Jukebox suggestion

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
RandoroMcDuck
Premium 6
Accountname: Randoro
Last login: 4 months ago
Played: 3,883 hours
Blocks Mined: 16,608,171
Achievements: 186

Jukebox suggestion

Post by RandoroMcDuck » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:53 pm

What if jukeboxes could be used as speakers together, covering larger areas with their mp3/streams.

How it could be done:
If a player placed one jukebox in their home and set it to be the hub, they could now place several other jukeboxes around the server and connect them to the mainhub jukebox. Basically there would be an option in all jukeboxes to make a jukebox a pointer to another jukebox, this could be done with somekind of tool. Making it possible for players to link jukeboxes and broadcast their own stuff to whomever want a speaker installed.

OR

If a player placed one jukebox in their home they could choose the "public playlist" setting, after clicking that their jukebox becomes a mainhub and would pop up in other players jukeboxes as "PlayerName's Channel". Now whatever song or station is chosen in the jukebox it's now also available through the channel. Music from the mainhub will keep playing as long as the chunk where mainhub is placed is loaded OR as long as the mainhub has more than 0 listeners.

Scenario where this would be useful:
I place a mainhub in my home, i place speakers(jukeboxes all with my channel selected) all the way from my home to my farm. I can now run between my home and my farm without songs starting over or sound getting muffed away. Also would be great for background music in bigger builds or towns who want music(but not the same over and over) to start when players enter their gates.
just some random doro

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Re: Jukebox suggestion

Post by amp » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:15 pm

Had this idea many, many moons ago. Nidefawl had been working on implementing this, but, there was some problem with it where he scrapped the project; and I can't seem to remember the exact reasoning.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

PhantomAtLarge
Premium 3
Accountname: tnt_master03
Last login: 7 years ago
Played: 454 hours
Blocks Mined: 106,148
Achievements: 85

Re: Jukebox suggestion

Post by PhantomAtLarge » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:07 am

Randoro, thank you so much for suggesting this. The only problem is, then the server has to remember where the song was. Unless you pause it while the chunk is not loaded or something. Also, perhaps you add a feature where you can create a list of songs that play repeatedly while the chunk is loaded. This would help me a lot because my shop has quite a few songs that I play (all from the 70-80s rock era) and I can't play them during the week because I can't play, and thereby limiting my shop to 1 song until the weekend.
"If all is seemingly lost, there is always one thing that will never be taken. That thing is the ability to just keep moving foreword. That is what makes us human, is it not?" ~Phantom of the Wikia/ tnt_master03

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI