Aether 2 by ares

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
Hijo
Premium 4
Accountname: Hammy_Da_Hamster
Last login: 4 months ago
Played: 105 hours
Blocks Mined: 125,961
Achievements: 65

Aether 2 by ares

Post by Hijo » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:13 am

I think we should add aether 2 because it would more dungeons and more loot also lots of new challanges for players. Also aether 2 has many more items to build with and craft with I think it should update to aether 2.

Toguno
Premium 6
Accountname: toguno
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,412 hours
Blocks Mined: 421,492
Achievements: 133

Re: Aether 2 by ares

Post by Toguno » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:14 am

There is aether 2. If you go out far enough in the normal aether world, it switches over to aether 2 generated land with new dungeon designs.

I do agree however on alot of the items and mobs.

Trottero
Premium 4
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 1,136 hours
Blocks Mined: 630,686
Achievements: 175

Post by Trottero » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:15 am

Ares wrote:I think we should add aether 2 because it would more dungeons and more loot also lots of new challanges for players. Also aether 2 has many more items to build with and craft with I think it should update to aether 2.
It is not that simple though. Nide probably has to update a ton of the mods which are currently being used. It also requires new land to be generated which will result into larger world, and probably a server which has more lagg, I could be wrong though.
I rate the game 8 out of pineapple.
"You just put the things in the things" - pig001, 17/4/2015
"The engines are stop go" -Dietrig, 27/04/2015

Toguno
Premium 6
Accountname: toguno
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,412 hours
Blocks Mined: 421,492
Achievements: 133

Post by Toguno » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Trottero wrote:
Ares wrote:I think we should add aether 2 because it would more dungeons and more loot also lots of new challanges for players. Also aether 2 has many more items to build with and craft with I think it should update to aether 2.
It is not that simple though. Nide probably has to update a ton of the mods which are currently being used. It also requires new land to be generated which will result into larger world, and probably a server which has more lagg, I could be wrong though.

Im not sure on the following, but this is just based on my knowledge of past issues and how to game works. I may be incorrect.

More worlds do not cause as much lagg as most players think they do, or at least nide said they did not when I asked him way back. Mobs and entities on the otherhand cause more lagg. More worlds usually means more chunks for entities to exist on, meaning more possible lagg.

I believe the problem with the old type of birds was the fact that they caused server lagg when they flied. Not sure on that. The way most minecraft servers work is the actual generation of new chunks also cause some lagg, but that is only while the chunks are being generated. For a chunk to be generated I believe a player has to discover it (walk into it). When the greycliff was released there were a few crashes due to this (from what I have heard).

The best people to ask about this stuff is nide, nick, or marc.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:57 pm

Have you ever been on a server where mobs don't despawn? Maybe. Have you been on one with as many worlds as Craftland? Maybe. But one with both of those, plus the pickable spawners, plus the amount of spawners placed around the world? No. I guarantee it. More worlds only cause no lag if the world is bare.

On the topic of Aether II, no. The Aether II dungeon system is terrible. Absolutely fucking horrible. It's also a buggy piece of shit mod. We have some Aether II features, and have some that Aether II even copied. Be happy with those. The amount of work nidefawl would put in to adding Aether II features would be too much. Maybe if the server had a constant 50 players online, a fair amount of users wanted it. But that's not the case. Plus, the Aether team doesn't particularly like nidefawl, so who knows if they'll agree to him re-distributing their content?

There's a lot of ifs, maybes, and work involved in adding other mods. Aether II will probably never be fully implemented.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

nexonoid
Premium 1
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 950 hours
Blocks Mined: 240,308
Achievements: 89

Post by nexonoid » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:09 pm

Toguno wrote:
Trottero wrote:

Im not sure on the following, but this is just based on my knowledge of past issues and how to game works. I may be incorrect.

More worlds do not cause as much lagg as most players think they do, or at least nide said they did not when I asked him way back. Mobs and entities on the otherhand cause more lagg. More worlds usually means more chunks for entities to exist on, meaning more possible lagg.

I believe the problem with the old type of birds was the fact that they caused server lagg when they flied. Not sure on that. The way most minecraft servers work is the actual generation of new chunks also cause some lagg, but that is only while the chunks are being generated. For a chunk to be generated I believe a player has to discover it (walk into it). When the greycliff was released there were a few crashes due to this (from what I have heard).

The best people to ask about this stuff is nide, nick, or marc.

Greycliff was a disaster at the beginning because chunks loading lagged the server.
Apples n pearce

Soulmusician
Premium 6
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,341 hours
Blocks Mined: 674,851
Achievements: 111

Post by Soulmusician » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:36 pm

On the Modpack we run Aether 2 and with 92 mods now it truly was a pain to configure it.

The Dimension is not different to what craftland offers at the moment, the old dungeons are way better, the rest of the content is not worth being added at the moment.

To acutally push the server in any direction other mods would be way more interesting. The Aether mod does not attract like in the beginning of MC.

The biggest pack on techniclauncher hosting the Aethermod got 11k downloads and is by far the only one out their with over 2k downloads (11k downloads means not 11k registered users, think how often you reinstalled your launchers). Honestly craftland got tons more. Means acutally craftland is the most succesfull Aetherserver ever hosted. If the players trying to join the vanilla client would find their way to the server then the number from 19k users would climb up imense and you can multiply this by the number of 9-10 (measurement past autumn = no holidays = relativley good weather). You really have to keep in mind for ever person who joins the modded server about to ten user try to join with vanilla or something else, gives actually a pretty good view about the intelligence of the people who are supposed to lead the future world and pay my pension. Not a good perspective right?

The calculation shows without a doubt an estimate about 150k people would have joined craftland in its time of existence, if the players would just not be to stupid to read, think and get the point. This calculation keeps of course already in mind that the attraction is now way lower in MC then before, but makes no attempt to concern this, like although in the Aether then before, plus it reduces the estimate about 30% at all to be not optimistic (gives a very low estimate actually), cause of some of the actual people who joined surely found their way onto the modded server.

The Aether people are partially younger people like teenager, but the elderly ones have a good intention about craftland and Nidefawl himself. They understood that craftland does a hughe thing in supporting the Aether community. The adult modpack players are playing together with Aether devs and we are connected via teamspeak.

Mods that drag peoples interest are:

Thaumcraft (most daily attention of all my subscribed threads on minecraftforum.net)
Galacticraft (got a hughe impact atm and is open source)

Yours

Soul