New features for craftland!

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!

What feature do you want most?

Towns
100%
Spectator mode in survival games
No votes

Total votes: 12

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 4,296 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

New features for craftland!

Post by nickmcski » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:56 am

Hey guys there are a lot of features on craftland and a lot of features that need updating or improveing. I'm going to try to fix as many as I can but I want to know what features you want fixed or added first.

There are a few things I really want to add like the revamp of the town system as well as add a spectator mode to survival games. Both will be a huge amount of work so I want to know which of these you want added first and what features they should have.

Please leave all your suggestions of what you want these features to include down below or on the bug tracker.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

Soulmusician
Premium 6
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 1,341 hours
Blocks Mined: 674,851
Achievements: 111

Re: New features for craftland!

Post by Soulmusician » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:50 am

+1

Robman533
Premium 6
Location: Universe, Superclusters, Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Solar System, Planet Earth, Europe, Belgium
Accountname: robsherwood
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,663 hours
Blocks Mined: 453,859
Achievements: 156

Post by Robman533 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:51 am

Town system, as in Factiony things?

Soulmusician
Premium 6
Played: 1,341 hours
Blocks Mined: 674,851
Achievements: 111

Post by Soulmusician » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:58 am

Nick if you want to use this which was going to be open source as the thread says you could generate real nice villages and cities, castles like the villages in minecraft maybe?

http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=& ... WU&cad=rja" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The mod could be a reference you like and help you in your own strategy if I understood right.

Yours

Soul

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Rob_Kenway wrote:Town system, as in Factiony things?
Kinda like that. Nidefawl has been talking of this town system for over a year.

Glad to see it finally become something.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

Arbr
Premium 6
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 6,882 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,348,325

Post by Arbr » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:19 pm

Town System Ideas:

I personally am indifferent on town systems being added. I wouldnt mind them being added and I wouldnt mind them not being added. Pretty much I could still function without BUT here are some additions I might like to see, maybe idk.

-Town Chat:
If a player is in a town then a new chat window would pop up and it would be a chat box for that town. Pretty much a way to keep conversations about / within a town in its own confined space if its needed so its not disturbing the global.

-News:
Ability to make either a "Newspaper" or some sort of announcement place for the towns. For example maybe having a gui for the town where when its up it can say latest town news that the owners / higher ranks of the town set and also list new town members.

-Town Achievements:
Achievements that you obtain with your town. For example; "Town Bank Reaches 1,000,000" "Town Bank Reaches 100,000" "Entered a Town you do not own" ect.

-"Titles" names:
Ability to label players within your town with different titles that would only show above your head within your town. For example;

King/Queen Arbr, Owner Arbr, Mayor Arbr [Owner Titles]
Knight Arbr, Duke Arbr, Lord Arbr, Major Arbr [2nd in charge Titles]
Peasant Arbr, Civilian Arbr, Arbr the Fisherman, Arbr the Blacksmith, Arbr the Slayer Master, Arbr the Brave, Arbr the Weak [Other Titles]

(Just examples. :P)

-Emblems:
If there was a gui for the town, having the ability to make an emblem / select an emblem that could show on the gui and when entering the town it shows the Towns emblem at the top of the screen along with the towns name.

-Other Gui additions:
Ability to see player population, Active player population, Town Ranking (as in Best Fishermen, Best Skillers, Most amount of players, Most Staff live within the town, Most Students mentored, Riches Town, Biggest (in size) town, Smallest (in size) town, Most Bosses killed, Most Addicts + living within a town. and possibly others.

-Merchants Chest:
Similar to a Shop chest and similar to an Ender chest AND similar to a Diamond chest. Player must have 2 Merchants Chest to make the system work. What Owners of towns would have to do is set up the chest within their town and within another players town. What would happen is that the merchant chest found within your town will be the chest you can place items in. The owner of the town will set the the amount each item will be sold for and what % of the profits goes to the Town bank and what % goes to all players within the town. The chest can hold up to 5 different offers and can hold more items than a normal shop chest. If a player from the other town you placed a merchant chest in interacts with the chest they will see up to 5 items being able to be bought or sold to.

If that idea is too weird or challenging then how about this:

Owners of a Town can set up Merchant Chests within their town. The chest can hold up to 5 offers/deals and can hold as much as a diamond chest. Anyone within the town can add items to the chest but only the owner can take items out unless other players have been given the perms to be able to take items out. The profit still goes to the town bank and a % of the money is split between all the active players within the town.

-Town PVP
Ability to either make the town a PVP zone or a section of the town a PVP zone. Players entering the PVP zone will be warned its PVP and they have 5-10 seconds of not being able to be attacked so they have the warning time to turn back out of the town. Also when teleporting to a town with pvp enabled it will warn you and ask if you still want to continue.

-Graveyard
If the owner of a town sets an area of his town to be the towns graveyard, then if a civilian dies within the town their death chest would be moved to the graveyard instead of where they died.

-"Im" Protected
A way for us to "protect" individual homes within the town so new players who are added cannot destroy. Or ability to make sections for the town with ability to allow set groups of players or players with X title to build / destroy within the section and also disallow.

If I have any more ideas ill update my reply.

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6

Post by nickmcski » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:53 pm

Chance wrote:
Rob_Kenway wrote:Town system, as in Factiony things?
Kinda like that. Nidefawl has been talking of this town system for over a year.

Glad to see it finally become something.
Towns have been in the code for a long time but disabled, I want to revamp them so they can be useful and have the features they should have
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:56 pm

Would towns have similar features to the Towny plugin (nations, war, land has to be bought, etc.)?
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6

Post by nickmcski » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:43 pm

Chance wrote:Would towns have similar features to the Towny plugin (nations, war, land has to be bought, etc.)?
Right now they don't, that's why I made this topic to see what the features of this should be.
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played

Slash
Premium 6
Accountname: BackSlash17
Last login: 10 years ago
Played: 1,419 hours
Blocks Mined: 663,089
Achievements: 137