Creative World.

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
Dictator10
Last login: 10 years ago
Played: 403 hours
Blocks Mined: 58,791
Achievements: 38

Creative World.

Post by Dictator10 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:10 pm

I feel that Craftland should add a creative world. If a creative world was to be added, the potential for future builders for the server could become reality and the server could have some extremely amazing projects and creations. The creative world would introduce a new form of fun, not seen by craftland and many other servers. The best part of the creative world would be to let the intuition and innovation of the people of craftland shine and who wouldn't like to see some of the rare blocks like purple aercloud.

Tyler
Premium 3
Accountname: ctmpkmlec4
Last login: 4 months ago
Played: 637 hours
Blocks Mined: 124,252
Achievements: 80

Re: Creative World.

Post by Tyler » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Dictator10 wrote:I feel that Craftland should add a creative world. If a creative world was to be added, the potential for future builders for the server could become reality and the server could have some extremely amazing projects and creations. The creative world would introduce a new form of fun, not seen by craftland and many other servers. The best part of the creative world would be to let the intuition and innovation of the people of craftland shine and who wouldn't like to see some of the rare blocks like purple aercloud.
There is a reason why only admins have creative resources. I believe that if regular players had access to a creative world, some players would use their creative advantages to be destructive. I know your idea is to encourage players to be inventive and constructive; however, I think a lot of players would abuse it.

"Nice house you built there. I just loaded it full of TNT. Five, four, three, two, one. Where'd your house go? Oh hey, check out that awesome crater."
-Craftland Wiki Contributor-
-Grammar Nazi-

Handyman
Premium 6
Accountname: handman1991
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 2,219 hours
Blocks Mined: 733,406
Achievements: 126

Post by Handyman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Tyler wrote:
Dictator10 wrote:I feel that Craftland should add a creative world. If a creative world was to be added, the potential for future builders for the server could become reality and the server could have some extremely amazing projects and creations. The creative world would introduce a new form of fun, not seen by craftland and many other servers. The best part of the creative world would be to let the intuition and innovation of the people of craftland shine and who wouldn't like to see some of the rare blocks like purple aercloud.
There is a reason why only admins have creative resources. I believe that if regular players had access to a creative world, some players would use their creative advantages to be destructive. I know your idea is to encourage players to be inventive and constructive; however, I think a lot of players would abuse it.

"Nice house you built there. I just loaded it full of TNT. Five, four, three, two, one. Where'd your house go? Oh hey, check out that awesome crater."
It would go a bit different, since TNT doing block damage is disabled.
Anyway, you don´t need to have creative to create great stuff, there are several players on this server who build loads of huge stuff without creative.

This is an survival server, if you want to build great stuff you will have to make a challenge of it.
-Joined 20 march 2011-
-Longest Playtime until 1947 hours-

Mr_Blobby
Banned
Premium 2
Accountname: blobbosezhi2
Last login: 11 years ago
Played: 803 hours
Blocks Mined: 192,796
Achievements: 73

Post by Mr_Blobby » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:14 pm

Building with creative mode will more often than not make the whole experience much less rewarding, and alot more boring.
-Craftland Admin-
-In loving memory of Mr Blobby, departed 1999-

USER_AVATAR
Dictator10

Post by Dictator10 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Then why not make the creative world for use of the addict rank or donators only? And for newer players who do not have many friends, to build something huge will require more resources than one person can gather. I know quite a few people who have built gigantic things, but they always had the help of many others. This would be a way to not suffer from fall damage, and to not need to spend months gathering resources.

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 27 days ago
Played: 4,297 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Post by nickmcski » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:34 pm

Blackjack wrote:
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

USER_AVATAR
Dictator10

Post by Dictator10 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:35 pm

nickmcski wrote:
Blackjack wrote:
Lol

Blue
Premium 3
Accountname: BlueShadows22
Last login: 1 year ago
Played: 2,011 hours
Blocks Mined: 2,515,778
Achievements: 230

Post by Blue » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:36 am

Tyler wrote:

Plot of land for each player, only the owner and added members can build on plots.

Faker
Premium 5
Accountname: ZChaoticLight
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 802 hours
Blocks Mined: 209,598
Achievements: 131

Post by Faker » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:50 am

nah, this is a modded survival server and a modded survival server it should be
Meow

amp
Premium 6
Accountname: ChanceIsChance
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 3,417 hours
Blocks Mined: 3,594,816
Achievements: 201

Post by amp » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:29 pm

We still need this!

Dictator10 quit the server because everyone gave him so much shit for this suggestion BTW.
Question Authority.
Be Too Stupid To Stop.

Qu'importe le chemin que je prends j'aurai des regrets et des remords.