Mentor Task Kill /arena Boss.

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6
Accountname: jaylee8111
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 5,377 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,097,421
Achievements: 231

Mentor Task Kill /arena Boss.

Post by YT_Rivenful » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:44 pm

I thought that When a new player on craftland is with their teacher doing the /arena boss kill task they have to wait a extremely long time sometimes. New players don't always have the patience to wait that long when there is lots of more things to be doing, So why not make it when you and your student is by the boss spawner your student count as 2 or 3 people at the spawner making it spawn quicker.
Instagram: @Rivenful_Photo, Follow me to see my work.

Arbr
Premium 6
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 6,882 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,348,325
Achievements: 170

Re: Mentor Task Kill /arena Boss.

Post by Arbr » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:42 pm

I kinda dont think that should be done because

1. Not every new player will become a student and from what I remember (could be wrong) there might be a time where the mentor task list is made available for everyone so they dont necessarily need a mentor to do. so pretty much with this added it would say that the new player rank in general would count as 2-3 players at spawner which I kinda dont agree with.

2. Usually the arena boss if the last thing on the to-do list due to waiting for it to spawn which isnt so terrible

3."New players don't always have the patience to wait that long when there is lots of more things to be doing" They could do other stuff while waiting for it to spawn.

Sorry but i dont like the idea. Sure it might be a simple small thing but I for some reason just dont support the idea.

EDIT: I just also realized that if this were to be added then there could possibly be 2 students there at the spawner with their mentors and the player count the spawner would see it as not 4 people but either 6 people or 8 people, if done right this function could later be used to speed up the boss spawner so much as if there is 10-15 players always camping at the spawner which I don't think would be good.
Last edited by Arbr on Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6
Accountname: jaylee8111
Played: 5,377 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,097,421
Achievements: 231

Post by YT_Rivenful » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Arbr wrote:so pretty much with this added it would say that the new player rank in general would count as 2-3 players at spawner.
I said if it was both the teacher and the student with the /arena task still available which means when you get it done both student and teacher cannot make it spawn faster anymore.
Instagram: @Rivenful_Photo, Follow me to see my work.

Arbr
Premium 6
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 6,882 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,348,325
Achievements: 170

Post by Arbr » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:55 pm

Jaylee wrote:
Arbr wrote:so pretty much with this added it would say that the new player rank in general would count as 2-3 players at spawner.
I said if it was both the teacher and the student with the /arena task still available which means when you get it done both student and teacher cannot make it spawn faster anymore.
I don't think you read the thing right.

"Not every new player will become a student and from what I remember (could be wrong) there might be a time where the mentor task list is made available for everyone so they dont necessarily need a mentor to do. so pretty much with this added it would say that the new player rank in general would count as 2-3 players at spawner which I kinda dont agree with."

Adam
Premium 6
Accountname: the_lumberlord
Played: 2,067 hours
Blocks Mined: 746,235
Achievements: 163

Post by Adam » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:57 pm

A good idea is to check multiple times to see when it spawns as you do your tasks, considering it should take around an hour to train every student.
Support and contribute to the Craftland wiki here: http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki/How_To_Join