Let's make the "Mentor" mode better.

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 26 days ago
Played: 4,297 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Re: Let's make the "Mentor" mode better.

Post by nickmcski » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:58 am

short answer its easier to put it where I put it.
Long answer is its a lot easier to have it on the side without affecting anything else because if I added it to there it would affect the overall width of the name place which everything is dependant on. For a proof of concept its not worth all that work.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

Robman533
Premium 6
Location: Universe, Superclusters, Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Solar System, Planet Earth, Europe, Belgium
Accountname: robsherwood
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,663 hours
Blocks Mined: 453,859
Achievements: 156

Post by Robman533 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:02 am

I think 300 apprentices for the final tier is way too much, but let's not talk about this right now.

As for the emblems, the spot nick showed looks good. Since I am not that creative, I hope someone can make some really cool emblems :D

USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6
Accountname: jaylee8111
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 5,377 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,097,421
Achievements: 231

Post by YT_Rivenful » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:00 pm

The last Emblem should be The Craft Lands Logo Cube Icon.
Instagram: @Rivenful_Photo, Follow me to see my work.

Arbr
Premium 6
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 6,882 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,348,325

Post by Arbr » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:26 pm

I dont like it... sure you get new emblems or w.e but that would make mentoring for the wrong reasons. I think people should mentor people because they like to help, not because they want to gain a new emblem or w.e., Sure you might want something for your work but think of it this way ... Your helping a player in the community to help them stay longer on the server. If anything I would love the mentor system to be added to the requirements to become staff and that alone might inspire players to try mentoring more (even though some are trying to mentor now only for the new title and probably once they get that they will be done).

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 26 days ago
Played: 4,297 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291

Post by nickmcski » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:35 pm

Arbr wrote:I dont like it... sure you get new emblems or w.e but that would make mentoring for the wrong reasons. I think people should mentor people because they like to help, not because they want to gain a new emblem or w.e.,
I agree that this system should be purely out of ones heart to do good for the server, but for some players they need that extra bit of motivation to get stuff done.
Also, its a little picture beside your name, nothing game changing. I think its just a small way to say thankyou for helping out the server.
Arbr wrote: If anything I would love the mentor system to be added to the requirements to become staff and that alone might inspire players to try mentoring more (even though some are trying to mentor now only for the new title and probably once they get that they will be done).
We don't like having a lot of "requirements" for staff because that can only measure quantitative qualities about the person. There are so many qualitative attributes to a person that no algorithm can pick up. I'm sure when we do the vote for the next helpers the trained students will influence my vote but I will take things into account like playtime and if they help players even if they are not there pupil.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

Arbr
Premium 6
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 6,882 hours
Blocks Mined: 1,348,325

Post by Arbr » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:04 pm

nickmcski wrote:
Arbr wrote:I dont like it... sure you get new emblems or w.e but that would make mentoring for the wrong reasons. I think people should mentor people because they like to help, not because they want to gain a new emblem or w.e.,
I agree that this system should be purely out of ones heart to do good for the server, but for some players they need that extra bit of motivation to get stuff done.
Also, its a little picture beside your name, nothing game changing. I think its just a small way to say thankyou for helping out the server.
Arbr wrote: If anything I would love the mentor system to be added to the requirements to become staff and that alone might inspire players to try mentoring more (even though some are trying to mentor now only for the new title and probably once they get that they will be done).
We don't like having a lot of "requirements" for staff because that can only measure quantitative qualities about the person. There are so many qualitative attributes to a person that no algorithm can pick up. I'm sure when we do the vote for the next helpers the trained students will influence my vote but I will take things into account like playtime and if they help players even if they are not there pupil.

Oh I know more goes into for staff. I've actually been staff on many servers and had to go through the same process. I was just getting at that if there was anything to be added to motivate them further I felt it should just be the addition of requirement for a staff. I know if anything about this was to deal with applications it would probably just be listed under recommendations but not required.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:10 pm

Arbr wrote:
nickmcski wrote:

Oh I know more goes into for staff. I've actually been staff on many servers and had to go through the same process. I was just getting at that if there was anything to be added to motivate them further I felt it should just be the addition of requirement for a staff. I know if anything about this was to deal with applications it would probably just be listed under recommendations but not required.
It would really just be the same as working on the wiki. It's not required, but it usually sways the vote.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.