Suggestions, nerfs and balancing

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
RandoroMcDuck
Premium 6
Accountname: Randoro
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,883 hours
Blocks Mined: 16,608,171
Achievements: 186

Suggestions, nerfs and balancing

Post by RandoroMcDuck » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:42 pm

TLDR; A lot of weird ideas

In this thread I'll shout out all my ideas for how an already great Craftland could be improved further. Read it with a pinch of salt, some of the ideas might be far out of reach of what's worth investing time in developing, however ill still suggest them (as I don't really know if whats possible and impossible to implement).

Level 10 mobs
General
Make them harder, I think it should be a lot harder to kill these, also they should come with chances of great loots. (Make them immune to fall damage, drowning, lava and suffocation damage. To prevent people trapping them and killing them basically make them despawn if they're suffocating in a block.
Right now I have valk armor with prot IV on most items, i can take 40+ hits from a zombie without dying, I think its plain OP. Debuffs like weakness and slowness while getting attacked by these mobs wouldn't be wrong either. Also something to prevent players from shooting mobs from far away, basically give mobs that have no aggro on a player something like 800% damage reduction.

Spiders
Counting out the fact that all Level 10 mobs are pretty weak when facing a geared up player, spiders are extra weak cause their "damage hitbox(aka their reach) is way too small. If you've ever tried killing a Level 10 spider you know that you'll kill it most likely without taking any damage cause you can attack it easily without getting in range of its own reach. Increase the reach and make them jump at you like ordinary spiders.

Skeletons
Give them a chance of firing fire arrows which would set a player on fire.

Enchantments
InstaInv
An enchantment that can be placed on all tools and weapons. Basically makes items jump into inventory instantly (if you have room for it) instead of becoming an entity on the ground. On pickaxe/shovel/axe this would be compatible with fortune/silk touch, simply the effect would take place after the fortune loot calculation. On a bow or sword (as well as an axe) if you kill a mob you would get the loot into your inventory (if you have room for it) also compatible with looting enchant in the same way.
Level I: This enchant gives the player the blocks/items into inventory when destroying blocks. If the player has no room in inventory the block doesnt drop anything.
Level II: This enchant gives the player the blocks/items/experience into inventory when destroying blocks. If the player has no room in inventory the block will pop the loot as an entity(just like normally). When killing a mob with InstaInv II bow/sword/axe the player gains XP instantly(will be great for bow users), (exception for this are the bosses in the arena which are immune to InstaInv).

Saturation
An enchantment that can be placed on all gear parts. Basically slows down the rate of which saturation decreases for the player (aka makes the player lose hunger bars slower).

Mcmmo
General
I really like the idea of having 1200 levels, however I would like to see it increase even further, without actually giving any bonuses. Make level 1200-2000 give nothing except for the glory of a number. (with increasing amount of XP needed per level, according to the mcmmo settings it should be really, really hard). With this change there could be this small script on the server that runs each week which would do the following: for all players with a skill with level 1200+ it would decease that players level by 1. Basically making the 1200-2000 an indicator of how active one is of using that skill, racing the clock.

Mining
Nerf the super breaker for breaking obsidian, either make it not work on obsidian at all, or make it drop 20% (or something similar) of the obsidian mined while super breaker is active. Also seeing obsidian can be sold in the server shop and is most of the time on 1000 stock that says something.

Excavation
If possible add perfect diamond to the excavation treasure loots (at same rate as the mining type), so in other words make it 1/100 of the chance of finding diamonds while digging. Maybe set it to only drop for players with level 750+

Teleportation
Teleport history
So all players would have a teleport history tab in their GUI. Each time they teleport somewhere the position BEFORE they teleport would be saved making it possible for them to go back in history. (this is similar to the /back command in Essentials) This also would merge with the /return command as you teleport when you die. Normal players would be able to go back to their previous position (for an ingame price, very much like the return command), while premium accounts are able to go back several steps of a total history of their 10 previous positions.
Example: Im out mining at an unknown location iv wandered far. I use /home and leave my stuff in my chests. Then I open my teleportation history and double click my previous location teleporting me back to the mine where I wrote /home, and a small amount of money is debited from my account.

Mining world
Prevent TPs in the mining world during Gold rush (this includes party teleports, which are currently not prevented), this to prevent teaming.

TP Allow All
The command /tpallowall makes it possible to anyone to teleport to you for 1 minute of time, then the setting goes back to only /tpallow 'ed players being able to teleport to you. Doing /tpallowall again within the minute cancels the effect.
Last edited by RandoroMcDuck on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just some random doro

RandoroMcDuck
Premium 6
Accountname: Randoro
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,883 hours
Blocks Mined: 16,608,171
Achievements: 186

Re: Suggestions, nerfs and balancing

Post by RandoroMcDuck » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:42 pm

reserved;
just some random doro

USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6
Accountname: jaylee8111
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 5,377 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,097,421
Achievements: 231

Post by YT_Rivenful » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:54 pm

I agree the level 10 mobs should be harder, but more level of mobs can still be introduced I suggested a hunt for level 30 mobs that appear in the mining world
Instagram: @Rivenful_Photo, Follow me to see my work.

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:26 pm

Level 10 mobs I cant say anything about, Havent battled one of those legit in a while

Instainv - I was working on something similar to this, although it was not an enchantment, might change it a bit

Saturation - I know not much makes sense from this game in irc, but this I dont really like. Maybe a saturation potion? Might work better

MCMMO - I wouldnt think there would be that much of a problem increasing it, could work.

MCMMO Mining - That could work

MCMMO Digging - Also could work, not much I can say on these

Teleport history - Personally, I dont think this is a good idea, as I can imagine the problems with this, specifically with asking people to leave regions. We delete their warp, remove their home, but then suddenly they reappear because they teleported from there, would also cause problems in certain events, e.g. 4corners,
when a player goes out, he warps away, then when noone is looking returns back there.

Mining world TP - I like this idea, but I think the idea of teaming was intended? Not sure about this

TPAllow all - A warp? Could work, but I see some cases where this might be useful.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:02 pm

level 10 mobs are way too easy; even without armor.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:28 pm

Please for don't increase the mcmmo, it takes to long to max out as it is.
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

USER_AVATAR
Nox
Banned
Premium 6
Accountname: darkwayers
Played: 6,022 hours
Blocks Mined: 10,661,709
Achievements: 267

Post by Nox » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Nox on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First player to receive helper status while still being banned (and demoted shortly after)
First player with a Monsterhunt highscore above 100.000.

Toguno
Premium 6
Accountname: toguno
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,412 hours
Blocks Mined: 421,492
Achievements: 133

Post by Toguno » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:40 pm

Kye wrote:Please for don't increase the mcmmo, it takes to long to max out as it is.
Maybe add new tools & skills instead of making existing mcmmos harder.