Add Mod Suggestions

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
Senor_Paco
Premium 3
Accountname: crazychiper
Last login: 6 years ago
Played: 1,329 hours
Blocks Mined: 753,693
Achievements: 145

Add Mod Suggestions

Post by Senor_Paco » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:28 am

So me retroferrari33 and bergman777 were asking each other which mods we like the most
we came up with Mr Crayfishs furniature mod and tropicraft and why can we not add them
tropi craft gives a awsome biome that alot of people would like especially for the new players and it would add new blocks so more ideas for builds
And mr crayfish furniature mod would add more items for your house instead of having a plain how were there was basically nothing in the house it adds kitchens item sitting room items and more

-senor_zorro-

PhantomAtLarge
Premium 3
Accountname: tnt_master03
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 454 hours
Blocks Mined: 106,148
Achievements: 85

Re: Add Mod Suggestions

Post by PhantomAtLarge » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:03 pm

It sounds cool, but Nide and the crew might have trouble recoding it to work with the server. In my opinion, it sounds awesome.
"If all is seemingly lost, there is always one thing that will never be taken. That thing is the ability to just keep moving foreword. That is what makes us human, is it not?" ~Phantom of the Wikia/ tnt_master03

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI

USER_AVATAR
Senor_Paco
Premium 3

Post by Senor_Paco » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:51 pm

also why not mo creatures?
i liek craftland but i have to say animals are quite limited same with normal minecraft

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:09 pm

A common misconception about craftland is that it is just "another modded server with a custom mod", but it is quite wrong. First of, craftland has no Minecraft forge. Everything that is added is either a) A highly customized plugin with bukkit to work with craftland spesisifically, or b) Custom coded directly into the game. There is no mods folder that we just drag and drop stuff into, a mod has to be added into the already existing code and it has to be made to work with all the other mods.

Mo Creatures has many many reasons why we cannot add it. Last time I checked, the author wasnt allowing anyone to use his mod in any public modpack, which means it is almost defiantly not open source(which would be needed for us to add it). We also just implemented the Gilmore of gaia mod, which added many new mobs, but most of them do not spawn at all yet(ones that do spawn include: ender eye, flesh lich, vampire).

MrCrayfish's Furniture Mod is a bit different, it does have source, and is allowed in modpacks, but it was similar to a discussion that was had with nide last night, to do with custom models. Adding completely custom models to resemble everything in real life drains the creativity of Minecraft itself. An example nide made of this was the furnace. It doesnt exactly look good in a kitchen, but players can use their imagination and creativity to make it work, either using little blocks blocks, quarter blocks, or others to make it fit in more, something which MyCrayfish's mod completely removes.

TropicCraft I personally have a love/hate relationship with. Its really cool, and pretty unique, but is laggy as sh-t last time I played it, and is completely unfinished/polished, which is something that I know the modders are working on. I read a post on it, saying their repository is becoming opensource, but didnt look further into it than that. Again, adding an entire new dimension will take the coders(and nide specifically) a tonne of time. Adding a new world itself seems pretty simple(e.g. the arena was added last night), but that is the world alone, and nothing but the world. That had no terrain generation, and was a set map that didnt have to generate anything. World generation is one of the biggest factors in a new world, as thats most of the stuff that you can add, e.g. dungeons, new biomes, new blocks, new mobs, new plants, all done in the world generation, and something that cannot be changed. This was one of the reasons we added the mining world, it gave the coders a chance to add something to generate naturally that didnt require a new world, something that was holding it back a bit. Adding a new world for the sake of a new world is pointless, and requires hundreds of hours of work to look good, and be worth using.

USER_AVATAR
Senor_Paco
Premium 3

Post by Senor_Paco » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:41 pm

Okay pig001 thanks for the information hope we can atleast get some other mods onto craftland :)