A way to bring dual weilding without it being too OP

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6
Accountname: jaylee8111
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 5,377 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,097,421
Achievements: 231

A way to bring dual weilding without it being too OP

Post by YT_Rivenful » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:33 pm

EDIT: The two swords you combined together becomes ONE weapon which is called the dual sword. It is dual wielding when you start to do the Attack patterns.

How about when you combind 2 swords together you get for example: dual sword. When you got these two swords you don't do higher damage but instead if you swing both of your two swords a certain attack pattern you can create a special ability. However if you messed any of these attack pattern up it will do the opposite effect for you and damage you and In order to do a attack pattern to perform an ability you hold down right click with the dual sword in your hands. Note: dual swords do not increase damage from a normal sword if a diamond sword did 10 then the dual swords just does 10 from each hit.

Special ability dual wield 1: right right left right = "you strike the foot" slowness 1 for 3 seconds.

Special ability dual wield 2: left right right left right right left right = "you used the might of two swords" critical hit

Special ability dual wield 3: left left left left right right = "chopped off the arm" weakness for 2.5 secs

Special ability dual wield 4: double click, double click. "Might of the Ape" strength 2 for 1 minute (10 min cool down)

Special ability dual wield 5: left right right left left right right left. = "speed of the cheeta" haste 2 for 3 mins (10 min cool down)

Now if you mess any of these combinations up they back fire on you does the exact opposite of the ability you were trying to perform

For each skill there should be a high skill level in swords and a high dragon boss kill like 500 dragon kills and 1100 swords In order to unlock one of the attack patterns.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding elements to dual swords fire, Wind, Water, Earth.

Fire dual wielding: catches enemy on fire for 4 fire damage per tick.

Water dual wielding: regeneration 1 for 1 second when hit

Earth dual wielding: resistance 1 when sprinting

Wind dual wielding knock back 10 and sends emery up in the air OR Tornado guards the player at all times
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading comment all the combinations below and of different skills it can do below. there could be endless combinations and ones for ultimate skills for level 1200 swords!
Last edited by YT_Rivenful on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram: @Rivenful_Photo, Follow me to see my work.

USER_AVATAR
axpex
Premium 1
Last login: 9 years ago
Played: 141 hours
Blocks Mined: 98,498
Achievements: 55

Re: A way to bring dual weilding without it being too OP

Post by axpex » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:45 pm

I think this is Cool and fun to put on server :) Good Job

nexonoid
Premium 1
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 950 hours
Blocks Mined: 240,308
Achievements: 89

Post by nexonoid » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:59 pm

honestly, it's going to take Nide forever to code, the original mod was not compatible with smart moving, i can hardly see this in the near future
Apples n pearce

USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6
Accountname: jaylee8111
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 5,377 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,097,421
Achievements: 231

Post by YT_Rivenful » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:09 pm

nexonoid wrote:honestly, it's going to take Nide forever to code, the original mod was not compatible with smart moving, i can hardly see this in the near future
Hmm.. Maybe the early builds dont have to have any animation when its released just point a direction and do the differnt combination with your mouse. Later on a year maybe when theres not much being worked on the animation gets add a little bit over time? Big project I know but if this is put into the game craftland will be so more unique than so many other servers and alot of people loves swords so this could become very popular and a good addiction to craftland.
Instagram: @Rivenful_Photo, Follow me to see my work.