GUI Notepad

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Re: GUI Notepad

Post by amp » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:17 am

Joyman533 wrote:When you right click with it, it comes up on the center of the screen, a homescreen with all the apps shows on the phone. Then you can do whatever you want.
I wouldn't say it completely fits in with Craftland's feel, but, I love the idea, and would love to see it come to life :)
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:17 pm

I could code this in 10 minutes, all i need to add is an item, and then make it simulate a "U" key press on right click or display the U menu GUI.
That wasnt me saying im going to make it, im trying to say that its pointless.
Press "U", all warps, chestshops, appearance, players
Press "T", all chats, pm's, everything
This is just masking the basic features with a stupidly fancy gui that is less efficient than the normal system.
Sorry, but I think this idea at its current stage is pointless.(the phone thing idea)

For the notepad idea, it would be easier(not saying we'll do it, again, i dont even support this idea, but its a better alternative) just to improve the book and quill to make it so wherever you click it puts your cursor there, and a few little cursor tweaks etc.

For the argument saying you cant edit once signed... dont sign it.
If its for passwords and warps like you mentioned, you wouldn't need to sign it, as the only use for signing it to me is to claim it as yours, and you wont be passing the item to anyone else.

For the book and quill being lost easy... I cant really say anything to that. Again, if you want it for passwords and stuff, custom slots?

If this idea was to be considered, the only way I could see it working was a simple text editor on the U menu, that saved client side, in a txt file in your craftland folder.

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Also, it's like none of you have ever heard of Microsoft word, notepad, TextEdit, Google docs, etc, etc...
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

USER_AVATAR
redeyed_treefrog
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 250 hours
Blocks Mined: 205,630
Achievements: 80

Post by redeyed_treefrog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:52 pm

I'd like to see the ability to have a graph paper notepad aswell, for planning out redstone, arches, etc.

PhantomAtLarge
Premium 3
Accountname: tnt_master03
Played: 454 hours
Blocks Mined: 106,148
Achievements: 85

Post by PhantomAtLarge » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:06 am

Chance, I don't want to swap between Craftland and Text Edit, Google, Etc, because I am forgetting something. If it opens default on the already installed GUI, you would always see it, you would not have to much trouble coding it, and you wouldn't have to use other websites or programs to do something in CL.
"If all is seemingly lost, there is always one thing that will never be taken. That thing is the ability to just keep moving foreword. That is what makes us human, is it not?" ~Phantom of the Wikia/ tnt_master03

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 19 days ago
Played: 4,297 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Post by nickmcski » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:00 am

tnt_master03 wrote:Chance, I don't want to swap between Craftland and Text Edit, Google, Etc, because I am forgetting something. If it opens default on the already installed GUI, you would always see it, you would not have to much trouble coding it, and you wouldn't have to use other websites or programs to do something in CL.
Is Alt+tab really that hard though, or be like me I keep a pad of sticky notes on my desk.

Also, to make it actually worth using, it won't be easy to code...
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

Soulmusician
Premium 6
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,341 hours
Blocks Mined: 674,851
Achievements: 111

Post by Soulmusician » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:25 am

nickmcski wrote:
tnt_master03 wrote:Chance, I don't want to swap between Craftland and Text Edit, Google, Etc, because I am forgetting something. If it opens default on the already installed GUI, you would always see it, you would not have to much trouble coding it, and you wouldn't have to use other websites or programs to do something in CL.
Is Alt+tab really that hard though, or be like me I keep a pad of sticky notes on my desk.

Also, to make it actually worth using, it won't be easy to code...
Yes have them take a sheet of paper and a pen and solve the problem that way I agree.

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:57 pm

So, hours should be spent implementing a tool that would be barely used, for one person? No offense but, it's pretty useless.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Odd
Premium 5
Accountname: TheOddTruth
Played: 977 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,818,852
Achievements: 131

Post by Odd » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:27 pm

pig001 wrote: If this idea was to be considered, the only way I could see it working was a simple text editor on the U menu, that saved client side, in a txt file in your craftland folder.
This is exactly what I was thinking.

Also, Rubino, I've talked to several people that have said they would use it, not just one person. If there wasn't interest, I doubt there would be so much deliberation in this thread.

Hampton
Premium 5
Accountname: herohamp
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 786 hours
Blocks Mined: 137,298
Achievements: 113

Post by Hampton » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:04 am

But if you code it in game we do not need to transfer all of our sticky notes to places