A welcoming guide to craftland.

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Red
Premium 5
Accountname: red2minecraft
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 2,004 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,615,147
Achievements: 215

A welcoming guide to craftland.

Post by Red » Fri May 29, 2015 3:08 pm

Nide, if you are reading this I have recently had an idea to help new players get settled into craftland.

I have noticed that new players to the server don't know where they should begin or what they are doing so, I think that you should write a book that all new players spawn with which will tell them the basics of craftland, for example the worlds there are, where to begin and what they can do on the server like the arena.

I feel like this will help new players because it means that they won't feel like they are bothering anyone by asking questions like "Where shall I start?" and "What can I do on this server?".

[Edit]
And possibly warn them about esto...

-Red2
~Red :cheesy:

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Re: A welcoming guide to craftland.

Post by Nox » Fri May 29, 2015 3:18 pm

For new players a warning so they won't leave when someone says out of the nothing reported like esto is doing..
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Fri May 29, 2015 4:39 pm

The wiki contains a lot of this kinda of this information, but players dont go to read an entire wiki first. I could attempt a small book that either a) links to the wiki or b) contains some information about starting up(similar to a infusement book or mutation guide).

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Fri May 29, 2015 4:47 pm

pig001 wrote:The wiki contains a lot of this kinda of this information, but players dont go to read an entire wiki first. I could attempt a small book that either a) links to the wiki or b) contains some information about starting up(similar to a infusement book or mutation guide).
I was actually beginning to update my noob guide that I'd made many months ago. You could always copy pasta parts of that into a book given out at spawn.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Fri May 29, 2015 4:56 pm

I just discussed an idea with a few on ts, which was simply a book that made people warp to places. Sounds terrible, right? Well the book would be given to new players, and would allow them to teleport to spesific places, such as the arena, mining world(Or any world infact), a tutorial area etc. Which I kinda like. Still needs expanding though.

FallOutAdam
Premium 3
Accountname: Crasher37
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,214 hours
Blocks Mined: 354,498
Achievements: 158

Post by FallOutAdam » Sat May 30, 2015 5:20 pm

I think it would just be easier, simpler and much more efficient if there was a brief guide to starting Craftland written into a book ingame and added to the /book command. New players would also spawn with the book.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSCiMbMVDLI

Red
Premium 5
Accountname: red2minecraft
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 2,004 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,615,147
Achievements: 215

Post by Red » Sat May 30, 2015 7:34 pm

FallOutAdam wrote:I think it would just be easier, simpler and much more efficient if there was a brief guide to starting Craftland written into a book ingame and added to the /book command. New players would also spawn with the book.
That is basically my idea :P
~Red :cheesy:

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 28 days ago
Played: 4,297 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Post by nickmcski » Sun May 31, 2015 2:22 am

Books just suck though, no one wants to sit down a read a book that has limited formatting and interactivity options. If you really want to make a beginner guide make it on the wiki and format it nicely, then I will add a Help button somewhere for each GUI and have it redirect to a page on the wiki. That way you have all the formating options, version control, and community development benefits that come with the wiki, with still being able to convey the same information
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

Soulmusician
Premium 6
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,341 hours
Blocks Mined: 674,851
Achievements: 111

Post by Soulmusician » Sun May 31, 2015 8:32 am

nickmcski wrote:Books just suck though, no one wants to sit down a read a book that has limited formatting and interactivity options. If you really want to make a beginner guide make it on the wiki and format it nicely, then I will add a Help button somewhere for each GUI and have it redirect to a page on the wiki. That way you have all the formating options, version control, and community development benefits that come with the wiki, with still being able to convey the same information
Sounds good, get one to do it i guess is the problem.