Fair Day!

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Joyman533
Premium 4
Last login: 6 days ago
Played: 2,704 hours
Blocks Mined: 976,142
Achievements: 198

Re: Fair Day!

Post by Joyman533 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:50 pm

Fair Day would be impossible to implement fairly. Issues with it would be unavoidable.
Helper 5/1/15 to 12/25/15.
Please donate rails, stonebricks, and gold ores to the hopper at /warp TheSC. We need many of those in order to build the railroad network in Greycliff.

Arbr
Premium 6
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 6,882 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,348,325
Achievements: 170

Post by Arbr » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:54 pm

I would rather have a rebalancing of the Arena bosses drop table. There really isnt a Point with goldrush imo.

PhantomAtLarge
Premium 3
Accountname: tnt_master03
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 454 hours
Blocks Mined: 106,148
Achievements: 85

Post by PhantomAtLarge » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:01 pm

Jovaniph wrote:
tnt_master03 wrote:I was a noob, like you. I was a noob in a grand world of non-noobs. After a while, I became more powerful. In those noob years, do what I did. Make frineds, make alies. Make clans, make them large. Become the person who other players rally behind. You don't need to be rich on the server. Infact, I made most of my friends here when I was a new player. Trust me, it makes the server a great place, not just for you, but for everyone. It makes it easier for the players who rally behind you, and a triumph for one, becomes a triumph for all. Or alteast, thats how I did it. Now, because of my friends, I have brought them up with me. Do that, it will solve that issue atleast. There will be struggles, but making the players who earned their perks give them up, so you can take a short cut is not the CL way. Even a mid-level squeeker like me understands that concept.
I'm not obligated to make friends or allies or make clans. If that is what Craftland is about, then they would of have mentioned it. The server is a great place and that's why i'm not going anywhere. I do not want to leave because I like the people here.

Anyways, there is no harm in fair day. Who cares!!! Like literally!!! Who cares if some noob gets the best gear? Seriously? There is no legitimate reason why NOT to have a fair day. Why do people care about other people progressing? Ohh I forgot, its because the world already does that.
You aren't obligated to make friends, allies, or clans. But that, in my opinion, is the fastest, most enjoyable way to work you way up the ladder. Show the best you that there is to others, they will help. If they help you, and you help them, and it keeps going, you will all rapidly progress. And making friends and clans and allies could never hurt, and is a great way to use your time here. As for Fair Day, it won't be "Fair" to the older players, who spent years of hard work to achieve what they did. Also, I am pretty sure that parents won't like the idea of implemented Communism in a community their kids are in. As for people trying to oppress others, that is one of the impossible to dodge flaws in Society. It is a challenge in life that I face, that you face, and that all face. It is just a thing that we all have to work against, and Fair Day won't make a dent in it.
"If all is seemingly lost, there is always one thing that will never be taken. That thing is the ability to just keep moving foreword. That is what makes us human, is it not?" ~Phantom of the Wikia/ tnt_master03

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI

Jovaniph
Premium 4
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 611 hours
Blocks Mined: 460,417
Achievements: 86

Post by Jovaniph » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:06 pm

tnt_master03 wrote:
Jovaniph wrote:
tnt_master03 wrote:I was a noob, like you. I was a noob in a grand world of non-noobs. After a while, I became more powerful. In those noob years, do what I did. Make frineds, make alies. Make clans, make them large. Become the person who other players rally behind. You don't need to be rich on the server. Infact, I made most of my friends here when I was a new player. Trust me, it makes the server a great place, not just for you, but for everyone. It makes it easier for the players who rally behind you, and a triumph for one, becomes a triumph for all. Or alteast, thats how I did it. Now, because of my friends, I have brought them up with me. Do that, it will solve that issue atleast. There will be struggles, but making the players who earned their perks give them up, so you can take a short cut is not the CL way. Even a mid-level squeeker like me understands that concept.
I'm not obligated to make friends or allies or make clans. If that is what Craftland is about, then they would of have mentioned it. The server is a great place and that's why i'm not going anywhere. I do not want to leave because I like the people here.

Anyways, there is no harm in fair day. Who cares!!! Like literally!!! Who cares if some noob gets the best gear? Seriously? There is no legitimate reason why NOT to have a fair day. Why do people care about other people progressing? Ohh I forgot, its because the world already does that.
You aren't obligated to make friends, allies, or clans. But that, in my opinion, is the fastest, most enjoyable way to work you way up the ladder. Show the best you that there is to others, they will help. If they help you, and you help them, and it keeps going, you will all rapidly progress. And making friends and clans and allies could never hurt, and is a great way to use your time here. As for Fair Day, it won't be "Fair" to the older players, who spent years of hard work to achieve what they did. Also, I am pretty sure that parents won't like the idea of implemented Communism in a community their kids are in. As for people trying to oppress others, that is one of the impossible to dodge flaws in Society. It is a challenge in life that I face, that you face, and that all face. It is just a thing that we all have to work against, and Fair Day won't make a dent in it.
I don't care about the older players whining about them getting where they are now... This is a game and it design to be an escape. Not simulate my life.

PhantomAtLarge
Premium 3
Accountname: tnt_master03
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 454 hours
Blocks Mined: 106,148
Achievements: 85

Post by PhantomAtLarge » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:08 pm

Well, if the goal is to be fair, then why be unfair to older players. It is unfair fairness.
"If all is seemingly lost, there is always one thing that will never be taken. That thing is the ability to just keep moving foreword. That is what makes us human, is it not?" ~Phantom of the Wikia/ tnt_master03

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI

Jovaniph
Premium 4

Post by Jovaniph » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:13 pm

tnt_master03 wrote:Well, if the goal is to be fair, then why be unfair to older players. It is unfair fairness.
How is fair day unfair when you are still competing? It's a competition that you have to work hard at against everyone else. It's a FAIR competition.

Chess is fair because everyone has the same number of pieces

LOL is fair because no player is overpowered than the other

COD/HALO is fair because regardless of the weapon you use, you can still win or lose.

Its a fair competition for a reason. Its fair.

Banana_Cannon
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 465 hours
Blocks Mined: 118,387
Achievements: 67

Post by Banana_Cannon » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:16 pm

Chess is not fair because while everyone has the same pieces, white always moves first.
DAS WAR EIN BEFEHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jovaniph
Premium 4

Post by Jovaniph » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:19 pm

Banana_Cannon wrote:Chess is not fair because while everyone has the same pieces, white always moves first.
In the 2010 10th International Computer Tournament, out of 63 games involving 14 different chess computers, 24 games were won by white, 25 games were won by black, and 14 of them were draws.

To keep this topic relevant again... I honestly don't care if old players are egotistic of what they have. I think everyone should enjoy the experience regardless on the amount they have played on Craftland.

Banana_Cannon
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 465 hours
Blocks Mined: 118,387
Achievements: 67

Post by Banana_Cannon » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:28 pm

Jovaniph wrote:
Banana_Cannon wrote:Chess is not fair because while everyone has the same pieces, white always moves first.
In the 2010 10th International Computer Tournament, out of 63 games involving 14 different chess computers, 24 games were won by white, 25 games were won by black, and 14 of them were draws.

To keep this topic relevant again... I honestly don't care if old players are egotistic of what they have. I think everyone should enjoy the experience regardless on the amount they have played on Craftland.
They should enjoy the experience of getting good things by earning it.
DAS WAR EIN BEFEHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:24 pm

It's going to only get more unfair, due to the fact op books are running out and that when a new player join they won't have a chance to get them, so the older players will always win it is also the same with sharpness and smite.
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.