Too much Help? I got the answer!

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6
Accountname: jaylee8111
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 5,377 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,097,421
Achievements: 231

Too much Help? I got the answer!

Post by YT_Rivenful » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:45 am

So I been thinking hard about why players only got a few hrs of gameplay before they quit and the answer came to me. The Answer is simple Mentoing, Warps to dungeons, People offering new players access to grinders for free, it Kills the Hype and Mystery of actually Finding a Dungeon on their own, kills Finding every colored moa in the wild (by seeing them all at once in a shop), Etc.. and this makes things not feel fun at all because when the player ends up going through everything in the game all at once the server is just not that fun anymore. New players should find Secrets of Aether and Greycliff themselfs instead of Vet players saying "Here's The Answer!"

I have a Few solutions pick out whatever you think is good:

1: VIP accessable warps: Players cannot make Public warps on their own they must have Helpers+ Check out the place they set the warp at and be approved as a warp anyone can warp to known as a "Public warp" Or if it was a warp to a pig grinder the warp would be set to a "Vip+ Rank Warp" (Only people who got the vip rank can use these warps)

2: New server rule: Players arent aloud to tell Apprentice's any warps to dungeons/Grinders and they cannot tell them any of the Server's secrets but can still help with other stuff.
Instagram: @Rivenful_Photo, Follow me to see my work.

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Re: Too much Help? I got the answer!

Post by Kye » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:49 am

What would be the point in this?
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6

Post by YT_Rivenful » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:53 am

Kye the point in this is to make players last longer look at other servers for example most noobs last a long time because they are "New" they dont have all the answers trown at their face, And if they use the wiki it would take more of their time to figure out all about minecraft BUT... if a player with 500+ hrs comes along hey noob come to my place i got everything you need and i got the power to fill your brain up with all the knowledge about minecraft. 2 hrs later... Noob knows how to get all the diamonds because he now knows its at y12 and then 5 hrs later... Got everything in the game he wants Good bye server!

See where im coming from now?

USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6

Post by YT_Rivenful » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:59 am

Craftland is too helpful compaired to other servers because when i was on a few noone would talk much at all or help maybe 1-2 people, new people gets all the stuff trown at them then the average player gets bored then yeah he wont want to play anymore

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Post by Kye » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:10 am

What's the point some noobs rage quit because they don't know what to do , also i not trying to start a argument but don't you think what you said is a bit hypocritical.
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6

Post by YT_Rivenful » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:27 am

I think that warps to dungeons should only be made 30 blocks away from a dungeon if the VIP+ Warps dont work, and The mentor task system should only be simple tasks as Crafting items and doing stuff like killing a amount of Aer plants stuff like that and a task for waiting on a moa to hatch a egg and still have the one where you hatches the moa egg.

Arbr
Premium 6
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 6,882 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,348,325
Achievements: 170

Post by Arbr » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:25 am

So umm should the mentor system be completely removed with everything that came with it like teh ranks and mentor symbol things or w.e? Or should they just remove those tasks from the mentor system making it so you only really learn how to use the craftland menu's and not the Stuff within the game.

Personally some of the tasks there were meant to be so that the mentor could help the student but the student does the majority of the work like finding the dungeon and you happen to be there if they need help or creating an item your there to help them out but they mainly are the ones finding the materials to craft them. Atm If this is what drives people away then I feel then there should be one of few things imo done.

Option 1: Oping into Tutorial Mode
- Doing this will still allow you to get VIP Sooner but its more of the system showing you how to do things with text on the screen for players to read and arrows pointing to where one needs to click. Doing this will teach players how to use the craftland menu system with real easier help.

Maybe also within this system it gives the player a set task for them to do and if they complete the tasks / reach 24hrs they are then vip. Making it so the student still has the chance to explore and learn by themselves.

With this system there would be no point for the mentor system and that could possibly go but still list or mention recommendation to talk to players that are addict + for further help.

Option 2: Keep Mentor System But with Changes
-Changes being so that the tasks are more dependent on the student. Having Sub Tasks within each task to have the system check for the student actually doing all the tasks himself.

Examples:

Crafting a Display Case - Sub Tasks: Collecting Sand, Smelting to Glass, Crafting Wood Plates, Crafting Diamond Bladed Saw

Crafting Crafting Shop Chest - Sub Task: Mine 8 End Stone

Crafting Armor Stand - Sub Tasks: Mined 2 Iron Ore, Smelted 2 Iron Ore, Mined 3 Cobblestone, Smelted 3 Stone, Crafted Stone Slabs

Slider Boss/ Valk Queen / Fire God - Checks For: If Player Teleported within last 5 minutes. If Teleportation was /return ignore. If Player did not teleport and killed boss gives them task completed.

Anyways Idk I dont really Mentor people anyways so if this is the problem hopefully things should be done.

Adam
Premium 6
Accountname: the_lumberlord
Played: 2,067 hours
Blocks Mined: 746,235
Achievements: 163

Post by Adam » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:02 pm

Jaylee wrote:So I been thinking hard about why players only got a few hrs of gameplay before they quit and the answer came to me. The Answer is simple Mentoing, Warps to dungeons, People offering new players access to grinders for free, it Kills the Hype and Mystery of actually Finding a Dungeon on their own, kills Finding every colored moa in the wild (by seeing them all at once in a shop), Etc.. and this makes things not feel fun at all because when the player ends up going through everything in the game all at once the server is just not that fun anymore. New players should find Secrets of Aether and Greycliff themselfs instead of Vet players saying "Here's The Answer!"

1: VIP accessable warps: Players cannot make Public warps on their own they must have Helpers+ Check out the place they set the warp at and be approved as a warp anyone can warp to known as a "Public warp" Or if it was a warp to a pig grinder the warp would be set to a "Vip+ Rank Warp" (Only people who got the vip rank can use these warps)

2: New server rule: Players arent aloud to tell Apprentice's any warps to dungeons/Grinders and they cannot tell them any of the Server's secrets but can still help with other stuff.
This is one of the few downsides to mentoring. As a new player, all of the things I did not understand made it more fun, as I wanted to figure out how everything worked. Mentoring is still a great and kind thing to do; but that's why I only mentor when a player asks to be mentored.
Support and contribute to the Craftland wiki here: http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki/How_To_Join

Banana_Cannon
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 465 hours
Blocks Mined: 118,387
Achievements: 67

Post by Banana_Cannon » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:14 pm

Jaylee wrote:So I been thinking hard about why players only got a few hrs of gameplay before they quit and the answer came to me. The Answer is simple Mentoing, Warps to dungeons, People offering new players access to grinders for free, it Kills the Hype and Mystery of actually Finding a Dungeon on their own, kills Finding every colored moa in the wild (by seeing them all at once in a shop), Etc.. and this makes things not feel fun at all because when the player ends up going through everything in the game all at once the server is just not that fun anymore. New players should find Secrets of Aether and Greycliff themselfs instead of Vet players saying "Here's The Answer!"

cuz we all know that number 2 will work out perfectly fine...............
DAS WAR EIN BEFEHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dietrig
Premium 5
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 1,587 hours
Blocks Mined: 397,324
Achievements: 146

Post by Dietrig » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:02 pm

I agree the current mentor system has its flaws but this suggestion is horrid.
The Ability to speak does not make you intelligent.