Remove the level cap!

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
Bergman777
Premium 5
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,390 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,308,603
Achievements: 200

Remove the level cap!

Post by Bergman777 » Sun May 31, 2015 9:37 pm

Why is there a level cap on the Mcmmo levels?

i can understand if it is to stop the effects for super high levels being too overpowered but why not just cap the effects after 1200 levels if that is the problem, that way you can still level but not become too Over powered.

if the level cap is removed players will start to compete for the highest levels and i think that would make the "end game" when you pretty much have the best stuff less boring, because there will always be something to do, if you think leveling is fun, like i do :P

What do you guys think about the level cap?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Re: Remove the level cap!

Post by Kye » Sun May 31, 2015 10:03 pm

Bergman777 wrote:Why is there a level cap on the Mcmmo levels?

i can understand if it is to stop the effects for super high levels being too overpowered but why not just cap the effects after 1200 levels if that is the problem, that way you can still level but not become too Over powered.

if the level cap is removed players will start to compete for the highest levels and i think that would make the "end game" when you pretty much have the best stuff less boring, because there will always be something to do, if you think leveling is fun, like i do :P

Just saying removing the cap would annoy a lot of people who at one point had really high unarmed when you could get it.
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

Soulmusician
Premium 6
Played: 1,341 hours
Blocks Mined: 674,851
Achievements: 111

Post by Soulmusician » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:34 am

Bergman777 wrote:Why is there a level cap on the Mcmmo levels?

Talk to Nide directly about this either per PM in the forum, the IRC or per feature request at bugs.craftland.org.
He wants to have a unlimited leveling too but in another form as you suggested as much as I heard. He wants all levels above 1200 to be obtained by an trainer NPC which charges for example 100k for additional 20 slots to level. This means you can level then on to 1220 and go and buy another 20 slots for leveling, which will then cost 200k and so on. This will give players the opportunity to fight about the highest level and it will remove millions of money from the game. So yeah ask him directly and you might get an answer how, when and if.

Yours

Soul

USER_AVATAR
moomon
Premium 5
Played: 823 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,049,743
Achievements: 137

Post by moomon » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:45 am

Just saying removing the cap would annoy a lot of people who at one point had really high unarmed when you could get it.[/quote]
looking at the mctop unarmed it looks like that the highest unarmed anyone have is 1200 so no one would get mad or annoyed

I think removing the mcmmo cap would be a great idea. what Soulmusician said will kinda break the game for the ones with much money. they will get a head start. get more damage/ faster or better mining or anything that can give them more money. we know frost allmost allways wins the arena cus of his damage with swords. if he had alot of money and level up swords more. he will allways win and get more money. this will then snowball in to him allways winning the arena boss and no one can catch up to him. (no offence frost. it was just an example) removing or making a higher cap on mcmmo would be fun :)
Just think of this that if a burito that can talk it would be sasy~arbr 2015

PhantomAtLarge
Premium 3
Accountname: tnt_master03
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 454 hours
Blocks Mined: 106,148
Achievements: 85

Post by PhantomAtLarge » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:11 am

I agree with Soul and Nide. Having a trainer NPC would be great. Perhaps you could get extra level slots via a potion or something or other that can be obtained only via an NPC, or via villager trade (rare, would re inflate reusable eggs, could help with economy). This could rebalance the economy with those two features. A: the NPC would mean less money circulating the server, meaning shop owners will lower overpriced items, and B: the Villager trade will re inflate some important items that can be had for much less than what is healthy for the economy.
"If all is seemingly lost, there is always one thing that will never be taken. That thing is the ability to just keep moving foreword. That is what makes us human, is it not?" ~Phantom of the Wikia/ tnt_master03

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:14 am

TheOddOne wrote:Just saying removing the cap would annoy a lot of people who at one point had really high unarmed when you could get it.
looking at the mctop unarmed it looks like that the highest unarmed anyone have is 1200 so no one would get mad or annoyed

I think removing the mcmmo cap would be a great idea. what Soulmusician said will kinda break the game for the ones with much money. they will get a head start. get more damage/ faster or better mining or anything that can give them more money. we know frost allmost allways wins the arena cus of his damage with swords. if he had alot of money and level up swords more. he will allways win and get more money. this will then snowball in to him allways winning the arena boss and no one can catch up to him. (no offence frost. it was just an example) removing or making a higher cap on mcmmo would be fun :)[/quote]

The reason why the highest is 1200 is because nide added the cap.
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

USER_AVATAR
moomon
Premium 5

Post by moomon » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:33 am

tnt_master03 wrote:I agree with Soul and Nide. Having a trainer NPC would be great. Perhaps you could get extra level slots via a potion or something or other that can be obtained only via an NPC, or via villager trade (rare, would re inflate reusable eggs, could help with economy). This could rebalance the economy with those two features. A: the NPC would mean less money circulating the server, meaning shop owners will lower overpriced items, and B: the Villager trade will re inflate some important items that can be had for much less than what is healthy for the economy.

but people who allready have millions will get alot more levels. and they will get for example more damage. and then they will win the boss fights most of the times. and they will get good/op items and get more money and it will snowball from that

USER_AVATAR
moomon
Premium 5

Post by moomon » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:34 am

Kye wrote:
The reason why the highest is 1200 is because nide added the cap.
so why would people get annoyed if the cap is raised ?

Arbr
Premium 6
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 6,882 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,348,325
Achievements: 170

Post by Arbr » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:17 pm

I personally think the cap should only be raised when enough people have come to the point of maxing... Like last time when they raised the cap. I personally would rather see it so that when you max a skill you get a cape and later when level is increased a bit then you have to re-obtain your cape along side possibly adding abilities / effects after 1200 that are special for those levels. Honestly I hope the levels are not increased with no max.

USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6
Accountname: jaylee8111
Played: 5,377 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,097,421
Achievements: 231

Post by YT_Rivenful » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:41 pm

How about the Npc Trainer can be in the hall with the Training dummies(Suggestion I made) that would be a good idea.
Instagram: @Rivenful_Photo, Follow me to see my work.