64 to 32

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
David
Premium 4
Accountname: David4799
Last login: 9 years ago
Played: 314 hours
Blocks Mined: 49,038
Achievements: 50

Re: 64 to 32

Post by David » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:59 am

if you had to sleep thatd really be a personal problem wouldnt it

Mr_Blobby
Banned
Premium 2
Accountname: blobbosezhi2
Last login: 11 years ago
Played: 803 hours
Blocks Mined: 192,796
Achievements: 73

Post by Mr_Blobby » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:56 am

pig001 wrote:There will not be a decrease in max players, i can bet on that. Your ideas, david, are that you just will always get on(well, that is what i see), and then just let the other players wait for someone to leave. This would not work at all, players would get mad, and you wouldnt always get a spot anyways. If i had to give my opinion, i would increase the max players to 70. This would allow some extra players, while keeping extra RAM, CPU etc. costs to a minimum.
We already spend an absolute fortune on hosting fees.

70 Euros a month. And they wonder why we have the pay to unban option for people.

Either way, this isn't related to player count as much as server efficiency, Nide is looking into fixing it up some more.
-Craftland Admin-
-In loving memory of Mr Blobby, departed 1999-

Banana_Cannon
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 465 hours
Blocks Mined: 118,387
Achievements: 67

Post by Banana_Cannon » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Mr_Blobby wrote:
pig001 wrote:There will not be a decrease in max players, i can bet on that. Your ideas, david, are that you just will always get on(well, that is what i see), and then just let the other players wait for someone to leave. This would not work at all, players would get mad, and you wouldnt always get a spot anyways. If i had to give my opinion, i would increase the max players to 70. This would allow some extra players, while keeping extra RAM, CPU etc. costs to a minimum.

70 Euros a month. And they wonder why we have the pay to unban option for people.

Either way, this isn't related to player count as much as server efficiency, Nide is looking into fixing it up some more.
Is it really that expensive? How are the costs so high?
DAS WAR EIN BEFEHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr_Blobby
Banned
Premium 2
Accountname: blobbosezhi2
Last login: 11 years ago
Played: 803 hours
Blocks Mined: 192,796
Achievements: 73

Post by Mr_Blobby » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Banana_Cannon wrote:
Mr_Blobby wrote:

Is it really that expensive? How are the costs so high?
We have to run a server with enough power to host an entire 64 player custom server, webserver, wikipedia sub-site.

Either 70 or 80 a month.

http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produk ... server/ex6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Craftland Admin-
-In loving memory of Mr Blobby, departed 1999-

pig001
Premium 6
Last login: 3 months ago
Played: 3,387 hours
Blocks Mined: 520,475
Achievements: 185

Post by pig001 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:23 pm

What I meant by in my opinion, is that if had to increase or decrease the player count, then i would increase it by only a small amount. The costs are very high, so I would not increase the player count at all, it is good as it is.

nidefawl
Premium 6
Last login: 6 months ago
Played: 2,264 hours
Blocks Mined: 98,426
Achievements: 102

Post by nidefawl » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:03 am

We are at 32 now until the lag is fixed
ImageImageImage