Crazy's New Suggestions

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Crazy
Premium 4
Accountname: Xcrazy_zombiesX
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 954 hours
Blocks Mined: 789,688
Achievements: 162

Crazy's New Suggestions

Post by Crazy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:02 pm

Idea 1: Make another quiz for the new spawn for when new players join.

Idea 2: For the new spawn add some sort of thing to tell who the current staff is and how active they are like at the last spawn it the hall of fame.

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 28 days ago
Played: 4,297 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Re: Crazy's New Suggestions

Post by nickmcski » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:08 pm

Crazy wrote:Idea 1: Make another quiz for the new spawn for when new players join.

Idea 2: For the new spawn add some sort of thing to tell who the current staff is and how active they are like at the last spawn it the hall of fame.
I really like the idea of the quiz because most players don't read the rules and this whay they are forced to know the crutial rules and who's staff
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:27 pm

Quizzes are tedious and annoying when you first join a server, especially after going through the trouble of downloading a separate launcher. People don't like having to take a quiz when they join. That's why nidefawl removed the quiz even before the new spawn was released. If someone is gunna break the rules, their gunna break the rules. A quiz won't stop them. The only I think should happen is when you begin downloading the launcher, the website should redirect you to the rules page.

Also, player heads of staff at new spawn with activity signs. Nothing extravagant. Just a small display.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

Crazy
Premium 4

Post by Crazy » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:49 am

Chance wrote:Quizzes are tedious and annoying when you first join a server, especially after going through the trouble of downloading a separate launcher. People don't like having to take a quiz when they join. That's why nidefawl removed the quiz even before the new spawn was released. If someone is gunna break the rules, their gunna break the rules. A quiz won't stop them. The only I think should happen is when you begin downloading the launcher, the website should redirect you to the rules page.

Also, player heads of staff at new spawn with activity signs. Nothing extravagant. Just a small display.
But there isn't a rule section at the new spawn. So new players have no idea what the rules are, or what color staff members are. They just spawn in an area with no concept of the rules and eventually will get banned because of that. The website thing could work and we could also make them spawn with a rule book like with the hats new players are getting or just build a rule section at spawn before players leave into greycliff/aether.

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:48 am

Crazy wrote:
Chance wrote:Quizzes are tedious and annoying when you first join a server, especially after going through the trouble of downloading a separate launcher. People don't like having to take a quiz when they join. That's why nidefawl removed the quiz even before the new spawn was released. If someone is gunna break the rules, their gunna break the rules. A quiz won't stop them. The only I think should happen is when you begin downloading the launcher, the website should redirect you to the rules page.

But there isn't a rule section at the new spawn. So new players have no idea what the rules are, or what color staff members are. They just spawn in an area with no concept of the rules and eventually will get banned because of that. The website thing could work and we could also make them spawn with a rule book like with the hats new players are getting or just build a rule section at spawn before players leave into greycliff/aether.
The rule section would look ugly and completely ruin the look of the new spawn. Book is a good idea. But the rules have to be displayed short and sweet. No one wants to read a 398423 page long book of rules.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Crazy
Premium 4

Post by Crazy » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:27 am

Chance wrote:The rule section would look ugly and completely ruin the look of the new spawn. Book is a good idea. But the rules have to be displayed short and sweet. No one wants to read a 398423 page long book of rules.
If people really hated taking the quiz why did only 500(Give or take) not pass the quiz out of the 17 thousand players who joined?

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:54 am

Crazy wrote:
Chance wrote:The rule section would look ugly and completely ruin the look of the new spawn. Book is a good idea. But the rules have to be displayed short and sweet. No one wants to read a 398423 page long book of rules.
If people really hated taking the quiz why did only 500(Give or take) not pass the quiz out of the 17 thousand players who joined?
The quiz is relatively new. Only about 5k have joined since the addition
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Handyman
Premium 6
Accountname: handman1991
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 2,219 hours
Blocks Mined: 733,406
Achievements: 126

Post by Handyman » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:30 am

From what I have heard is that there will be a gui if you join with the rules and you have to agree with it before you can play.
-Joined 20 march 2011-
-Longest Playtime until 1947 hours-

Soulmusician
Premium 6
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,341 hours
Blocks Mined: 674,851
Achievements: 111

Post by Soulmusician » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:52 am

Chance wrote:Quizzes are tedious and annoying when you first join a server, especially after going through the trouble of downloading a separate launcher.
The quiz is indeed a player killer or do you see even any vanilla server up and running with a flourishing playerbase using a quiz? The quiz idea died in 2012. This was adequate in 2012 (http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/tip ... r-popular/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) but is not in 2014 or do you have to do one entering hypixel or any other bigger server (they set the standard)? Please dont live in the past there it´s not what the typical minecraft player expects to see when he joins a server. To hold a player you have to make a really good impression and not to behave like the military or a insurance dealer. That just doesn´t work anymore, for this there are to many servers out there and we are not FTB or Tekkit or AT that our launcher is known by the last hillbilly on this planet. Make your rule quiz in a exciting and passionate way and make it stunning, original and hillarious plus interactive with all players and you might get some ear, when the goals of the year 2014 can be accomplished and that is to grow either by holding players and getting more.
Chance wrote:People don't like having to take a quiz when they join.
Agreed and if somehow anybody wont believe this, cause of whatever i ll take my time and visit countless server owners and their server with him and count the amount of quizzes we see.
Chance wrote:That's why nidefawl removed the quiz even before the new spawn was released.
Ask himself you will get response about that i got no doubt.
Chance wrote:If someone is gunna break the rules, their gunna break the rules. A quiz won't stop them. The only I think should happen is when you begin downloading the launcher, the website should redirect you to the rules page.
I suggest having another header or tab in the launcher where the rules are located Image, if you are in need of some rules ingame make another thing like the Minigames board or just write Serverules on its right side and locate them above the games maybe? Other way would be to make only one board for minigames and the other one for the rules. But if you place rules keep it small with 4 - 5 signs and dont make the player think about the server as a controlled government institution please. The popup window died handy cause of bothering to much feels Nide. He just wants the way onto the server as smooth as possible and as exciting as possible. I guess he will rather promote new ways of dealing with upcoming issues or give the players the transparancy like with the /ignore [player] command.
Chance wrote:Also, player heads of staff at new spawn with activity signs. Nothing extravagant. Just a small display.
Who the heck needs this podium? No player gives anything about the staff the only thing would be the feature of the display cases. The idea to put statues on the spawn died on Saturday, if you dont believe me ask Nide. In order how particular Moderators tried raging to press their will through with their statues in the middle of the spawn and i know i will propably get in trouble with this statement, shows clearly to me that the players are not their concern when it comes to game concept and this does not mean they are not important and weren´t doing a good job for craftland, it made just no sense and the statue thing was no part of the spawn concept from the beginning in the discussion with Nide.

Rather should jobs like a Helper, Moderator or Administrator have endings or Suffix for the names, that would make it clear to anybody that this person who stays infront of him can whoop his butt and has to be respected at least a bit at once or if we think more player friendly at twice. That is what flourishing bigger servers do.

When we reach the goal like the double or when it comes to what is expected from the folks who put their sparetime, the triple amount of players i ll support the initiative to find ways to regulate smooth and smart to get again lesser effort for staff. Right now its the development, progress and growth task and not the stability and control task. As I said I agree it may be more effort for the staff to handle this, but this is the need of the server and it´s not important to look what satisfies the staff at the moment then rather the players or the pusher like the owner itself. And motivation even if intrinsic or extrinsic and satisfaction are at some point the key powers for flourishing projects and what keeps them going. This does not mean the staff does not dedicate much to the server i mean your playtimes and mostly immediate response shows you are on with it. The thing is the group effect on the server what divides the newbs (the playes we have to hold) and the players we are glad to have. If you dont understand what i say all the time i recommend you reading Tajfel (1986) "the social identity theory". The thing what is going on is a social psychological issue like development in society allways is so the deal is not to make the project better and better and die doing so, cause of lack of motivation and satisfaction.

This is a server not a single player thing and a server got community and community means social interaction and social interaction means identification and dedication and that means intrinsic motivation for the players and extrinsic motivation for the host and his guards. The balance has to be kept between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation otherwise the thing dies aswell as like without the resources to hold it. That means that right now the extrinsic motivation from the player side was to get used to the thing and the intrinsic motivation from the host and guards had been kept stable. But this always needs balance and thats why its turned around at the moment and i say that that you realize it is a time binding effect. When it means it could be a bit harder for a short time are you afraid? The last years did not bring a bigger community am I wrong?

It is material and imaterial resources what keeps a thing going like if you may like hard values and soft values. Hard value in that case is manifest and soft value is mental. What makes a player stay is if the mentality of the thing attracts him at once and he gets the idea behind it.

This all shall not be about personal desire or otherwise we will get stagnation and we will be in real trouble. So i made my point clear i hope and supported the positions which are in need of some support to be kept riding the old horse further into the sun.

So and now please keep interacting with me and dont be scared or whatever i am not mad at anybody I just wanna play on the potential the server and everthing in it got like players (always first) guards or as you may say like staff and at least the host (always the last word) next year and the following years and I wanna see the medium server is it is (like a social network with effective interactino not like posting some dumb stuff on facebook) cause of this is already more then a game (if you dont belive me go back and read again and reflect).

So now its time to reflect what happens if we use all power we got to drive the thing and not to project what we want this to be. Evaluation time is when we have to evaluate anything and not if there is no effect to be mentioned. After there is a effect in order to the goals then the old schematics may be right or even worthless, redefined. That´s what makes a soul. Everything else is cold, dark and colorless like nothing and if nothing happens its worth nothing and nothing happened for to long. When it happened and it will if people who are in charge work on it to improve it then we can try to control the fire. But as long as no fire burns it is just ........
Now we got a glint and if the there really have to be any statues somewhere then place them in the minigames maybe? The issue on the technical side is the rendering of the little block surface and thats a lot of blocks, I mean count the blocks used out of little blocks ther you may see not that much. Thats why the vikingship had to die.

It´s time for mixed methods and not either quantitative or qualitative. One alone cannot bring a breakthrough. Keep this word in mind
"breakthrough". After the breakthrough is made this can set new goals. So it would not hurt if the activities of the crafltandians who wont this happen and I am sure i talk for all of us is organized somehow like with advertisement on where and how, community interaction inside and outside and i cannot take it that we might have to less people or talent for such a step. If you check the stats in the last 2 weeks and go the quantitative way you might see how many more players stood longer then only a couple of minutes (mental issue like the mentality is adaptable / indirect activation) plus what happened since the spawn is out (concrete action and direct activation and expression of communication from the side of the server). So if the staff wants to express his position he might do that "elsewhere on the server, wherever they want" (Nidefawl 2014).

So now i stop cause of i feel my blood pressing to much hormones in my neuronal receptors, wanering into teh spinal ganglia at my backbone and reaching my brain hopefully not before I finished my comment on this.

This is not about personal desire or stilling some hunger for whatever (like personal likes or old and new gamecontent or how the things work) if it comes to me and i am gonna shoot you like a boss if you try to make it look like!

Remember me rather as friendly person you never have seen the other way around and you don´t want it. If you feel like we should play the game trial and error do me a favour and ask jayden before this he may assure you that its not clever to f... with me. So keep it that way don´t f... with me and i won´t f... with you!

Thanks and respect that your attention span in a internet forum was long enough to follow us even if it is not clear what happens now inside of your cognitive prefrontal cortex (brainsection located in the front of your head). The backwards directed sections are the ones for unreflected and instinctiv action like dominant behaviour and ellbow behaviour (you may know this primitiv behaviour from some talented young man in the chat and yes thats the thing what can be regulated by rules but way better if the regulators are way more advanced, which honestly is a longer process, so no offense). The last lumbal section of the medual spinals located in the backbone is the earliest version of a neuronal network (brain) and its located in your butt, so take some time dont be rude if someone is rude he truly can be that way named as an a..hole driven individual. So don´t be one and value the good higher than yourself. I dont wanna split up fractions or make people look bad if it comes to me I prefer all working together cause of the gain for all is worth more then the gain for a handful of people.

A last advice!
Ask the people who can reflect the situation like the elderly and you will get what you want and your time will be back at once cause of it will refresh you. Let´s make success happen!
Have a good day!

You got this broadcast hosted by radio wisdom and soul and not by radio heart and desire.

Yours

Soul

amp
Premium 6

Post by amp » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:01 pm

Soulmusician wrote:As I said I agree it may be more effort for the staff to handle this,
It would be more effort.
1. I'd rather give the extra effort to achieve these goals
2. We could always remove the staff that fall behind and cannot keep up, if needed.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.