"Backpack" like feature.

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Mogubea
Premium 4
Accountname: DiamGamingWTF
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,223 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,810,673
Achievements: 272

"Backpack" like feature.

Post by Mogubea » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:06 pm

An example of this feature in action:

MAIN INFORMATION
The new inventory features: These inventory features are only shown when you have a "backpack" connected to your character. The features include the extra slots(Main part of the feature) and a way to upgrade your "backpack"(To allow storage of enchanted items and enchanting the backpack).
Durability: This "backpack" like feature will have durability (If it's an item). When the durability hits 0, it MUST be repaired with Perfect Diamonds and Perfect Diamonds ONLY, otherwise the player will not have these extra features and their items will be forever within the backpack until repaired (Make sure you have a few perfect diams before getting one). Durability will decrease 1 per 30 minutes (Unbreaking will slow this down). The "backpack" has 256 durability.
Player Heads: Player heads will be obtained by killing a player. This will not be a 100% drop chance (I'm not actually sure if this is implemented yet).

UPGRADE INFORMATION
How do you upgrade your backpack? Well. What you need is either, Magma Cream, Emeralds, Diamonds, Nether Stars or a Player Head. These items will increase the total experience for the backpack and eventually level it up. Below will be the information about the EXP needed, bonuses from the level up etc.. Your EXP resets every level up, so it does not carry. (Otherwise it would be too easy to level it up). To use up one of the 5 items, you click one of the item options in the new GUI and it will take ONE at a time. You can hold shift to remove 16.

Items used to upgrade
Player Head: 150 Exp given.
Nether Star: 10 Exp given.
Diamond: 4 Exp given.
Emerald: 3 Exp given.
Magma Cream: 1 Exp given.

Features on Upgrading
Level One (Base Level): 12 Slots.
Level Two (EXP Req: 7500): 24 Slots.
Level Three (EXP Req: 10000): The ability to store enchanted items.
Level Four (EXP Req: 20000): 36 Slots.
Level Five (Max Level, EXP Req: 40000): The ability to add Unbreaking to your backpack.

HOW TO OBTAIN A "BACKPACK"/THE FEATURE
Well, I will have to come up with two methods here (since one of them is through donating for it).
NON-DONATING METHOD (The donating method will not be avaliable): The "backpack" will be craftable but not in an easy way. Every boss on the server now drops a certain item. This item will not have a 100% drop rate so it will keep you busy. These items will be called "Soul of the <boss name>". These souls will be arranged in a chest shape (Slider, Sun God, Valkyrie Queen, Wither, Ender Dragon, Ocelot, Golem, Skeleton) along with a diamond block in the center. It's not easy, but it will be worth the extra inventory space.

DONATING METHOD (The non-donating method will not be avaliable): Donate 15 Euro to the server. Nuff said. Donate extra for an already leveled up backpack feature/item.
==========================================

Tell me what you think of this suggestion. This took me a while to think about completely and I want to thank Jaylee8111 (Moa chest idea) and Sleepy (Backpack item idea) for helping me come up with this suggestion.
Ex-Owner of Craftland :thumbsup:

Toguno
Premium 6
Accountname: toguno
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,412 hours
Blocks Mined: 421,492
Achievements: 133

Re: "Backpack" like feature.

Post by Toguno » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:47 pm

With premium ranks we already have massive inventories. That plus a backpack would be a bit op.

USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6
Accountname: jaylee8111
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 5,377 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,097,421
Achievements: 231

Post by YT_Rivenful » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:05 am

I like this idea just that the book bag shouldn't beable to break
Instagram: @Rivenful_Photo, Follow me to see my work.

Blue
Premium 3
Accountname: BlueShadows22
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 2,011 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,515,778
Achievements: 230

Post by Blue » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:08 pm

I think they should work like in World of Warcraft, where certain bags can only hold certain items, like a Herbalism bag that only holds flowers, grass, seeds etc.

Slash
Premium 6
Accountname: BackSlash17
Last login: 10 years ago
Played: 1,419 hours
Blocks Mined: 663,089
Achievements: 137

Post by Slash » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:43 pm

now that would be cool, a bag that could only hold certain items
-Slash