Regions+

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Arbr
Premium 6
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 6,882 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,348,325
Achievements: 170

Regions+

Post by Arbr » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:27 pm

Region +

There is so much we can do with regions I feel to make them more unique and so they can function to the players liking on the server. Expanding the uses / functions a region can do can help improve player created areas like Towns, Pvp Arenas, Parkour, you name it and it starts with ideas for them.

I Started to think more about region flags ect. when reading Obi_Wan's suggestion for MCMMO Flags in regions. Now my idea for regions might be a little out there so be warn.

Region Flag:

If a Region has at-least 2 Owners and 10 Members, the region can then have a flag that will be shown to players entering the region. The Flags would just be a banner that an owner made and set for the region. The Banner Would be displayed either on the top center of the screen, left middle, or in a custom location the player set. To be able to set the regions banner yes you have to have 2 owners and 10 members, but the person setting it must also at-least be premium 3+ and has to be an owner of the region. Changing a flag will cost 10k and if your region gets below 10 members and 2 owners, then the owner who put the flag up will be sent back his banner and the region will not have a banner (flag) anymore.

Another thing you could do is also allow the use of Paintings as town flags so players can create custom ones.

Another thing you can do is make it so everyone can add flags to regions if they have requirements (not the premium 3 requirement) but they have to use banners and if they want to use paintings they have to be premium 3+.

Region Channel:

When Moosh, Sebastian, and I were creating the 4Corners game, we had to create a new channel for it so it would not flood the global chat with "Red" "Blue" "PRIZE: ____ " ect. So We made a new Channel. If there was a way for either Premium 5+, Premium 6, or Mods + To be able to set a Chat Channel for a Region that could help out.

How will it work?

Setting: Chat Channel: (Selected Channel Name)

Example: Chat Channel: 4Corners

When a player enters that region he will be forced into the 4Corners Channel. Once he leaves the region he will be kicked out.

Ender Pearl Useage Flag:

Simple flag, Just asks if ender pearls should be able to be used within the region to get around. If set no then the person who throws the ender pearl will still see the ender pearl thrown but it wont teleport them.

Hammer of Notch Damage Flag & Lightning Knife:

When shooting a Hammer of notch, should it damage the mobs within the region. Setting this to no will allow your animals and pets to be protected by people using hammer of notches within your region. I had this problem several times and lost 3 Rainbow pandas due to it.

Helper Teleportation within No TP Zone

The other day I had problems trying to teleport to someone within a region that had tp disabled. They were begging for help because a player wouldnt leave their region and killed some of their animals. Now could there be some sort of way where you could allow helpers to be able to teleport within these regions? For example maybe if a player is in the region with tp deny a helper could tp to them but it would ask them for permission. That way we can still be denied teleport access to those regions if we are not wanted but still allow us to teleport there if the player truly needs our help.

Level Flag:

This flag will enable you to have your regions monster spawning level look at either the region or the worlds levels.

Region Leveling of monsters is (1) and cannot be changed. But if your in Greycliff you could have an area with the level of (4) or even (10). Now if you have a region atm in the lvl 10 area then the monsters to be spawned within the region are lvl 1 not lvl 10. This flag will allow you to choose if you want lvl 1 or lvl 10 monsters to spawn within your region if your in a lvl 10 area.

Region Enter / Leave Notifications:

Lastly the only other suggestion I have is to make the enter and leaving notifications that some regions have more noticeable.

Hopefully you guys liked some of the ideas, Thank you.

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 4,296 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291

Re: Regions+

Post by nickmcski » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Arbr wrote:Region +

There is so much we can do with regions I feel to make them more unique and so they can function to the players liking on the server. Expanding the uses / functions a region can do can help improve player created areas like Towns, Pvp Arenas, Parkour, you name it and it starts with ideas for them.

I Started to think more about region flags ect. when reading Obi_Wan's suggestion for MCMMO Flags in regions. Now my idea for regions might be a little out there so be warn.

Region Flag:

If a Region has at-least 2 Owners and 10 Members, the region can then have a flag that will be shown to players entering the region. The Flags would just be a banner that an owner made and set for the region. The Banner Would be displayed either on the top center of the screen, left middle, or in a custom location the player set. To be able to set the regions banner yes you have to have 2 owners and 10 members, but the person setting it must also at-least be premium 3+ and has to be an owner of the region. Changing a flag will cost 10k and if your region gets below 10 members and 2 owners, then the owner who put the flag up will be sent back his banner and the region will not have a banner (flag) anymore.

Another thing you could do is also allow the use of Paintings as town flags so players can create custom ones.

Another thing you can do is make it so everyone can add flags to regions if they have requirements (not the premium 3 requirement) but they have to use banners and if they want to use paintings they have to be premium 3+.
there is still a town system that is in the works so it could be added to that but regions can only have words, we could store the item stack as a string and send that to the client but I think it would work better in towns
Region Channel:

When Moosh, Sebastian, and I were creating the 4Corners game, we had to create a new channel for it so it would not flood the global chat with "Red" "Blue" "PRIZE: ____ " ect. So We made a new Channel. If there was a way for either Premium 5+, Premium 6, or Mods + To be able to set a Chat Channel for a Region that could help out.

How will it work?

Setting: Chat Channel: (Selected Channel Name)

Example: Chat Channel: 4Corners

When a player enters that region he will be forced into the 4Corners Channel. Once he leaves the region he will be kicked out.

thats what the local chat is for, it's to communicate with people immediately around you and you stop talking to those people when you leave the area

Hammer of Notch Damage Flag & Lightning Knife:

When shooting a Hammer of notch, should it damage the mobs within the region. Setting this to no will allow your animals and pets to be protected by people using hammer of notches within your region. I had this problem several times and lost 3 Rainbow pandas due to it.
i thought that it had to check to make sure you can build in the region before it lets you shoot the projectile
Helper Teleportation within No TP Zone

The other day I had problems trying to teleport to someone within a region that had tp disabled. They were begging for help because a player wouldnt leave their region and killed some of their animals. Now could there be some sort of way where you could allow helpers to be able to teleport within these regions? For example maybe if a player is in the region with tp deny a helper could tp to them but it would ask them for permission. That way we can still be denied teleport access to those regions if we are not wanted but still allow us to teleport there if the player truly needs our help.

helpers aren't suppost to be responding to situations like that. We haven't taught them how to handle those situations, also you can do anything even if you go there. The most you can do it mute the player. In that case just get a mod/admin to help.
Level Flag:

This flag will enable you to have your regions monster spawning level look at either the region or the worlds levels.

Region Leveling of monsters is (1) and cannot be changed. But if your in Greycliff you could have an area with the level of (4) or even (10). Now if you have a region atm in the lvl 10 area then the monsters to be spawned within the region are lvl 1 not lvl 10. This flag will allow you to choose if you want lvl 1 or lvl 10 monsters to spawn within your region if your in a lvl 10 area.

this would make level 10 grinders more popular to build and doesn't really fit with the purpose of the levelled mobs

Region Enter / Leave Notifications:

Lastly the only other suggestion I have is to make the enter and leaving notifications that some regions have more noticeable.

there are already already custom join/leave messages you can set
Hopefully you guys liked some of the ideas, Thank you.
Sorry I was on my phone, I put my response to each of the points in bold.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

Toguno
Premium 6
Accountname: toguno
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,412 hours
Blocks Mined: 421,492
Achievements: 133

Post by Toguno » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:31 pm

I support

Fightface
Premium 4
Location: Location could not be loaded due to system error code Jav.lang.string.isempty()Z
Accountname: Fightr2021
Played: 1,526 hours
Blocks Mined: 226,099
Achievements: 123

Post by Fightface » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:33 pm

I love the idea!

Arbr
Premium 6

Post by Arbr » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:27 pm

"there are already already custom join/leave messages you can set "

I know this and the statement clearly shows i know this. I suggested making them more NOTICEABLE

helpers aren't suppost to be responding to situations like that. We haven't taught them how to handle those situations, also you can do anything even if you go there. The most you can do it mute the player. In that case just get a mod/admin to help.

There wouldnt be a reason to mute a player in that situation, If someone wont leave a persons region the best I can do is check to see if they actually are in the region and once that is checked I can ask them to leave. If they refuse or ect. I would have to contact someone higher that can handle the situation. But lets look at a different situation, Say someone needs a region expanded and their region is tp denied, Instead of going through the problems getting to them asking them to get out of the region and having them not listen couldnt there just be some sort of way they can deny or accept the teleportation if they are in a tp denied region. I've had several situation where it took a good 15 - 30 minutes trying to get to someone to help them expand their region due to this.

Joyman533
Premium 4
Played: 2,703 hours
Blocks Mined: 975,880
Achievements: 198

Post by Joyman533 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:03 am

Region Flags: No to the Premium 3 requirement. It's pointless. Might as well make it VIP instead.

Region Channel: What if you have 2 regions and they're for the same place? (Example: rome, rome1) That would get very confusing.

Ender Pearls: No, pointless and should be free.

Hammer of Notch/Lightning Knife: No. It's part of the game, I say deal with it.

Helper TP: Logs should be kept of this to ensure that it's not abused.

Region Level: I guess this would work.

Region Enter/Leave: I guess you could make the font a bit larger?
Helper 5/1/15 to 12/25/15.
Please donate rails, stonebricks, and gold ores to the hopper at /warp TheSC. We need many of those in order to build the railroad network in Greycliff.

Arbr
Premium 6

Post by Arbr » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:16 am

its really w.e, not everyone is going to like every idea and not every idea is good. If this idea seems to be good to the ones coding great but not all ideas are good and certainly not all mine are either.