawn near to the player, with higher levels. This I think would make it a little more interesting and harder. Mobs could also even spawn in lighter than normal areas to add to the effect. Obviously this isnt every players idea, so you Could add an option to disable the effects, but that might be a little to complex/resource heavy or something, but players who disable it dont get the rewards from participating in the hunt.

Maybe a new game called Bloodhunt? Basically the game is like you said, it would make more mobs spawn near the player, but I would suggest that the mobs would spawn faster and not just next to the player. This could also feature the blood moon from the blood moon mod. I also believe someone suggested the blood moon mod before. Maybe even magma cubes, zombie pigmen, and blazes could generate too! But probably not ghasts. The message that could generate could maybe look like this:

Here is a list of the effects that could happen during bloodhunt:

A red moon called the blood moon appears
Blocks and the sky turn dark red
All mobs that spawn are twice as common and four times as common near a player with the rank of addict or higher
Nether mobs spawn (maybe not ghasts)
In Greycliff/Mining, the mobs automatically gain 2 extra levels making it possible to find level 12/13 mobs
Saplings turn into a new sapling called blood sapling over time and grows bloodwood and blood leaves
Mobs normally spawn in a light level of 7 or lower (If I am right :P), but instead, they spawn at level 12 and lower! Remember to light up your houses! This is not affected in regions.
Creepers become charged over time
And maybe more!

I hope you like these ideas!

~camyoshi

Soulmusician
Premium 6
Played: 1,341 hours
Blocks Mined: 674,851
Achievements: 111

Post by Soulmusician » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:42 am

camyoshi wrote:
pig001 wrote:Or create a new event(Or replace existing, replacing will be easier), which is rarer but with better rewards. Depending on your playtime, during the Monster Hunt, more mobs than usual would spawn near to the player, with higher levels. This I think would make it a little more interesting and harder. Mobs could also even spawn in lighter than normal areas to add to the effect. Obviously this isnt every players idea, so you Could add an option to disable the effects, but that might be a little to complex/resource heavy or something, but players who disable it dont get the rewards from participating in the hunt.

Maybe a new game called Bloodhunt? Basically the game is like you said, it would make more mobs spawn near the player, but I would suggest that the mobs would spawn faster and not just next to the player. This could also feature the blood moon from the blood moon mod. I also believe someone suggested the blood moon mod before. Maybe even magma cubes, zombie pigmen, and blazes could generate too! But probably not ghasts. The message that could generate could maybe look like this:

Here is a list of the effects that could happen during bloodhunt:

A red moon called the blood moon appears
Blocks and the sky turn dark red
All mobs that spawn are twice as common and four times as common near a player with the rank of addict or higher
Nether mobs spawn (maybe not ghasts)
In Greycliff/Mining, the mobs automatically gain 2 extra levels making it possible to find level 12/13 mobs
Saplings turn into a new sapling called blood sapling over time and grows bloodwood and blood leaves
Mobs normally spawn in a light level of 7 or lower (If I am right :P), but instead, they spawn at level 12 and lower! Remember to light up your houses! This is not affected in regions.
Creepers become charged over time
And maybe more!

I hope you like these ideas!

~camyoshi

I like the idea, I think piguin and marc could handle that with ease. Oh and rework all monster spawners please! The grinders on craftland are really no enhancement in order to the gameplay. They make it way to easy to get stuff. I suggest having all spawners to be fueled with some of the new gems, like you would fuel a furnace. Every fuel provides then an instantspawn of its value on mobs. Let´s say a zircon spawns 5 mobs, regeneration stones 10 mobs , a onyx spawns 15, a ruby & sapphire 20, a citrine 25, a tourmaline 30, etc. That way the megagrinders are out of the way and people can not just hand over there grinders to otherplayers and give them an advantage which ruins the game. They all would have to fuel the spawner to activate them regardles if they own the spawner or not. At the moment grinders are more a way like duping stuff quick and not in any matter as minecraft was supposed to be. For Monsterhunt and Bloodhunt it could mean that the mobs although drop twice the amount of experience. Honestly I would like to have a red wood type like the ones from biomes o plenty growing downwards from the ceiling but i don´t think that it would worth to be implemented. But please change the spawner thingy so that they need to be fueled from now on. For spawners that might become useless at this point make a entry in the servershop that people can seel them to the shop if they found some.

The problem i adress is just that obtainable spawners are damn cool but they become item grinders. In other mods the spawners you can obtain or build all need either RF or another fuel or supplement to work at all. Means you only get something if you invest, means actually play the game.

For fuel it can basically anything i just reworked the ideas from above in this list for you, which shows how much mobs each fuel spawns:

Coal = 2
Redstone = 2
Ambrosium = 2
Lapis = 3
quartz = 3
Zanite = 4
Zircone = 5
Onyx = 7
Regeneration Stones = 9
Sapphire = 11
Ruby = 11
Zitrine = 14