Perfect Diamond Pickaxe

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6
Accountname: jaylee8111
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 5,377 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,097,421
Achievements: 231

Perfect Diamond Pickaxe

Post by YT_Rivenful » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:08 pm

Once mining was faster than what it is now with new books (You one time could run while mining with efficient 5 pickaxe plus beacon haste 2).
I think that Perfect diamond pickaxes should be added so when you drink a haste 3 potion with efficient 10 perfect diamond pick you could at least go fast through stone blocks.
[If you don't got high Unbreaking on the pickaxe you could end up losing profit from finding diamonds as you have to use perfect diamonds to repair so I think it balances in the speed and profit.]
Instagram: @Rivenful_Photo, Follow me to see my work.

Mogubea
Premium 4
Accountname: DiamGamingWTF
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,223 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,810,673
Achievements: 272

Re: Perfect Diamond Pickaxe

Post by Mogubea » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:21 pm

Maybe, the Perfect Diamond Pickaxe should have the ability to instantly break stone blocks but mine ores at a slower speed than the Iron Pickaxe.

Or at least make it so it only requires an Efficiency V enchant to instantly break stone. I mean, seriously. Efficiency X for it will take alot to repair along with the extremely low chance/high price of obtaining the book.
Ex-Owner of Craftland :thumbsup:

pig001
Premium 6
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Or it breaks a 3x3 area of stone only... Only problem with this is how to prevent breaking blocks just inside regions. It may just be one 3 blocks of stone.... but still

Mogubea
Premium 4

Post by Mogubea » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:35 pm

Pig001 wrote:Or it breaks a 3x3 area of stone only... Only problem with this is how to prevent breaking blocks just inside regions. It may just be one 3 blocks of stone.... but still
3x3 area seems nice. I would suggest making the pickaxe slower if that's going to be the case, just a tad slower since the diamond pickaxe with a nice enchant can do the same thing pretty quickly.

Make it so the 3x3 area only works outside of regions. Even if it's your own region. Then add a check to see if the blocks that are being broken is within a region (Just to prevent people mining outside of a region to grief the stone for some reason...o.O). The thing is... It will be a lot easier to find dungeons,caves and diamonds etc.. so maybe make the 3x3 temporary? For the first 100 durability of the pickaxe? (So people are needing to spend Perfect Diamonds to keep this ability going).

In a nutshell:
Check: Perfect Diamond Pickaxe BlockBreakEvent pretty much.
Check: Perfect Diamond Pickaxe is in the players hand.
FALSE: return | TRUE: continue on...
Check: Pickaxe's durability >= 1461
FALSE: return | TRUE: continue on...
Check: If the player is inside a region
FALSE: Mine a 3x3 area and continue | TRUE: Mine only one stone block
Check: All blocks in the 3x3 radius to make sure that they are not within a region. Pretty much, only break blocks that are outside of a region unless the region is owned by the miner.

Soulmusician
Premium 6
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,341 hours
Blocks Mined: 674,851
Achievements: 111

Post by Soulmusician » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:45 pm

Make a perfect diamond hammer for 3x3x1 blocks and give the pickaxe the ability to break stone like in creative like destroying it to dust, cause of who needs hughe amount of cobble? That way the inventory would not get filled up with cobble.

Mogubea
Premium 4

Post by Mogubea » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:49 pm

Soulmusician wrote:Make a perfect diamond hammer for 3x3x1 blocks and give the pickaxe the ability to break stone like in creative like destroying it to dust, cause of who needs hughe amount of cobble? That way the inventory would not get filled up with cobble.
Maybe cobble & dust? Fills up your inventory quicker for the benefit of mining a lot faster.
I suggest this because why add something that can let you mine a ton faster without some sort of "disadvantage". It's either a quicker inv filler or something like a smaller range..? blindness..? Low durability...? i dunno. I just really think something like this should have some disadvantage.