Skype channel with craftlland chat?

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Soulmusician
Premium 6
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,341 hours
Blocks Mined: 674,851
Achievements: 111

Skype channel with craftlland chat?

Post by Soulmusician » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:41 am

Hei folks,

is it posdible to do a skype channel which is connected to the craftland chat? Could it be posdible with twitter? I just dont know.
Would be interesting if people could register with skype accounts and that way be always in the craftland channel.

Yours

Soul

Cerbion
Premium 5
Played: 1,075 hours
Blocks Mined: 958,831
Achievements: 152

Re: Skype channel with craftlland chat?

Post by Cerbion » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:14 am

As far as I can tell, skype would rather be impossible to access, but twitter has an API which would make it possible to realize it, yet my question would be, would it be worth the effort? I am not the big fan of twitter myself, but I don't know how the rest of the community thinks, but if it would only help out like 3 people from the whole community, I doubt it'll be worth the time :D

Why is IRC not an option for you?

Handyman
Premium 6
Accountname: handman1991
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 2,219 hours
Blocks Mined: 733,406
Achievements: 126

Post by Handyman » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:14 am

This would mean that there would be another official way to communicate with, while there are already several ways. If they would need moderate that too it could become to much.
-Joined 20 march 2011-
-Longest Playtime until 1947 hours-

Soulmusician
Premium 6

Post by Soulmusician » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:19 am

Cerbion wrote:As far as I can tell, skype would rather be impossible to access, but twitter has an API which would make it possible to realize it, yet my question would be, would it be worth the effort? I am not the big fan of twitter myself, but I don't know how the rest of the community thinks, but if it would only help out like 3 people from the whole community, I doubt it'll be worth the time :D

Why is IRC not an option for you?
Basically you are right i just wondered if we could get something to reach all players ever signed up with news and with a constant acces to whats going on on the server. I guess the app works that way i never tried it, i am fine with irc.

Mooshroom
Premium 6
Accountname: The_Mushroomcow
Last login: 2 years ago
Played: 3,878 hours
Blocks Mined: 640,246
Achievements: 161

Post by Mooshroom » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:51 pm

Although the connection to craftland chat may not be an option, I do like the idea of an official Craftland Skype Channel
someone's going to see this eventually, right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuSKERiejO0
#OneMooChance

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:47 pm

TWITTER! TWITTER! TWITTER!
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:57 pm

Official craftland twitter, meh, might be useful. I dont know how you would get the twitter API to work with craftland chat, it may be possible, but 140 or something character limit... that will make stuff a lot harder to do, and if you allowed people to post tweets to craftland chat, you cant "kick" them from the chat in an easy way, so people could easily spam the chat.

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 24 days ago
Played: 4,297 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Post by nickmcski » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:19 pm

Pig001 wrote:Official craftland twitter, meh, might be useful. I dont know how you would get the twitter API to work with craftland chat, it may be possible, but 140 or something character limit... that will make stuff a lot harder to do, and if you allowed people to post tweets to craftland chat, you cant "kick" them from the chat in an easy way, so people could easily spam the chat.
We have an official Craftland twitter and Facebook and Google plus, I may try to set up the API with Craftland so there will be the option to send tweets for events, if it's used I Don't Know.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

Soulmusician
Premium 6

Post by Soulmusician » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:15 pm

nickmcski wrote:
Pig001 wrote:Official craftland twitter, meh, might be useful. I dont know how you would get the twitter API to work with craftland chat, it may be possible, but 140 or something character limit... that will make stuff a lot harder to do, and if you allowed people to post tweets to craftland chat, you cant "kick" them from the chat in an easy way, so people could easily spam the chat.
We have an official Craftland twitter and Facebook and Google plus, I may try to set up the API with Craftland so there will be the option to send tweets for events, if it's used I Don't Know.

Sounds like profit ;)

Thanks or your thoughts so far!
Keep going!