Make bosses harder!

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Mogubea
Premium 4
Accountname: DiamGamingWTF
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 3,223 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,810,673
Achievements: 272

Make bosses harder!

Post by Mogubea » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:33 am

Bosses... what do you think of when you hear that word? A challange? A final battle? I don't know. But when I think of that word, I think of a good challange. Something that is almost going to kill you if you mess up in the slightest. I want to bring some of the difficulty of bosses into craftland.

Total Power Level
Im hoping you would all know about your power level. If you don't then I can quickly explain it. Your power level is the total of all your McMMO skills put together. (Mining 5 + Excavation 5 = PowerLevel of 10). This feature would be used in this suggestion.

Loot
Yea, loot, normally that is what everyone fights a boss for. Or just for something to do. I think the loots of bosses can be too bad if my suggestion were to ever come into play. Loot will be apart of the suggestion aswell.

Right, now time for the actual suggestion. Bosses are far too easy for expert players of Craftland (Not saying I am one but bosses are too easy). I'm talking about the people with Protection 7 on their gear and Sharpness 9 on their weaponry. Bosses will be a breeze for them. And the loot they get is pretty much pointless (unless they have a shop). I'm saying you, nidefawl, should buff the bosses to a level equal to their power level.

Why their power level?
A newbie would NOT want to fight an overpowered boss would they? So just.. don't buff the boss if they are new to the game (in which their power-level would be really low).

Bosses dependent on their power-level would be great! Players with a power-level of over 9000 could get an actual challenge instead of walking in their and the next minute they are out with some bad loot

What should change about the bosses?
Health - Higher the power level, the more health it has. Simple. :roll:
Damage - Same as health, higher power level, higher attack. :thumbsup:
Loot - Better loot dependent on the power level... Why would you want crap loot when you have just beaten a boss beyond compare?
Attack AI - Different attack AI would be my favorite part. Having a new way that they come at you with their new strength would be surprising. Lets take the Slider for an example. His AI is to slide either Up, down, north, east, south or west. With this system, as an op player walks in and attacks the slider, the speed of his movements can be increased and maybe he could charge directly at you no matter what direction you are in as a rare move dealing a lot of damage. Maybe he could also summon a few minions of his own sometimes. There is so many things I could suggest. :D

Know what else could be fun? Maybe the bosses could rarely inflict some negative potion effects such as blindness and poison. ;)

Thank you for reading this suggestion :)
Ex-Owner of Craftland :thumbsup:

USER_AVATAR
Kye
Premium 6
Accountname: Respawnage
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 3,717 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,877,512
Achievements: 218

Re: Make bosses harder!

Post by Kye » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:50 am

explain how this would be fair to people like me who have high mcmmo and only use a valk axe?
Busy firing potatoes out of my butt.

In other news Derpy wins the Award for most Jailbait.

DakotaSpine
Premium 1
Accountname: darkspine509
Played: 631 hours
Blocks Mined: 155,447
Achievements: 104

Post by DakotaSpine » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:32 pm

If bosses all just stuck to what a player's skill levels are, then there would be no real progression. Just kind of fighting it as a weakling always, and there's no fun in that. The point of getting stronger is to be able to easier overcome those challenges, and eventually beat a boss without breaking a sweat. Besides, if people aren't careful, or prepared, they can easily be killed by the current bosses still. And even the new boss requires tons of hits, teamwork, and even kills some of the strongest players.

I really don't think they need a buff like this, if one at all.
Rawr

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:17 pm

Would like harder bosses too. My solution: sword enchants don't phase the boss and do basic damage.

Also: Noobs do the bosses with older players everyday. Meaning the boss would be super hard for the noob. And they'd prolly lose. And rage.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.

USER_AVATAR
YT_Rivenful
Premium 6
Accountname: jaylee8111
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 5,377 hours
Blocks Mined: 4,097,421
Achievements: 231

Post by YT_Rivenful » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:16 am

Maybe have it like for example: Im 1000 power level I can get a boss level from 1-1500 in my power level range, And if there is somebody there with me with 1000 power level too it gets doubled 1-3000 chance of that level boss.
Instagram: @Rivenful_Photo, Follow me to see my work.

Soulmusician
Premium 6
Played: 1,341 hours
Blocks Mined: 674,851
Achievements: 111

Post by Soulmusician » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:41 am

just place 4 skeleton spawners next to him as his troops
do a maze with invisible blocks where the boss can pass through but you dont
make the boss regain health for every player he kills
instead of a invisible blocks maze give him the skill invisibility
instead of skeleton spwaners place blaze spawners or anything else or mix it
give him the ability to walk over one block gaps in the floor and make some sort of chessgame floor with block, void, block, void, etc. or do some areas where holes are in the ground

Robman533
Premium 6
Location: Universe, Superclusters, Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Solar System, Planet Earth, Europe, Belgium
Accountname: robsherwood
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,663 hours
Blocks Mined: 453,859
Achievements: 156

Post by Robman533 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:32 am

Chances idea sounds amazing.

I don't know yet if they are hard or not, I will face them on sunday probably because I am back home then.

Kind of offtopic: As for a new boss, I suggest a boss with more challenge: a blaze boss that can only be killed with projectiles: bows, cloud staff or darts. Not many people use these weapons nowadays, everyone uses melee combat, so it would bring back those weapons to our gameplay.

Mogubea
Premium 4
Accountname: DiamGamingWTF
Played: 3,223 hours
Blocks Mined: 8,810,673
Achievements: 272

Post by Mogubea » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:13 am

Agent_R wrote:As for a new boss, I suggest a boss with more challenge: a blaze boss that can only be killed with projectiles: bows, cloud staff or darts. Not many people use these weapons nowadays, everyone uses melee combat, so it would bring back those weapons to our gameplay.
Yea... about bows... they are weak as hay compared to all melee weapons such as swords n' axes.
Ex-Owner of Craftland :thumbsup:

Robman533
Premium 6
Location: Universe, Superclusters, Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Solar System, Planet Earth, Europe, Belgium
Accountname: robsherwood
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,663 hours
Blocks Mined: 453,859
Achievements: 156

Post by Robman533 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:59 am

Exactly, that would make it a hard boss since I hear the current ones are easy for veteran players.

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:16 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
Agent_R wrote:As for a new boss, I suggest a boss with more challenge: a blaze boss that can only be killed with projectiles: bows, cloud staff or darts. Not many people use these weapons nowadays, everyone uses melee combat, so it would bring back those weapons to our gameplay.
Yea... about bows... they are weak as hay compared to all melee weapons such as swords n' axes.
My bow does about 40dmg. That's not weak.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.