Suggestion!!

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
emperial7
Accountname: Emperial7
Last login: 13 years ago
Played: 57 hours
Blocks Mined: 24,822
Achievements: 18

Suggestion!!

Post by emperial7 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:12 pm

I think we should be able to make our warps private if we want to, also we haave way to many and we shouldnt make usless warps that take up our servers space which can cause some lag ( i think).

thanks for reading!

USER_AVATAR
BlackDragonRage
Played: 23 hours
Blocks Mined: 58,340
Achievements: 48

Re: Suggestion!!

Post by BlackDragonRage » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:51 am

Yeah that is something we have been looking at. Hopefully soon we will be able to set restrictions on warps so that only the player who makes the warp can see it as well as restrictions to how many people can make. As it is stated in the current rules list (may be subject to change), you should really just make 1 or 2 important warps. Also don't make a warp at a place you wouldn't want others to warp to.

nidefawl
Premium 6
Last login: 6 months ago
Played: 2,264 hours
Blocks Mined: 98,426
Achievements: 102

Post by nidefawl » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:08 am

Finished this today (adapted version of MyWarp)

Will be in the next update
ImageImageImage

USER_AVATAR
emperial7
Accountname: Emperial7
Played: 57 hours
Blocks Mined: 24,822
Achievements: 18

Post by emperial7 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:12 pm

also, you think we can get a shout box?

USER_AVATAR
nickrev
Played: 51 minutes
Blocks Mined: 65
Achievements: 33

Post by nickrev » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:45 am

What would be really cool is if you made the "spawn points" at each town, so when you start you are in a random town!
to get to my town type /warp reville
My texture pack:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10068464/Nickrev%20Custom%20With%20pointer.zip

USER_AVATAR
BlackDragonRage

Post by BlackDragonRage » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:23 am

nickrev wrote:What would be really cool is if you made the "spawn points" at each town, so when you start you are in a random town!
That would be cool. Not sure you can have multiple spawn points, but one is good. It keeps others away from cities and brings them to a common area people know.

nidefawl
Premium 6
Last login: 6 months ago
Played: 2,264 hours
Blocks Mined: 98,426
Achievements: 102

Post by nidefawl » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:08 am

emperial7 wrote:also, you think we can get a shout box?
On the webpage?
nickrev wrote:What would be really cool is if you made the "spawn points" at each town, so when you start you are in a random town!
Griefers incoming!
ImageImageImage

USER_AVATAR
nickrev

Post by nickrev » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:21 pm

:arrow: well if you cant have spawn points at a random town we could at least have a building in the town listing all the current warps to towns, that way people would know where towns are without us having to tell them :!:

:arrow: also what would be cool is if you could make an unmanned store where you lock the chest and to open it you you pay a certain amount of coins to unlock the box. after they take the items out for the price the box locks back up. then the store owner would come back and refill the box. that would be really cool.

:arrow: another neat feature would be to mark all the public warps on the homepage of this site on the map. that way people could see how everything is connected.

:arrow: have a battle arena in town and have it so that each player pays the ref. the ref pays whoever wins!

that is all the ideas i have for now...
My texture pack:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10068464/Nickrev%20Custom%20With%20pointer.zip

USER_AVATAR
BlackDragonRage

Post by BlackDragonRage » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:01 pm

Very good suggestions nick. To answer the first one, I am not sure how good having warps to town posted in public would be. The reason it may not be a good idea is because it opens the doors for griefers to warp to your town and then destroy it or the land around it. However I still think it is a good idea.

As for the shop, that is being worked on. There is already a plug-in created where you have shop signs with what is being sold and how much is in stock so then if a player wants to buy the item, they just click on the sign. I have also seen automated stores in other servers where no matter where you are in the world, you can buy items from the server so no need for chests

Another good idea that maybe nidefawl can see if it is possibly

There is a battle arena in the works and hopefully when the plans are drawn out for it (maybe it will include traps but not sure) then we will try to find a place where we can build it and try to only allow PvP in that area.

USER_AVATAR
nickrev

Post by nickrev » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:34 pm

thank you for your response!
here is another idea
:arrow: why not make the servers map file downloadible so we can use it offline aswell! that be neat!

:arrow: update the "snapshot" for the map every X amount of days. its annoying that my guy looks like the default guy on the map when my char is a modified dead space guy.
Last edited by nickrev on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.