Some thoughts about McMMO

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Cerbion
Premium 5
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 1,075 hours
Blocks Mined: 958,831
Achievements: 152

Some thoughts about McMMO

Post by Cerbion » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:29 am

Hey guys, this has been bugging me from the first day I've played on this server (I know it's not been that long, but still x3).

I have a few things to talk about concerning McMMO, which is a great plugin, I loved it ever since I started using it ages ago on my own server, and it's a great way to make vanilla minecraft more exciting, and being part of it, makes craftland even better, but sadly not to the full potential!

Now I have 2 things to talk about and Ill kinda seperate it in this thread:

A: a Craftland-McMMO documentation
B: missing configs/features

A: A craftland McMMO documentation
For most people it's not important, but for some (me included) it makes a huge difference.
Now I know there's a wiki entry for mcmmo in the official craftland wiki.. but that is rather.. let's say thin.. There is some info in it but compared to what SHOULD all be in there, it's simply not enough. So I am asking everyone who knows details about mcmmo (mainly people who have maxed out some if not all skills or just have a lot of playtime (chev, porkana, etc.)) to post them here so we can extend the wiki.
This also includes the drops from Excavation and the rest of the unlockable skills/drops from all the other skills.
Some problems I have (for example): Do I get diamonds upon reaching lvl 1.000 in exc? Is there a durability-decay-multiplier on active-abilities? (super breaker, tree feller, giga drill) and there's a lot more things I'd want to know (but it would make a lot more sense if everything was just explained in the wiki).

________________________________________________________________________________________

B: Missing Configs/Features
This is rather a suggestion, but I've seen some threads in this forum already. Just to make a simple example, I have a little farm for all the different things right in front of my home, including: Orange trees, blueberry bushes, wheat crops, sugar canes, potatoes, carrots, pumpkins, melons, nether wart.
Now half of these things actually grant me herbalism XP (what, sugar canes, pumpkins, melons) so there are a lot of things missing (and that's only an example for herbalism).
so things I see missing are:
Mining: aether ores? (haven't tested it, I am not much in the aether, will update it if someone (if not myself) can confirm it, other than that, mining seems pretty alright)
Woodcutting: greycliff/aether wood? (haven't really been testing it as well, will update if someone or I even myself can confirm it)
Excavation: soulsand 0 xp, aether dirt/quicksoul 0 xp, quicksand ? (not tested, same as above)
Fishing: sadly not enabled at all, but I do respect Nide that since he's using an old version he would have to implement it himself so I guess it can wait, but it'd be nice to see it some day (fishing yay!)
Archery: sadly not enabled as well (it was said that it was because of Phoenix bow, making the fire-arrow skill obsolete, but that can actually be bypassed by completely deactivating the fire-arrow skill, since there is more to the skill than just the fire-arrow (I am talking about the highly useful arrow-return skill here!).
Taming: Would be nice if taming/incubating moas would gain XP, but I can imagine that it's rather impossible to combine those plugins/mods but it would be nice since taming is a pain to skill.

Now I think adding some addition XP rates are easy to achieve since mcmmo has a config-file (correct me if I am mistaken) where you can just enter blockid/name and the respective Xp amount to it.

The rest seems fine to me. :3

DISCLAIMER: This thread is not meant to be offensive/disrespectful in any way! I know that craftlands system with all it's features (may it be a plugin or a mod) has been a lot of work, and I know that these ideas/things probably can't be changed anytime soon anyway, but it would nice, since mcmmo is great plugin offering a lot of additional gameplay (experience).

That's about it, thanks for taking your time to read/consider the things I wrote in this thread, have a nice day!

EDIT: Changed the title.

Robman533
Premium 6
Location: Universe, Superclusters, Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Solar System, Planet Earth, Europe, Belgium
Accountname: robsherwood
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,663 hours
Blocks Mined: 453,859
Achievements: 156

Re: Some thoughts about McMMO

Post by Robman533 » Thu May 01, 2014 11:49 am

There we go, Craftland will become easier once again.

In my opinion, the current settings of mcMMO are just fine.

Taming XP with moas would not only be hard to add as feature, but what would be the point? They don't attack any mobs, you simply ride them. If this would be added, taming would be easy as hell.

Archery... Well, not that important I think. Vanilla archery is good as well.

Fishing, yes, please, I love this skill. Especially the treasure fishing feature. Right now, hardly anyone fishes. Adding this would bring in a lot more fishermen.

Woodcutting, mining and excavation all have a bunch of XP sources. It doesn't hurt not to have the blocks you mentioned added.

About the small wiki... I don't think many players actually use the wiki, they just ask ingame (you mainly get more and better explanations ingame from fellow players).

Cerbion
Premium 5

Post by Cerbion » Fri May 02, 2014 6:53 am

Well about it getting easier, I don't neccesarely want that, the xp rates very well be scaled down a bit, what I was hoping for is a bit more variety (so people from greycliff/aether can skill just as well as people from the otherworld can.
I never said it's hurting but it just seems incomplete, like why would I not get better in Woodcutting when cutting down a 20block high greycliff tree compared to a simple oak tree?

I agree with your point about moa/taming but currently I feel like taming is even worse than summoning in Runescape (if you don't know it, it's a pretty slow and boring skill process).

but as I said, I was just dropping some ideas/thoughts about it, because I've used mcmmo before craftland on my own servers and since I joined Craftland not too long ago, I thought why not share my first impressions/thoughts.
I am actually fine with the system how it is right now, and I don't think that there is any priority in adjusting/improving it but it's nice to know if some others think the same & all (for example with the fishing, I'd love to build a little garden with a pond, next to my home to go fishing from time to time)

The wiki is something which is a knowledge basis, I never said people shouldn't ask ingame, instead it's recommended to just ask players ingame, but for me It's nice to have a wiki so I can see the information objectively without a "I think its..." before and so I can tell/help other people with the correct information.
Because the problem is, while craftland is very cool with all it's unique features, it limits the information we can use from vanilla minecraft or the plugins used (e.g. mcmmo)
So it'd be nice to get that information all written down and explained, I never said everyone should read/use it.

But thanks for your feedback rob.

Robman533
Premium 6
Location: Universe, Superclusters, Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Solar System, Planet Earth, Europe, Belgium
Accountname: robsherwood
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,663 hours
Blocks Mined: 453,859
Achievements: 156

Post by Robman533 » Fri May 02, 2014 10:35 am

Yeah, again, about fishing, I'd love seeing that on craftland. Currently, at my home (which is huge), I have small docks with chests filled with boats and fishing rods, so I'd love fishing while in a boat or just sitting at my docks with some 'underwater treasure' drops, which is offered by the mcMMO skill (and next Minecraft versions).

Yes, taming is horrible, but I don't see how it should change/improve. There's not a lot to do about it to be honest. I agree summoning is boring to train, but, god, look at the benefits once your level is high (e.g. steel titan (powerful ranged ability), pack yak (banking), unicorn stallion (healing), etc.). So, if you would compare taming to summoning, it would be amazing to see new pets added just to craftland or just more amazing abilities added or so, I don't know. Perhaps just taming of any mob, but that'd be OP and not realistic at all.

Cerbion
Premium 5

Post by Cerbion » Fri May 02, 2014 12:39 pm

yeah I agree, but I guess considering the taming that such features will take a lot of time and still have questionable advantages, but it would be nice to have like your own skeleton army following you xD